Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

A CHALLENGE TO YOU ALL

Expert traders (I mean the proven ones - not the millions of b*llsh*t artists :p)

differentiate themselves from us mere mortals by their (uncanny ?) abilities to have a "feel" for the market that they are sucessful in........or the way they can "read" the plays almost in advance..........blah blah blah

the rest of us just buy the books, watch the Videos and buy the systems hoping some of that magic and ability will rub off if we practice hard enough..........:(

RUBBISH !!!! :p

if you read this thread, and watch the videos (well the handful that are ok :p) and follow up to date what we are doing here + spend time eyeballing and practicing with your own correlators (or use my settigns) then I guarantee 100% that you will (eventually) have a better "feel" for the G8 Forex market than everyone else out there.......and then when you have that the pips and trades will follow trust me

as an example just look back at the few posts that I made today and all I am doing is following simple rules combining a few charts :smart:

YES - I know it looks like 8 sqiggly lines playing around the maypole but thats the way it is (c'mon we got arrows now :p )

c'mon try it and feedback here as you go ........but you have to commit to persevering and doing it - and not drift off onto the next cr*p system that promises wealth and riches !

N
(jees - what rattled NVP's cage today ? :p )

Hi Neil, I would be happy to look at it. Where do I find your thread on here? Can you give me a URL?

hey mate

I see you are already here !

its a simple Strengthmeter adapted from the old school stuff like CCFp etc etc and I think Ferrux and TRO were in the mix developing this stuff years ago

I just have some simple 20ma combo settings on different Timeframes sprinkled in the mix and try to correlate these signals with the Equities market

its not a pure system in a box as I encourage all to experiment and develop themselves

and also I am not a full time professional trader so I do not feel qualified enough to be teaching this stuff

any thoughts or advice are appreciated

Regards
Neil

Hi all

quick update then have to shoot off today.......the Tag team have really enjoyed some rises today and could go again if US30 dumps (yen is actually still a triple arrow buy anyway)

classic alignments with Yen , USD and CHF looking bullish whilst the rest are pointing south with the US30 bias

God knows what NZD is doing ..its certainly a strong dude at the moment on the 1h and 4hr charts !

plenty of candidates then on triple arrow sells to accomodate these pairing trades (y)

later
N

Attachments

• pm update.jpg
    pm update.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 130
Hi NVP,

I'm enjoying your thread, and only had one comment so far. I'm on page 8, there have been a total of 64 posts so far, and only a few contributors. Maybe that changes over the course of the thread; afterall, I do see over 500 pages. Wow! But my question would be, why did you decide to put your info here rather on Forex Factory, where you would have had numerous contributors?

Hi Neil
Love your work. I have loaded the indicator and it looks great. However, when I change time frames the green & yellow lines revert back to original thickness. Is there a fix for this
Thanks..Jeff

mornin all

US30 traced back up overnight...........looks like she may be falling again now ?

tag team are triple arrow nort and Eurotribe looks like the takers for some southerly moves

triple arrow EURO already in place.....

your money your call :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 124
Hi NVP,

I'm enjoying your thread, and only had one comment so far. I'm on page 8, there have been a total of 64 posts so far, and only a few contributors. Maybe that changes over the course of the thread; afterall, I do see over 500 pages. Wow! But my question would be, why did you decide to put your info here rather on Forex Factory, where you would have had numerous contributors?

Hey Dreamliner

A real honour to recieve some input from you (y)

let me respond later when I have more time.... ..meanwhile some of hat early stuff was (ahem) a little naive and raw in retrospect......you will be able to skim fairly quickly through I hope as a lot was just daily comments and not much re the advancement of the systems and ideas temselvesf....last few monhs I feel have had a lot of prgress and more hopefully will come

Regards
N

Hi Neil
Love your work. I have loaded the indicator and it looks great. However, when I change time frames the green & yellow lines revert back to original thickness. Is there a fix for this
Thanks..Jeff

hey besrace

have alook over the last month or so at the indicators loaded here as I think one of them kept the green / yellow lines permanently bold

if not tell me here + the Broker you use and I will drop in a simple FXcorrelator (no Arrows) that does this........:smart:

Better Still.....hey spoil yourself and have all timeframes you like loaded permanently ! :p

N

mornin all

US30 traced back up overnight...........looks like she may be falling again now ?

tag team are triple arrow nort and Eurotribe looks like the takers for some southerly moves

triple arrow EURO already in place.....

your money your call :smart:

N

oh well these are the breaks:cry:

Euro immediately broke upwards and the USD bounced south....there was a trickle of hope on GBP and Yen moves that followed form and GBP is now starting to seriously dive..........the TAG team are awaiting some US30 bias (see the S/R lines on chart below

GBP will be sure fun today...........make way for 500,000 new prospective seekers of wealth and fortune from trading and the easy money we make :whistling

later
N

Attachments

• dammit.jpg
    dammit.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 162
Hey Rravic :

I received the new indicator today and will test this week...........Jees thanks again man for this (y)

we may even let the masses see them one day :whistling

N

Hi NVP,

I'm enjoying your thread, and only had one comment so far. I'm on page 8, there have been a total of 64 posts so far, and only a few contributors. Maybe that changes over the course of the thread; afterall, I do see over 500 pages. Wow! But my question would be, why did you decide to put your info here rather on Forex Factory, where you would have had numerous contributors?[/QUOTE]

Hey D

I Grew up around the Gambling world and then experienced the Trading world from my first job and was hooked ever since !

but after an extended period out of the trading side in the early 2000's (I had family illness issues to manage alongside a stupidly busy Job) - I wanted to start my own discussion thread on correlation and Strengthmeters but was incredibly nervous of the population at FF

boy that was (Still is ?) a bear pit and It would have shredded any confidence I was trying to regain in this new approach for me

