Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

5-7 pips have been on offer ...enough to tighten and lock and get b/e minimum..........then you can do your thang as F does so well letting a smaller % run ..........

will the usd stay bear ?

will cad and gbp stay bullish ?

who knows , who cares ..........once you've stowed everything away start looking for the next scalp ...............

over and out

N

Attachments

• lock and stow the move.JPG
    lock and stow the move.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 105
ironically I picked wrong so far on the move

the eu and uchf both offered more pips on the 13-14 mins the usd was bear

but I didn't lose did I ..........I just rode slower horses .....such is life .......

later

N

Attachments

• eu and uchf.JPG
    eu and uchf.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 122
later all ...........call to make ............happy trading to all

N

havnt had much time to play today sadly ...........jees the usd was sweet

here it is today ..............

morning bull (buy)
afternoon bear (Sell)

shimples !
N

Attachments

• shimples.JPG
    shimples.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 106
morning all

I am again tied up today supporting some commercial bid work for some old mates........

heres so far

the usd is in a BULL phase an for scalping purposes I would stick to that unles it falls dramatically out of that mode ..........

pick off the bull currencies to sell as the usd rises ..............non Europeans look ripe so far so a little more tricky

N

Attachments

• bull usd.JPG
    bull usd.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 101
ok as I leave heres the last 50 mins action .....from when usd peaked and then fell.......

the fxcorrelator (bottom chart) is on a 50ma so you see what currencies delivered

usd is lowest currency = biggest sell in 50 mins

GBP is the clear buy ..........see right chart for the great move

later
N

Attachments

• last 50 mins.JPG
    last 50 mins.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 121
ive made a few pips in this session but really missed the early usd sells and certainly missed the GU ............

such is life - my objective for many months now scalping has been to reduce my trades and minimise losing trades ..............I am much more conservative now than even 2 months back thanks to Forexperians help and advice - go back and take a look at what I was doing ...........I was making 200-300 trades a day with 70%+ win rates but that is still not good enough ...........i'm much better now with minimal trades and good win rates at 90%+

if you want to make money - the first rule is DONT LOSE MONEY

(they mean different things)

later
N

a

inbetween calls I managed to bag a little eu action .........

usd has for me been bull again since 8.30 ish ..........or even as early as 8am bar if you were anticipating a reversal

what do you think ?

N

Attachments

• usd turns north.JPG
    usd turns north.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 125
hey all

been half an eye on markets today whilst doing other things ..........now getting interested finally as the usd turns south and I have gone into Europeans

later
N

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 119
well well well .....the usd was a real pocket rocket today staying bull most of the time ..........................when I popped in (earlier posts)...... I was skirmishing usd sells for a handful on EU .................but the real play was buy buy buy

always go with the flow if you want an easier time ...........I'm not getting enough free time trading to really capitalise on profits at the moment ....making a few when I am able

such is life
N

Attachments

• usd bull all ay.JPG
    usd bull all ay.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 119
USD buys ARE hard work though ...usd struggling to gain now

ucad and eu best so far ..........but marginal pips to date

Attachments

• ucad the peach entry.JPG
    ucad the peach entry.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 117
I took a few and bailed on ucad ........back later .........i'm not missing much here and have a feeling we may see usd falling soon...........2 hours of bull now

later
N

as I leave

you can see below I am right to attack usd buys in last half hour or so ....................

BUT

a little help needed sometimes as you cant trade all the damn usd pairs at once !!!

I made money ........but could have made more

the main aim is NOT TO LOSE .....so 10/10 for session

later
N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 125