Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Re: Correlation Trading - CCFp_with_rules

Thanks for reply. Currently I'm working on my own indicator for MetaTrader 5 which has the same ideas but different algorithm. Source attached so anyone can try it.

Hi Graff,

Thanks so much for your CCFp indicator for MT5. Your efforts are really appreciated.

I'm just starting to learn to code MT5 and your indicator was a good MT5 code model to study and use to build a basic EA to practice with MT5.

After looking at the code, I am very impressed with a number of features you put in. In particular 2 things stand out.

1) You display the pairs and arrows in the sub-window as the MT4 version does...but you auto-sort the pairs . I first though I was seeing things...the pair names actually moved and shifted around... Then I realized they were updating and sorting themselves (I don't know if the MT4 versions sort or not). Interesting. Offers new possibilities.

2) Your rules that you included in the indicator. Fascinating! Your code for the rules look like quantum physics and super-string theory...lol! How did you come up with those rules with all those set currency values and ratios? And how is this algorithm different than other correlation algorithms?

When I first compiled the code, I did find a few compile warnings (no errors - just warnings on Lines 533,534 data type conversions), but so far your CCFp MT5 indicator works fine when placed on a MT5 chart. Great job and thanks again. Members here will appreciate your efforts with this indicator if/when they move to MT5, so they might want to bookmark your post.

Also thanks to NVP and others for sharing your insights on this Correlation Trading thread. Very interesting comments and strategies for using correlations. I'm still learning it like a new language...and still a bit overwhelmed with all the pretty squiggly lines and what they actually mean.

And I'm already in trouble hanging out here. My girlfriend got really jealous and mad at me when I told her I was going to start playing with the ComDolls...!

Good luck and good Forex skills to all,
Robert

Hi Graff,

Thanks so much for your CCFp indicator for MT5. Your efforts are really appreciated.

I'm just starting to learn to code MT5 and your indicator was a good MT5 code model to study and use to build a basic EA to practice with MT5.

After looking at the code, I am very impressed with a number of features you put in. In particular 2 things stand out.

1) You display the pairs and arrows in the sub-window as the MT4 version does...but you auto-sort the pairs . I first though I was seeing things...the pair names actually moved and shifted around... Then I realized they were updating and sorting themselves (I don't know if the MT4 versions sort or not). Interesting. Offers new possibilities.

2) Your rules that you included in the indicator. Fascinating! Your code for the rules look like quantum physics and super-string theory...lol! How did you come up with those rules with all those set currency values and ratios? And how is this algorithm different than other correlation algorithms?

When I first compiled the code, I did find a few compile warnings (no errors - just warnings on Lines 533,534 data type conversions), but so far your CCFp MT5 indicator works fine when placed on a MT5 chart. Great job and thanks again. Members here will appreciate your efforts with this indicator if/when they move to MT5, so they might want to bookmark your post.

Also thanks to NVP and others for sharing your insights on this Correlation Trading thread. Very interesting comments and strategies for using correlations. I'm still learning it like a new language...and still a bit overwhelmed with all the pretty squiggly lines and what they actually mean.

And I'm already in trouble hanging out here. My girlfriend got really jealous and mad at me when I told her I was going to start playing with the ComDolls...!
Robert

you can be locked up in some countres for playing with your commdolls :p

N

thats strange

ive posted on this thread before as its a top notch EA based system......:sneaky:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=4101043#post4101043

theres some intresting stuff recently suggesting timezones influence the bias of those "open"country currencies and I was going to ask for more proof / evidence

plus mention again the powerful effects of Equities on Currency bias / timezones and to perhaps drop that in the equation...........

then again perhaps I wont....:innocent:

N

Attachments

• denied.jpg
    denied.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 146
mornin all.............:sleep:

us30 losing ground overnight and usual correlation rules kick in.....

nice euro sells and gbp looking promising

later
N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 356
thanks Graff (y)

unfortunately my strength is not programming :eek:........so hopefully others more smart will find it useful here :p

N

Hi NVP. No need to program anything. Download the file, rename it to ccfp_w_rules.mq5 and add it to MT 5 like you add indicators in MT 4.

Attachments

• ccfp_screen.PNG
    ccfp_screen.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 418

Hi Graff,

Robert

Hi.

I generated this rules to check EURUSD signals only. This rules based on my indicator and can not be applied to to another indicators. I'm about to produce more advanced rules. Wait for new versions.

Hey Graff !!

