Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Scalping is fast and furious ..................pick your pairs to watch and stay on 1000% focus

pick a trend / bias / direction .......not that hard ...right ?

then be ready to strike ........

this is why scalping takes experience and a lot of practice ...........you have to be able to do all this stuff in your sleep .........make it automated in your head gang .........

then you can focus on making the best scalp trades .......

not an overnight success or just a 10 minute training video and CD pack for $999.00 !!!

nope - sorry
N

im calling a few over at my new thread and I hope its useful to see what a scalper is doing ......

1) prioritise top 3-4 pairs to scalp
2) Scalp them

GU is a peach today .............moving well

Traders Holy grail ?

1) find an edge (allow 2-3 years min)
2) hone and learn it until you can do it in your sleep with no hands - 24/7 .....365
3) then just do it ........100% concentration and focus ......the more you trade the better you get

later
N

sorry - not getting back tonight to table...calls to U>S needed

cheers
N

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...nal-pathways-improvement-126.html#post2725424

remember scalping is about grabbing the early move to secure / lock your b/e on a scalp (partial % stakes) and then letting the rest run ..........

this is not the business to sit in the middle of the motorway and hope you stay safe ..............scalping is fast and you have to be attentive to the retraces that can happen in spilt seconds ..................

I rarely carry a % of scalp for more than 5 mins unless I got a hellover kicker in that 5 and can take my time ........

if the move is sub 10 pips the odds are i'm gonna get my remaining / running trade handed back on a plate to me with little profit ..........

many times I tighten right to the max and if the market keeps going I simply go back in and start again with a new trade

do not treat scalping like swing trading gang ............

this is the serious end of the game ........nothing like it ..........

ok I got my target eventually ...........but hard work ... a lot of 3-5 pippers that make you grind it out...........as I said to Sun on her thread

you have to be experienced enough to make do with low runs ...........you cannot bank on the 15+ runs ..........they may not appear in your trading window...........if they do great .........if they don't you cannot afford to be neutral or negative on the other trades ........it wont pay the bills

scalping needs you to be a machine - 100% precision in execution trade after trade

scalping I about practice practice pratice - years of scalping practice and thousands of hours at the screens .......that's what makes you a machine ..........and scalping needs you to be a machine

N

ok I got my target eventually ...........but hard work ... a lot of 3-5 pippers that make you grind it out...........as I said to Sun on her thread

you have to be experienced enough to make do with low runs ...........you cannot bank on the 15+ runs ..........they may not appear in your trading window...........if they do great .........if they don't you cannot afford to be neutral or negative on the other trades ........it wont pay the bills

scalping needs you to be a machine - 100% precision in execution trade after trade

scalping I about practice practice pratice - years of scalping practice and thousands of hours at the screens .......that's what makes you a machine ..........and scalping needs you to be a machine

N

Do you change your entry size on set ups you like more or how well you are trading?

Also do you scale out on some trades?

Or are you an all in and all out guy.

Cheers
OR

hey all .........slow start today after BH weekend

may get back to charts later
N

Do you change your entry size on set ups you like more or how well you are trading?

no - definitely not ..........liking a trade better than other ?........ive never understood that approach ........its a scalp or its not a scalp ....full stop ;)

Also do you scale out on some trades?.........yes most of the time .......will try to take 5 pips out of a trade and leave the rest riding .........I will start very disciplined in this .......6am onwards ....then let a higher % of trade run later in the session if I am ok and crusing around my targets .....and if the G8 market is trending well its a no brainer .........you have to maximise the good periods

Or are you an all in and all out guy..........

Cheers
OR

hey O........see above

N

ok ive mentioned 3 pairs in last 15 20 mins on my new scalping thread .........here they are in action

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/214462-fxcorrelator-forex-trading-view-22.html#post2726556

my mission is to get 3-4 pairs in the frame and a bias for each ............then I go for the big movers in the bunch

ok theres more to it than that when I bring out the index edge / patterns / correlation etc etc ....but is not rocket science in the end ...............:p

you cannot trade a pair that is not moving dudes or even if the G8 is sluggish ...........so wait for volatility points and then find the movers !!(y)

N

Attachments

• 3 pairs.JPG
    3 pairs.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 178
ok been doing ok this morning ........I cant seem to load Jpegs so no point in posting for a while

cheers
N

hey all

jees ive been cleaning out my FXCorrelator Gmail account ............I have realised ive missed a lot of emails from people asking me questions.........don't know how but I have

I am so sorry ........ I will go back and answer these over next 3 weeks

Cheers
N

the morning was ok today .......

I see that the GBP was the REAL BOOMER later on after I finished ....it hit the near 70s for bull pips off off the 6am start line .......all you have to do is hang a decent secondary currency off its tail........like the USD or even the Euro if the conditions are right

Sell wise the NZD was the Dog to lunch..........no idea why .........I don't trade the NZD much

N

hey gang -

sorry - been crazy busy at work and now time for a little sunshine - will log in from time to time for any messages

cheers

N