I decided on T2W as it has a more generic population and the moderators had been doing some great clear-up work re the post wars that come along every now and again......sure the subject matter was sitting in a larger pool of trading threads but it suited me and i'd rather get somewhere slowly than not get there at all :p

I'm gradually feeling more confident in what I am trying to achieve now and have added TSD-Forex and FF to the mix (See below)

http://www.forex-tsd.com/evaluate-commercial-ideas/25652-fxcorrelator.html

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=235449

N

Last edited:
hi all.popped in

so let me get this right

the us30 has been recently bullish

CHF is a buy
GBP and CAD are sells

Hello ...........Hello ...........earth to the G8 !!! :rolleyes:

Jees....crazy day
N

Attachments

• eeeehhhh.jpg
    eeeehhhh.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 134
seriously .if this US30 push up continues the Tag are gonna go triple arrow sell soon and Euro is poised to go triple arrow buy............

trouble is things have a habit of retracing after such a long journey back on the 4H corrie

(my favourite signals are the 15m and even the 1h re-aligning back to the 4h's Anchor signal instead of vice versa)

lets see what happens
N

OMG that pound looks a sick puppy............regardless of all else going on

selling GBP into CHF has been a dream trade this morning and came onstream at 9.45 on the Triple arrows..........but thats amongst everything else going on so i'm not saying it was one to chase blindly

N

That makes sense, thanks Neil. I've just gained so much (mainly from people pointing out holes in my systems) from FF and when I noticed hardly anybody responding on here I thought maybe you were missing something by not posting over on FF. Thanks again for your system here, I'm working through it slowly and enjoying both your discoveries and your lighthearted and humorous postings.

Hi NVP,

I'm enjoying your thread, and only had one comment so far. I'm on page 8, there have been a total of 64 posts so far, and only a few contributors. Maybe that changes over the course of the thread; afterall, I do see over 500 pages. Wow! But my question would be, why did you decide to put your info here rather on Forex Factory, where you would have had numerous contributors?[/QUOTE]

Hey D

I Grew up around the Gambling world and then experienced the Trading world from my first job and was hooked ever since !

but after an extended period out of the trading side in the early 2000's (I had family illness issues to manage alongside a stupidly busy Job) - I wanted to start my own discussion thread on correlation and Strengthmeters but was incredibly nervous of the population at FF

boy that was (Still is ?) a bear pit and It would have shredded any confidence I was trying to regain in this new approach for me

I decided on T2W as it has a more generic population and the moderators had been doing some great clear-up work re the post wars that come along every now and again......sure the subject matter was sitting in a larger pool of trading threads but it suited me and i'd rather get somewhere slowly than not get there at all :p

I'm gradually feeling more confident in what I am trying to achieve now and have added TSD-Forex and FF to the mix (See below)

http://www.forex-tsd.com/evaluate-commercial-ideas/25652-fxcorrelator.html

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=235449

N

seriously .if this US30 push up continues the Tag are gonna go triple arrow sell soon and Euro is poised to go triple arrow buy............

trouble is things have a habit of retracing after such a long journey back on the 4H corrie

(my favourite signals are the 15m and even the 1h re-aligning back to the 4h's Anchor signal instead of vice versa)

lets see what happens
N

Hi all

back again............hmm the Euro has really delivered off of that lovely US30 push up.... trouble is our 4h signal arrows are sluggish beasts and the only thing being offered (until very recently) was selling the CAD

thats the nature of MA based trading systems of course where trades are not entered until until the slowest (thats highest timeframe and/or highest ma) has caught up with the faster settings that will signal on the blink of an eye

sometimes its a good safety valve and other times its not and you miss the retrace pippage :whistling

Welcome to MA based Trading !! :smart:
N

PS - Nice speech George - the forex markets liked it ! (y)

Attachments

• eurocad.jpg
    eurocad.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
That makes sense, thanks Neil. I've just gained so much (mainly from people pointing out holes in my systems) from FF and when I noticed hardly anybody responding on here I thought maybe you were missing something by not posting over on FF. Thanks again for your system here, I'm working through it slowly and enjoying both your discoveries and your lighthearted and humorous postings.

thanks D

I must admit it was (and is) strange for me to be posting probably 85%+ of the posts here but thats just the way it goes.....I have regular correspondance with quite a few people off thread and all of these guys are very very integral to where I am now (they know who they are)

Also late in Oct 2009 a guy nicknamed JRPLimited stepped in (a veteran 30 year trader and entrepreneur ) and really took me under his wing privately (you will see from the caliber of his posts when he appears) but sadly he passed away from Cancer in the summer and I miss his advice, friendship and input a lot - we were planning some big things by combining his systems with the corrie as he had a serious full time trading house programmer in his team

I know theres big Threads out there with millions of Views ........but hey one view and post at a time

Umm - hopefully some of the humour is not all based on my calls :whistling
N

Last edited:
mornin all..........

boy am i late for a beakfast meeting............

the 2 words of the last fewhours are sell and NZD in either order :p

N

hi all

morning has had quite a lot of trading opportunities.......this was best through
the night.........EURGBP Buy (see attached)

at the moment if US30 keeps pumping upwards then selling Yen , USD and CHF into any triple
arrow buys looks a good call :smart:

NZD is still a triple sell wildcard so is bucking correlation principles at the moment.....if US30 folds it could be good to get on it again against the tag but clearly you would have to wait for the arrows to kick upwards again on those dudes (or not if you like to live dangerously :p)

later
N

Attachments

• eurgbp.jpg
    eurgbp.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 152