Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

about to get stopped on trailing gu i think and already taken uj and ej as they were spikes

then gone for a while
cheers
N

when i do train scalpers the BEST BEST way to sharpen their skills is throw them in the 11am - 1300 session london

its generally a CR*P session ...........perfect for training that hard core execution of entry , look for 5 pips ...partial exit , move S/L etc etc ........

if they can keep losses to a minimum during that session they will truly make mega pips during the easier ones when the market is kinder

the way to become a good trader is to minimise your weaknesses ......which is not giving pips away on scratch trades ..........any donut can make money when the market is trending !!!

later
N

Attachments

• gu practice.JPG
    gu practice.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 61
jees i need to scoot .............but i REALLY fancy taking the GU buys from the 2608-12 levels

hmmmmmm

any novice/intermediate scalper would be eaten alive on GU at moment .........be patient

i havnt sold it ............i'll watch its behaviour arounf the 2600 first

i want to buy it still till then (yes buy)

of course to many other scalpers ive played GU all wrong in last 30 mins ............theres sells from 2615 levels to 2603 if you play the game

but my game is using strengthmeters and currency indexes ......so i see things different sometimes

being profitable in trading is simply about NOT LOSING

and that includes not trading at times until the odds are in yuor strategies favour .....simple

N

in truth i have played the market badly in last 90 mins

perhaps i shouldve been more bear on gu plays and certaily more Bull on EJ / UJ

but i felt they were all overcooked on london session and looking to retrace play them

but i am still making money slowly .........although ive missed 20-30 pips by not doing that above

never mind thats life

N

in truth i have played the market badly in last 90 mins

perhaps i shouldve been more bear on gu plays and certaily more Bull on EJ / UJ

but i felt they were all overcooked on london session and looking to retrace play them

but i am still making money slowly .........although ive missed 20-30 pips by not doing that above

never mind thats life

N

never beat yuorself up about being on the wrong strategy / gameplan .........as long as you have not lost much then no harm done .........trading (especially scalping) is about having a 3 second regret memory .....just move forward using the right strategy and dont worry about the past .....its history :)

N

ok back later for the us session hopefully ..........penty of pips today ....jsut frustrated i was on wrong gameplan last 90 mins as i didnt make anything like i could have done :(

GU nice last 10-15 mins anyway again for me

cheers
N

us session is scorching along

euro got early hits to -40's ......cad goe hard bull earlier to +40s
GBP pushing bull now

sa far the early plays were selling Euro in main pairs (E/G , EA , EJ) and dumping ucad as well

lots of retracing in g8 at moment so play the reversal or wait for recontinuation of early us trends

N

yen has taken hard hits in last 30 mins ......uj bull bettr and better

strategically from early asian

USD is still bull to + 80 pips now ......alongside the CHF
yen is getting killed .....nearly 100 pips down now on the day

N