My programming is on a par with the silverback Gorilla........:whistling.... but i do know where you are coming from my friend re this approach and I applaud it (y)

some of the work I want to develop with Rravic involves combining the basic Arrow approach for individual currency strengths with customised Strengthmeters for Currency pairs to find the exact best pair to trade at any time (and its not as obvious a choice as it sounds as just chose strongest vs weakest :sneaky:)

work in progress though.....Rravic hows the work going ? :)
N

after that lovely overnight euro sell the last few hours into and including london opening have been frustrating if you were trying to chase the traditional USD "X" pairs

its only the CAD that was offering a feeble Triple sell into the USD rises and thats looking shaky now as the us30 retraces aggressively

the poor GBP waded in flagging big sell arrows on the 1h andf the 15m - but the 4h (top) arrow did not arrive at the party until very recently and may have missed its chance if the tag team now start to signal buys :cry:

Hey - thems the breaks on this particular set-up....design your own system and please share with us here if you want to ...........

if you make bags of cash on a private set-up you can always send your old mate NVP a share of
the booty (I always liked you ;)).....

later
N

Attachments

• am action.jpg
    am action.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 138
boy the CAD is weak (its been below the 20ma 4h corrie since 14th october)

lets see if it infects the other commdolls now today

N

right ...buckle up

heres now I see it.........the US30 looks like falling again

theres my predictive plays below..but you will need triple arrows to confirm

if i were a betting man I would favour the Eurotribe......The gbp is already triple arrow weak again so trade it when it breaches recent support lines (see second corrie on a 500/1 setting)

good luck (y)
N

Attachments

• pm moves.jpg
    pm moves.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 141
  • support for gbp.jpg
    support for gbp.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
DAMN...........did you see that us30 bounce !!

step down (at the moment)

so heres the painful bit :p

as you can all see the us30 is climbing after the US opened on right side of the bed (y)

AUD slots right into the buy lane again............but what to sell ?

i'm gonna have to wait for my Tag team favourites.....unless you have the stomach for some AUDGBP action ?.....:eek:

N

Attachments

• pm action.jpg
    pm action.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 146
triple arrow still wont let me buy EURJPY.....:eek:.....although if you were just punting on a single corrie setting (14/3) say on the 15m TF it was game on from 10.30 today :cool:

N

Attachments

• not yet.jpg
    not yet.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 154
so heres the painful bit :p

as you can all see the us30 is climbing after the US opened on right side of the bed (y)

AUD slots right into the buy lane again............but what to sell ?

i'm gonna have to wait for my Tag team favourites.....unless you have the stomach for some AUDGBP action ?.....:eek:

N

dont even go there on what the spread would be on this combo....:innocent:

N

Attachments

• GBPAUD.JPG
    GBPAUD.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 107
joking aside...........when you get just 2 pure signals on this set-up (1 buy , 1 sell) its worth looking at..normally we have more to chose from and therefore further subjective decisions have to be made - unless you trade every combination being offered :smart:

N

joking aside...........when you get just 2 pure signals on this set-up (1 buy , 1 sell) its worth looking at..normally we have more to chose from and therefore further subjective decisions have to be made - unless you trade every combination being offered :smart:

N

i'm speechless......:p

go corrie go !!!!

until tomorrow
N

Attachments

• gbpaud amazing.jpg
    gbpaud amazing.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 136
mornin sportsfans..........:cool:

us30 falling a little overnight.....tag team piled upwards and some sells on the
Eurotribe (GBP and Euro)........Early days though so keep it tight :smart:

the NZD looks very strong and is (so far) undaunted by the tag rise.....CAD is looking teasingly pomisin as well just waiting for the 4h arrow to go north..... .keep them as wildcard buys if you want against anything as these 2 commdolls look strong.......

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hi all

as mentioned in last post GBP has been the superstar sell and is still going south.....do yuo see see the lovely Price action patterns (LH,LL) on that 500ma chart below ? (y)

as US30 turns northerly for a while looks like the Tag Team is changing tack to south finally..but it certainly looks to me like a reluctant fall..:sneaky:..and you are going to have a long wait to get those arrows all pointing south !

AUD and NZD look strong........CAD has fallen off the pace

CHF is flagging a triple arrow buy but as you know I struggle with this guys loyalties these days

reading between the lines looks like that GBPAUD sell was probably trade of the morning........again ! :whistling

more later
N

Attachments

• am action.jpg
    am action.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 125
  • bye bye gbp.jpg
    bye bye gbp.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi all

as US30 turns northerly for a while looks like the Tag Team is changing tack to south finally..but it certainly looks to me like a reluctant fall..:sneaky:..and you are going to have a long wait to get those arrows all pointing south !

more later
N

hmmmmm I though so........the tag was looking for any excuse to rise again and a fast crash of the us30 was the perfect excuse !

sure GBP is the obvious (continued) sell but Euro and AUD could be safer calls given the trek south GBP has had already today

later
N

Attachments

• all reverse .jpg
    all reverse .jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 147