Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

btw.. here I upload a very usefull file, maybe you know it (xls strength meter).. sorry, i don´t know who created it..

it works great (you should have set: MT4... Options/ Server/ Enable DDE server )

K

Attachments

• sila_2.xls
    514.5 KB · Views: 424
Re: THE FXCORRELATOR latest version is here !

Hi,

I am new here.

can someone please tell me what software/program this runs on?

Hi all

ok heres the latest version - default setting is 1000/1 with all 8 Lines on the chart

In loading this software you have agreed to the terms and conditions below

I can assure you that nothing is out of the ordinary regarding below and anything you have purchased trading systems wise will have the same blurb....you will have probably agreed to it without knowing as you parted with whatever Greenery was required for the pleasure of its usage.....:rolleyes:

I am not in anyway saying you cannot play with the settings and setups...in fact I want it to be tested by you all and we can discuss Ideas on this site...I am being a legalese pain in the wotsit mainly for the reason below

If you ever end up paying or seeing advertised something very similar to this - let us know here and we will try to stop the process continuing.....it is a free indicator !

no excuses not to post and ask questions now then !(y)
N

Good morning everyone,
I don't know anything about this indicator NVP speaks of. can someone point me in the right direction to find it? Also, somewhere near the beginning of this thread Neil talks about pairs and lists the corr pairs. I printed it out when I first started reading but I've lost my printout. I would like to print it out again, but heck, I don't want to start at the beginning again to find it when I'm in the 600s pages of reading. Does anyone know where this is?

Thanks

Good morning everyone,
I don't know anything about this indicator NVP speaks of. can someone point me in the right direction to find it? Also, somewhere near the beginning of this thread Neil talks about pairs and lists the corr pairs. I printed it out when I first started reading but I've lost my printout. I would like to print it out again, but heck, I don't want to start at the beginning again to find it when I'm in the 600s pages of reading. Does anyone know where this is?

Thanks

Hi Maggieo,

I think art.hoar was talking about this NVP´s post:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ing-basic-ideas-strategies-64.html#post993638

and i´m not sure what list of pairs are you talking about ... maybe you mean this NVP´s post about currencies:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...ding-basic-ideas-strategies-2.html#post876536

;)

Kruspe

:clap:Why thank you very much. I will check these out. It's so nice to have such helpful people around. Hugs.

hey all

K nice post on your approach ......this is exactly what I need here as some correlation Compardres bring ideas forward (y)

N

meanwhile the ole 80/20 yen & USD play with dow (inverted) support continues to kick ass (y)

c'mon everyone show me something better as theres plenty out there in the correlation cosmos :)

N

Attachments

• nice nice nice.jpg
    nice nice nice.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 173
What do you ask - do I know any better systems ?

now that would be telling ;)

N
(bye bye - bar calling)

hey all

K nice post on your approach ......this is exactly what I need here as some correlation Compardres bring ideas forward (y)

N

Thx N,

let´s call it a power of cooperation ;)

btw.. honestly i´m surprised that only a few people are discussing in here... the rest of them are probably only lurking around ...it´s their business, not mine ..right N ;)

i´m still waiting for some photos from holiday :cool:

K

well too discuss the correlation many of us are new baby so hes hard too comment cause we dont know what we are talking about it we still learning ?????you guys are professional nevertheless the correlation hes a wonderful tools wishes he has a new version with alert even if i had too pay for the software.
many thanks for your input

I'm inclined to agree with Banawa. These correlations graphs are pretty new for me and I'm still trying to sort things out for myself.

for instance, I've got 2 complete graphs, one on daily and one on 5 mins. The daily tells me to buy € and sell USD or Yen. the 5 mins seems to tell me it's not a very good idea at the moment. Same for AUD. The 15 min AUD/USD is going north at the moment though, so maybe I'll go along with them.

Not very clever what I'm saying , I'm afraid.

I've also bought gold since the USD has been dropping since the beginning of the year. If I had the guts, I'd stay with it, what with the threat to the USD rating , etc., etc..

