Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the gbp index is now deeper and deeper into yesterdays territory now............parties over

eurousd above 45ish...........depends if USD is taking a little break from rising

this is where my own personal trading analysis says I always give away most stupid pips .........I am watching a usd that's ranging 1-2 pips bull/bear..........I am trying to trade right on the pivot point.......too aggressive and unstable usually

will sit on hands at moment

N

usd is ranging still........I got out of jail free there ..............perhaps

the posts here are too slow ............stepping out to do some serious business scalping here

usd still bull and GU is the sell.........back later T2Win is too slow for posting

usd peaked 15mins ago............its falling a little now ...........GU has been a nice move up recently

nearly calling it a day as knackered and need to do some chores

talk over weekend
N

on a simple 15m TF FXCorrelator (available free below in links area) strengthmeter the day looked like this around a 20ma

greenback stayed pretty bull (above Zero).........

GBP had some deadly sells as the global markets unwound the scots vote.......:smart:.....I had to sit on my hands a lot to only chase GU sells ............as in fact if worked on retraces as well.........but the GBP was the volatile currency on the G8 today .....

CAD had its moments but again I was really nervous of selling USDCAD because of the general bull nature of USD .......nice volatility though on CAD did the job both ways on usd in the end.......

good day for all it seems :smart:
N

Attachments

• hindsight.JPG
    hindsight.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Sir Gissachance has highlighted to us all that the gbpjpy has certainly been a screaming buy last few days..........

congrats on that to him ...........but please note that pair is not for amateurs as the volatility demands wide stops............

big retrace in progress now I note all of today as people unwound the GBP

N

Attachments

• gbpjpy trade.JPG
    gbpjpy trade.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 103
took a final look at the markets .......couldn't resist !!!

usd index peaked just after 5pm GMT.........its slowly dripping south now ......dropped about 10 bear pips into the pairs its trading with ...

hard work seeing any currencies worth buying apart from knee jerks.........GBP rallying a little but no real steel in that trend yet .........

u/j sells if you pushed me ......but not now i'm done

Sloooooooooow.............

N

heres an interesting piece ........its dated april though so read what else I say here......

http://www.forexlive.com/blog/2014/04/22/currency-volatilty-at-lowest-since-2007/

without Volatility we cannot make money in the FX market ...or indeed in any market.....Monthly,weekly,daily or even minute by minute........Volatility is the oxygen of trading without which traders die...........

in fact the current value of that index is now around 8% and is bouncing north nicely .........so it is increasing it seems..........certainly on these higher TF's ..........encouraging news......

N

so ...how'd you do ?

N

Attachments

• percentage moves this week.JPG
    percentage moves this week.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 102
morning all

i'm selling usd at present on scalps ........its selling as well on 1hr chart here re default 20ma setting

N

Attachments

• new day.JPG
    new day.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 98