Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the usd has bottomed around 9.30 BST............i'm buying now slowly ......selling europeans
N

I suppose my greatest hope is here on the GU where I will try to work more sells through to lunch....

I figure we have seen the high for GBP and the Low for usd re London session

lets see
N

Attachments

• sells GU.JPG
    sells GU.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 127
I suppose my greatest hope is here on the GU where I will try to work more sells through to lunch....

I figure we have seen the high for GBP and the Low for usd re London session

lets see
N

not as successful as hoped so far ...GBP sells have appeared .....but usd has not really come north (yet) but other pairs have done ok

N

Attachments

• selling.JPG
    selling.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 137
likewise the euro is allowing sells ..............but I am not seeing the rises hoped for on the usd

yet..............;):cool:

N

Attachments

• euro sells.JPG
    euro sells.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 168
the battle continues into the us session...........I am still waiting for a decent usd bull run up...................its come toooo far on the sells

Europeans are selling as well so we still attack selling GU EU

there are better trades elsewhere but these are my core pairs

N

Attachments

• sell europeans and buy usd.JPG
    sell europeans and buy usd.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 224
I may have been a little stubborn trying to buy usd off the bounce today

heres a relative of mine with the same issue :LOL:

N

Attachments

• usd bear.JPG
    usd bear.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 142
  • stubborn.JPG
    stubborn.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 163
heres my 8 currency indexes (available in the links area below)

I cant work with this ...........can someone unglue the blue euro , red GBP and green USD please ?

what are you all .......lovers ?

they are moving together ............that means no divergence / no scalps to trade

N

Attachments

• bugger it.JPG
    bugger it.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 138
ok taking a break now .....

here been my strategy for today ................uber pips in first few hours then it went sloooow and pearshaped re any more serious pips ..........the USD/EUR/GBP correlations have been far too close and correlated more recently

later
N

Attachments

• strategy 101 today.JPG
    strategy 101 today.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 170
hey all

well its fair to say the usd bull I was hoping for got better and better yesterday (y)

ok lets see if/when that party ends

N

Attachments

• eu sells.JPG
    eu sells.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 119
  • the asian session.JPG
    the asian session.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 132
  • usd buys since us opening.JPG
    usd buys since us opening.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 146

the 15m shows the green USD turning over slowly ...........but the red gbp and blue euro are not buying it ....literally !

slim picking for me in truth as I don't like to stray away from Europeans in London session (n)

much better buying the yellow yen / oramge AUD / grey swissie into any sells the green usd has offered in last hour or so

N

Attachments

• usd london high.JPG
    usd london high.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 119
solid selling on usd now for an hour......stalling a little

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 149
I love Andy's approach to trading (captain currency) :-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/123288-3-ducks-trading-system-304.html#post2565472

I know that many traders tell you the devil is in the detail and simple analogies/systems are not enough to sustain long term profitability .........and this is correct in many ways ...................but from a contrarian point of view it is essential to clear away the details and noise to see what is REALLY happening at times ....otherwise you are paralysed with multiple conflicting signals

for me trading is about being able to assess multiple scenarios simultaneously ..........and then make the trades.........

1) anchor your longer term trading view on evidence and fact
2) anchor your short term (trigger) view on evidence and fact
3) pull the trigger based on these elements and your system rules

that's it

Cap uses 3 ducks (mas)...........he advocates trading when they line up ........basic momentum trading principles but they do work a lot of the time ..........look at june ...jesus mega pips selling usd against most other currencies ....(especially buying euro and GBP.........just dont buy the NZD !!!

N

Attachments

• 4hour duck on 60ma.JPG
    4hour duck on 60ma.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 136
  • buy eu early june.JPG
    buy eu early june.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 131
  • buy gu.JPG
    buy gu.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 132
heres that big 4hr 60ma duck back over last few months .........I am focusing on USD pairs here ..hence the Bold GREEN USD

look at the fantastic opportunities and signal that Caps big duck gave (using my Strengthmeter overview)

from mid april to mid may the usd was WEAK (below the zero line).........the Red GBP , Blue Euro and grey CHF ........HAMMERED the usd ..............all strong buys and some excellent pippage

then all change for mid may - early june ...........usd was strong strong strong (above the zero line) .............virtually everything was a sell at some point against the bull greenback...including a stunning sell on the GBP (as it reversed its april strength)

then into latest phase of USD weakness - as already mentioned

is this useful ?...........is this giving insight ?............yes..........and it shows how powerful caps system is

N

Attachments

• BIG DUCK VIEW.JPG
    BIG DUCK VIEW.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 119
my focus is scalping these days .......but such ideas as mentioned are still useful if you are looking at longer term trading

N