Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

very average for me today (see F's thread).........usd wont rock and roll for me ............and I am very focussed on usd pairs for scalping

such is life .................still up on $$ today ...........but I know theres tons more to come that I will miss

never mind
N

Attachments

• usd decision time.JPG
    usd decision time.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ranging.JPG
    ranging.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 122
  • uchf.JPG
    uchf.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 73
  • usd sell plays.JPG
    usd sell plays.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 85
hey all

well my early London was a dog session............looks like plenty of bull action though since

N

Attachments

• usd day.JPG
    usd day.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 72
hey gang .............

playing off the support levels for usd at moment ..........buys

N

Attachments

• usd buys.JPG
    usd buys.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 78
Asian session saw ........

weak yen .....gbp following way back
swissie , USd and NZD the buys

quite a lot of retracement into London.............we just need the G8 now to hopefully start bouncing back

N

ok gotta scoot sadly

I did pick up some pips from 6am as usd was bear ..........the last hour or so painful as I tried to engineer pips off buying usd ......:cry:

heres 3 pairs to consider if usd keeps coming north

BUT.............its slow progress and next big bar could easily dump it ..........this is minefirld stuff and really i would not be trading unless I had to :sneaky:

later
N

hey gang hope everyone is ok and had a good day

been tied up today in my consultancy gig ......so not coming to table now ............

that earlier session on F's thread was a bugger of a 90 mins for me earlier ...........that's only a 6 pip spread on those bar lines shown.........allows me to make scrap all as no pips on the usd side ..........greenback did get better into London session going bull ......but I was busy by then

have a good weekend ...........
N

Attachments

• window was average.JPG
    window was average.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 74
excellent pip action in the market today ........(y)

GBP , Euro and Yen all have clipped the 60 pip line on buys since Asian open
CAD, AUD and NZD have all gone sub -70 pips at times again since Asian
(usd has been a wet weekend compared to theses guys)

any combo on pairs above should have seen you ok today if you were being sensible (eg buying EA )

by London opens the most we had seen was around 20 pips bull bear from any G8...........the G8 really delivered further pippage in London (20 pip extentions) and then in US (20-30 pip extentions)

nice solid day ...well.........except my 90 mins !!!! :LOL:
N

I am trying to look at some of your charts, but the image quality is not good on mobile phone, will try laptop later on and see if they are better.

Can you give a quick summary of your strategy in relation to scalping eur.usd?

I have not looked at your trades yet, do you trade options on eur.usd?

Thx.

Lúidín

I do not want to sound rude, but it is ok, as I read the first few posts and looked at some charts, and this approach to trading is of no interest to me.

I wish you well with your trading.

Lúidín

I do not want to sound rude, but it is ok, as I read the first few posts and looked at some charts, and this approach to trading is of no interest to me.

I wish you well with your trading.

Lúidín

no worries L...........

most people cant understand pair dynamics - let alone try to understand individual currencies and their behaviours

its a shame as understanding the G8 dynamics is a real edge when trading forex ........(in my opinion) :smart:

N

quick round up on strategy re usd index

well the halcyon days in November are gone ...right ?

a good 150 pips now off the highs and December so far has been a real pig for the greenback

we can see it valiantly tryng to support now ............thats 2 bounces now .......

this week we WILL test that support level

don't look down greeny............:cry:

N

Attachments

• usd strategy.JPG
    usd strategy.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 89
mind you ...............the usd falls in December would be a dream result for the CAD

this dude has had a nightmare December so far ..........its lost 400 pips to USD and as stated the usd is falling as well

N

Attachments

• cad falls.JPG
    cad falls.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 83
euro is ruling the roost so far for December......hardly surprising when drago didn't turn on the printing presses to full speed in early December ..

Blue euro holding the line from that spike.........for now !!

N

Attachments

• euro rules.JPG
    euro rules.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 91
what does this mean for my scalping ?

absolutely nothing .....!!!

....I might have half an eye on December G8 performance..........but only if a BIG S/R level appears on the s/t horizon......... (like USD actually for tomorrow !!!)

otherwise I am very short term focused on my trading ...........I generally am trading from 6am-7.30am most mornings before work so the most I will consider is the Asian session action.....tops

most traders focus FAR to much on historic patterns that are dead and buried ............perhaps a key S/R level but the rest is noise............

only only focus on what is important in your trading ........the rest is noise and a waste of your focus and energy

N

morning all

wish i'd stayed in bed so far this morning ..............slooow on the usd ..........I need some action around those range boundaries to liven up the show ..........

may not get it before I finish this morning ............ZZZZZZZ

N

Attachments

• sloooooooooow openings.JPG
    sloooooooooow openings.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 84
aside from the flat USD the other Currencies have been a little more inpressive overnight :-

AUD has gained over 50 pips through Asian ........that's damn impressive , CADs now delivered over 30 pips as well..................2 buys to watch London session

Yen has dumped 50 pips overnight as the big bad bear ........Euro is next but half of that kinda power

so theses are the guys I am trying to play off of the usd flatliner...............for all you usd non believers the EA sell has been nice so far today

N

Attachments

• ea sells.JPG
    ea sells.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 91
I am not going to lie to you ..........trading is hard work and needs a lot of training , experience and practice to perfect your skills

wish I could soften it for all you newbees looking for fast bucks ....but why hide the truth ?

my edge is trading correlation patterns and currency indexes ..........taken time but now I get it .........(mostly)

you cannot make major money unless 2 currencies are negatively correlated ...they have to be moving in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS

this is happening all the time across all TF's ..............flow together , flow opposite , flow together , flow opposite

you just have to get in tune with the market .............and then strike

Scalping is the fastest TF so its probably the toughest to call.........but it provides the biggest bang for your buck because of the volume of trades you can make in a day ..........more good trades you make th faster you make money on a daily / weekly / monthly basis

later
n

Attachments

• market dynamics.JPG
    market dynamics.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 108
usd positioning into sells now ............

but i'll only believe it when that lower S gets breached / confirmed breached

later
N

Attachments

• usd positioning.JPG
    usd positioning.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 96
quick round up on strategy re usd index

well the halcyon days in November are gone ...right ?

a good 150 pips now off the highs and December so far has been a real pig for the greenback

we can see it valiantly tryng to support now ............thats 2 bounces now .......

this week we WILL test that support level

don't look down greeny............:cry:

N

hey all

FED delivers some welcome support to that price range shown in last post above

hate to think where it would be If they hadnt hit the button ;)

but nothing like I was factoring in ...........suspect the usd bull screw will tighten now as week progresses :smart:

interesting
N

Attachments

• fed support.JPG
    fed support.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 85
no time to call any but deff liking the usd bear now

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 96