Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

much busier schedule today....watch your backs

Attachments

• 23rd feb.jpg
    23rd feb.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 145
and as we watch yen and usd are getting a massive divorce......bugger !

wow !..........xmas came early.....hope your making money if you said screw it and went for it during he 15m bar ........classic corrie action now !!!!

rules.....what rules !!!! :rolleyes:

N

heres black swans take on the E vs U situation.......yield curves are naturally part of the equation reflecting longer term trading calls and this piece nicely reflect that

So where do I get my hands on this stuff to create a yield curve corrie ! :eek:

N

Attachments

• black swan 22nd update.pdf
    801.1 KB · Views: 309
thanks for the useful info.can i get some advice on online trading platforms?

hey mate

I would go to the specific areas in T2W and ask that question as yuo'll get plenty of advice ......be ready to stipulate what your exact requirements are as its horses for courses.........

I use ODL Securities (virtual account) to get my Metatrader platform/feeds and am currently setting up the lowest level account to stop the damn thing being turned off every month (fair enough !)......I dont trade for real money currently as to busy elsewhere so any virtual trades I make are on worldspreads.........

who will I use when I return to the fold ?.............god knows....i'll ask like you are going to !

we are watching the US at the moment re possible new regulations.....if it happens it may have Global repercussions re platforms / leverage and deposits required to trade so ask about that as well as may affect your future decisions

good luck and best wishes (y)
NVP

wow what a day so far............explosive action.....and the markets are correlating perfectly......you just have to follow the correlation rules we discuss and call the turns in the market correctly :smart:

the last turn was 8.55 ish as gold started to fall below recent HH's and all hell broke lose as tag fired upwards and eurozone went south...........

hmmm......the GBP is really being pounded today (sorry - bad bad pun :cry:)

N

Attachments

• explosive.jpg
    explosive.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 140
jesus............the Eurozone is not doing well is it ?

wheres the lifeboats.....

N

Attachments

• bye bye .jpg
    bye bye .jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 152
shaping up for more tag up and euro zone down....espec if gold drops below 1114

nikkei and dow30 futurtes are a screaming sell....golds not coming down yet though

Attachments

• sell sell sell.jpg
    sell sell sell.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 132
momentum slowing though..............1.36 on euro will be a challenge to get to before the next retrace back up i think....g/U got the 1.54 now.....

Hi N and whoever else,

Done and dusted early today for a change - here is this morning's bun fight....

GU; Waited for clear flag and entered short at 55414 on 08:40 bar, price retaced slightly for four bars (MAE 8 pips) before re-visiting entry point then momentum kicked in and price went on express train southwards without pausing. Hit a small and feeble pause around 09:35 bar but this was short (pardon the pun!) lived as price carried on down and encountered two more feeble pauses before finding some support on 10:30 bar. Trade closed out on 10:50 bar for 118 pip profit.

EU; Got suckered into long trade on 08:15 bar, price retraced down then flattened out and then 09:00 bar shot down and took out SL for 18 pip loss. Second trade, waited until good flag on 09:20 bar and entered short at next bar at 36534, price dropped further then went into small retrace to just above initial entry but reversed this with 09:55 bar drop and off it went southbound. Hit a very small stutter for two bars at 10:05 before carrying on downwards again and getting into a small bar sidewise range from 10:45 and I waited to see if 10:55 bar could break local low print and got lucky here as following bars picked up bit more steam to easily break this then found a bit of support from 11:20 bar and momentum seemed to dry up so I exited on close of 11:40 bar for 84 pip profit.

EG; Entered long on at 87902 on 08:10 bar and price pushed upwards for seven bars or so then dropped down on 09:00 bar, stalled for a bar then burst into life and shot up the hill in a forecful manner. TS taken out during 10:30 bar for 34 pip profit.

So a morning where definitely love the Dollar and hate the Euro / Pound prevailed, just what have we done this side of the pond to get the beating? Surely it cant be fiscal problems such as debt levels and the likes....!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• eg230210.gif
    eg230210.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 140
  • eu230210.gif
    eu230210.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 156
  • gu230210.gif
    gu230210.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 162
Hi N and whoever else,

Done and dusted early today for a change - here is this morning's bun fight....

GU; Waited for clear flag and entered short at 55414 on 08:40 bar for 118 pip profit.

EU; Got suckered into long trade on 08:15 bar, for 18 pip loss
Second trade, waited until good flag on 09:20 bar and entered short for 84 pip profit.

EG; Entered long on at 87902 on 08:10 bar for 34 pip profit.

So a morning where definitely love the Dollar and hate the Euro / Pound prevailed, just what have we done this side of the pond to get the beating? Surely it cant be fiscal problems such as debt levels and the likes....!

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

hey mate.......thats best ive seen since you started posting.....over 200 pips (y)

of course thats nothing compared to the 1000's of pips made today by all those heavily marketed systems out there ....:whistling......God help us..........todays gonna generate a lot of junk marketing push e-mails telling everyone how great their forex orgasmatron mark III is......:cry:

wheres that spam filter......
N

Hi N,

Unfortunately banned from quaffing the red nectar during weekdays unless Christmas or summer hols, so will have to make do with tea or orange squash - yuck! Roll on Friday....

Simon.

Hi N,

Unfortunately banned from quaffing the red nectar during weekdays unless Christmas or summer hols, so will have to make do with tea or orange squash - yuck! Roll on Friday....

Simon.

the sacrifices we have to make to be the best.....the ladies will ban our drugs next

N

sorry been stuffed all afternoon and still busy.............

hey wasnt the earlier pip fest enough for you all to call it a day and go offline ?........get a life everyone ! :D

JRP took the afternoon off and has just E-mailed me from his yacht.....how he got to bermuda that quickly I will never know.... :p

NVP

Ghostbuster music...

when the tag is up, Eurozone to..................who you gonna call ?

COMM DOLLARS !!

look at those trades this afternoon.......buy tag / sell commdol tribe (y)

brown CAD , light blue NZD , Orange AUD

when in doubt on trading the Eurozone against Tag, I would recommend having the Aussie D as a back up to trade.....its probably most stable of the 3 com dolls

N

Attachments

• com dols sels.jpg
    com dols sels.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 157
  • ghostb.jpg
    ghostb.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 132
mornin all.....:sleep:

quiet night.....not surprising after the riotous party yesterday.....

on balance the markets were upwards with tag falling and eurotwins neutral

watch the o/n , breaches + 7am 15m bar + Jrp's bank balance if he gets another day like yesterday :p

N

Attachments

• 24th feb.jpg
    24th feb.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 123