Hi all,

yes, I completely understand what are you both talking about... I didn´t mean my comment about discussion wrong.. it was only constatation :)

it´s good to know that NVP has some followers... his aboveboard attitude deserves it (y)

And Cactrader, yes, it take some time to get this charts and basic principles into eyes and brain.. don´t give it up .. and answer to your question about opposite signals on different TF.. it´s absolutely ok.. as you asked:

daily TF says: buy EUR/USD, it´s in uptrend (so you can buy it, but it could go a couple of hours, even days in opposite direction (against you - and that was saying lower time frame singal: sell EUR/USD)

and after that it turns (or it should if your signal was right) to your direction.. again, it takes some time to hit break even point (BE means your trade is on 0 / no loss, no profit) a than your trade is going in to profit)

Remember, every TF requires different approch... how long will open your position, how to set SL/TP etc.

it would be better to attach an example (maybe later).. i hope you understand it, and if you knew it (i dont want to underrate noone of you) it could serves as a help for some begginers in here.

regards,

Kruspe

Kruspe,

I am tickled pink. I was wondering if anyone would speak up and help these guys and here you are!!! This makes you a good guy in my book, not that anyone else in here is a bad guy. You've moved way up though.

Thank you, cuz I was wondering what to say being pretty new at this as well. I'm going to make one suggestion for them. Thanks again.

version with alert

yeah, I agree .. it would be lovely.. unfortunately programming is absolutely out of me..

NVP knows some PC guys, but they have some agreements, or whatever, i´m not sure what about exactly.. i can´t answer instead of Neil :)

K

Banawa and Cactrader,

I cannot stress enough the importance of reading the posts. I've been slowly working my way through each and every one of them. There is a wealth of information in them.

Here is how I do it. I'm sort of making a manual of my own. I keep a MS Word software program open as I read. Every time I read something that I need to absorb with more time, I copy and paste it into my MS Word program and then put a separator line for the next post of interest to me.

I keep doing this until I get tired of reading or stop and watch a video. Then I print out the pages I've copied to read at my leisure and make corrections or changes based pm wjat O
ve read. This works fantastic for me because now I have a little manual going.

Now I just came across this excellent video on posted page 639, I think it's called scalping on the 5 min TF. It sent lightbulbs falshing all over the place. It is the best video thus far for me. You have to check it out if you haven't already.

After watching the video and taking a ton of notes, I printed out the material I had been copying (include the charts but expand them), and the notes I took on the video, stapled them all togehter, and now I can sit back with my coffee and study them.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but these guys are right about going through the posts. I have a tendency to want to just run right ahead of myself, then I can never catch up to me. So slow down, and read, read, read. Just doing that gives you a very deep understanding about the process and you will love this indicator or program even more so.

I hope my suggestion helps you in some way.

Kruspe,

I am tickled pink. I was wondering if anyone would speak up and help these guys and here you are!!! This makes you a good guy in my book, not that anyone else in here is a bad guy. You've moved way up though.

Thank you, cuz I was wondering what to say being pretty new at this as well. I'm going to make one suggestion for them. Thanks again.

Hi Maggie,

you know..NVP is enjoying his holiday ..and the rest of us have to work harder..

no I´m kidding NVP absolutely deserves it :D

K

Hi Maggie,

you know..NVP is enjoying his holiday ..and the rest of us have to work harder..

no I´m kidding NVP absolutely deserves it :D

K

Yeah, I already told him I'm green with envy.

I wonder if you could help me. After watching this fantastic video I have set up the 80 and the 20 charts. I'm trying to set up the Dow chart but I don't know where the Dow indicator and the other is at? Can you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Yeah, I already told him I'm green with envy.

I wonder if you could help me. After watching this fantastic video I have set up the 80 and the 20 charts. I'm trying to set up the Dow chart but I don't know where the Dow indicator and the other is at? Can you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

hey M,

what broker do you have ?.. some of them are not providing dow jones, or other indices.. mostly it is called US30, USA30 or DJI30... so open your MT4, press CRTL + M (market window and right click "show all" ... then you search for US30 or something like that).. or click on new chart / indices / us30

now you have opened a new chart window with DOW chart... then you have to set up 2 moving averages:

MT4: instert/ indicators/ trend/ moving average

A) period 20 (yellow or whatever colour you want)
B) period 80 (red)

and than you can start to stare :D

that´s all

K