Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

AuD and NZD again are leading the moves down..deja vue on a sell call made by me earlier then ...........

USD slowly being dragged North.we need a little more confirmation that Dow is falling now

see the dow punch north again ?.........no way that last call now for a while

morning everyone

I am truly privileged to see so many followers / viewers now here at this thread.

we are on the way to 500,000 views and I cannot believe how popular this unique & different view of Trading the markets is now finally becoming ....

its about time though.....you really cannot trade markets without seeing the bigger picture

its like only being able to watch a soccer game on TV when the ball is only inside the centre circle !

anyway lets get on with it
N

ok heres the week - 4h and 1hr chart on standard default 20ma settings

what do you see ?

tell me ?

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 134
I See

A great week selling the Dow (over 200 points dumped so far)
A great week for generally buying Yen and USD (well up to wednesday)
The last couple of days see a fightback on the Dow (it came back 38% from recent high)

so what ?

well in truth it would be easy to call if the market had not ALREADY taken some money back on the Dow falls....but it has yesterday ......

so Traders are not going to run for the weekend retreats by closing out Dow Shorts UNLESS we see an attack on the red Dow lines shown in this chart below (13426 ish)

Then they will run for cover and we will have a Yen & USD Sell fest going on

AT THE MOMENT THEN

just play any bounces inside the Green bands shown on the Dow and if they breach go with the move

its neutral at the moment so wait it out a little

if you are scalping drop to 15m and 5m's and rules are just trade what you see !

and ......be careful out there !
N

Attachments

• watch the bands.jpg
    watch the bands.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 157
personally I would love to see the Dow futures start climbing as its an easy decision then to sell the yen and USD......but the markets are not ever predictable !

N

ok gotta dissapear for a while to take some calls.......I see the Euro is already signalling intentions to fly this morning

N

couldnt resist a little scalping there on E/U.........b/e comfortably in place and a little handful of pips to start the day .

hope you took it

really gotta go ..remember the larger gameplan as already discussed

N

can you explain a little more for everyone what you mean here ?
Pretty sure everyone knows what a Linear Regression Channel is and how to use it, for those who don’t; Google it. Or, if the mods haven’t deleted them all, search for one on the many posts containing reference to same.

As a personal snippet to how I utilize them for exits, I look for failure of momentum outside the upper/lower bands. Normally they are wonderfully accurate. Yesterday, after the exit was given across all JPY pairs almost all went on to grab another 20 or so pips. More often than not they don’t leave much on the table, but I’m always happy to get out clean even when they do.

Pretty sure everyone knows what a Linear Regression Channel is and how to use it, for those who don’t; Google it. Or, if the mods haven’t deleted them all, search for one on the many posts containing reference to same.

As a personal snippet to how I utilize them for exits, I look for failure of momentum outside the upper/lower bands. Normally they are wonderfully accurate. Yesterday, after the exit was given across all JPY pairs almost all went on to grab another 20 or so pips. More often than not they don’t leave much on the table, but I’m always happy to get out clean even when they do.

sure - thanks for that.... JPY pairs are certainly lively charts to follow ...no boredom there....;)

N

still ranging inside the bands I set earlier .......

however down on the 15m's this was a teaser as I brought in the Resistance level to match the timeframe......

see the bounce on the very recent previous high off the dow futures ?

euro looked overbought as well.......

N

Attachments

• bounce 1.jpg
    bounce 1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 100
didnt say I took it...........it was a little toooo risky for my taste

May have been tempted if YEN AND USD were looking OVERSOLD at that point .....but they were'nt - look at the bottom FXCorrealtor...they are pretty tight to the zero

N

looking back - I think this was my first post on T2W .......7 years ago

although I joined in 2004 so I must have been a real Lurker Lurker before that

God those were the days ........had some real heros here then

T2W mods should do a vintage version sometimes and show some of the the big threads of yesteryear..........it would have a lot of good stuff from legendary members of the time !

N
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/articles/15062-3-phases-trading-business-maturity-2.html#post194761