Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

travelling on business next 2 days...will pick up e-mails as and when

cheers
N

NVP,

how is your trading now as the dow is on a 5-day low? hedging against the yen worked?

NVP,

how is your trading now as the dow is on a 5-day low? hedging against the yen worked?

Hey R

Sorry I am not in the UK at the moment so cannot get to my charts and indicators.....back in UK tomorrow

As people know my strategies here are pretty simple in principle (on the surface)..........looking to trade yen and usd pairs in opposition to the Dow direction when conditions are right

Recently the correlation between Dow , USD and Yen has been out of whack due to the Economic performance of the US

thats not necessarily a bad thing.....and sometimes a distinct reversal** of correlation is as lucrative a trading opportunity as when the ole "Correlation Karma" is going smoothly ;)

talk soon
N

** remember there is a world of difference between negative , positive and low Correlation in markets

hey all

back in england today .....late flight back though ZZZZ :sleep:

Damn I missed a beeeutiful day yesterday

Dow went up (y)

Yen and usd went...down ! (y)

and some nice buys for the Aussie D and the Kiwi

more today please...but dont hold your breath ....theres a lot of Dow Longs on the table from even wednesday and they will be tightening stops now to pay for those expensive weekend treats ! :innocent:

N

the FXcorrelator below is on a 1000ma setting and available free on this thread (somewhere ??) and also at my Free site which is available at my Home page here at T2W or just press that coach/Trainer button just above the "Reply" button down on the left.....and you can see these strategies more in detail

Attachments

• 12th April nice action.jpg
    12th April nice action.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
hey all

yep as per my last post......those DOW Long positions were gonna get rolled as people bailed on the dow into the Weekend

so it has been easy money buying usd and Yen this afternoon (y)

Dow falls.......USD (Green line) and Yen (Yellow line) Rise ....

pick up the pips when offered ...its not always this easy ;)

MY VIP Crew Archive files will be available soon....you all know where to find me :smart:

N

Attachments

• 13th April 2012.jpg
    13th April 2012.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 155
What is Forex trading?

Good question.

Forex trading is giving money to those who deserve it, and receiving it from the hopeful and the thoughtless.

There is no compulsion to give it away, but many are just such hilarious givers.
Without statistical thinking, good preparatory work (both on yourself and on the market), discipline and a profitable strategie/s pulling trigger from the heap ensures excitement, even rather a lot of it at a maximum price relevant to the level of affordability of a given donor. Market's ingenuity and efficiency (in taking money from you) makes many lunatics to believe that they are doing the right thing while in reality they are living in a state of self imposed illusion. Be sure of one thing, market/s will take from you whatever you give away, big or small, market is not choosy in that matter, it is indeed surprisingly efficient.
Why I know its true? I have been there, even more I would say!!! If I am not on guard and alert, it comes so easy for me to revisit the state of illusion while being convinced that it is not so.

Your trading account will show you where you are at the moment, like the market the state of your account does not lie to you. If you are in profit work hard to retain it and make it even bigger, if you are down, there is some serious work to be done if you intend to be a trader. Very simple, isn't it.

Some say that trading is a hard work, it might be for some, but there is no physical hard work involved, unless one works hard to earn the capital with the intention to provide market's liquidity.
However one has to be "hard" and uncompromising in promoting a true view of reality and appreciate it. Thoughtlessness, recklessness and stupidity since times immemorial have always been married to poverty, I see no reason that suddenly trading forex should be any different.

My advise is to start thinking, yes simply start to think, and if one is too busy to think, just dig dipper to provide more profit/s to those who deserve it, and by the way, you are welcomed to experience the excitement, even lots of it, at a price many can just afford.

Thinking is to be crisp, clear, clean, statistical, hygienic. Give yourself time to think and study.
My other advise is not to enter any trade at market price, unless some good work is done and one comes to a learned patterns of behaviour regarding trading.

I like the markets and trading, it really is great, but do not think for a second that you can achieve profits without being professional at trading. Markets allow you to pick up rewards for the work you put into trading, and at that same time markets allows you to be a donor, at times even a hilarious one. Please do not confuse this hilarity with pleasure, as this act of self-imposed "contribution" is often painful, but hilarious it nevertheless is.

Have a great weekend everybody,
2be

Last edited:
hey all

i’m just going through my last 6 months history and activities now in preperation to launch a new venture at my Free Website

and its good to perform retrospectives in whatever you are doing....

Jees….I am remembering what I went though alongside Sylvie (My business Partner) and my own naive knowledge level of Strategies and ideas at that time

and now 6-7 months on I am staggered at the learning I (that we all) can achieve by pushing hard experimenting , meeting new people and always challenging what we are doing

it never stops gang…in whatever you do….from trading to running any business to learning a skill

THE MORE YOU LEARN…THE LESS YOU KNOW ;)

its true !
N

Good question.

Forex trading is giving money to those who deserve it, and taking it from the hopeful and the thoughtless....and stupid / unprepared/ tired/ Greedy/ emotional/ careless/ undisciplined...etc etc

Thinking is to be crisp, clear, clean, statistical, hygienic. Give yourself time to think and study....and always use bespoke tools to analyse what the market is REALLY doing (Like strengthmeters or others) ...1 pair chart is far too small a picture or image to understand all current market activity - Forex or otherwise !

My other advise is not to enter any trade at market price, unless some good work is done and one comes to a learned patterns of behaviour regarding trading.
Yep - at the very minimum...always try to enter at Wholesale prices instead of Retail prices for your Trades....easier said than done !

2be

Thanks 2be.....good responses to what I still think was a primed question here...;)

N

Thanks 2be.....good responses to what I still think was a primed question here...;)

N

Absolutely agree with you on the previous post.

I do like the correlation of different market instruments. I does allow to see how and where the capital is moving. Forex correlation is a great tool indeed.
Best wishes for your venture,
2be

Absolutely agree with you on the previous post.

I do like the correlation of different market instruments. I does allow to see how and where the capital is moving. Forex correlation is a great tool indeed.
Best wishes for your venture,
2be

thanks (y)

N

The land of ther Rising yen in April ?

the (Yellow) Yen is creaming all other currencies so far this month....hmmm :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• yen rules .jpg
    yen rules .jpg
    86 KB · Views: 166
heres my Free FXCorrelator indicator on a 1000ma setting on the 1 hour AND DAILY TF's....

the (yellow) yen looks unstoppable eh ? ;)

N

Attachments

• yen power.jpg
    yen power.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 171
  • yen dailys.jpg
    yen dailys.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 121
perhaps not .....;)

newbies never give themselves enough wriggle room in a trade .....heres a volatility example of why you need to do it :smart:

N

Attachments

• tough crowd.jpg
    tough crowd.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 136
.and this is why I rarely trade the Yen pairs .....at least on lower timeframes