Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

someone asked me how gold is doing .............

this is a Goldmeter with gold tracked as a currency relative to all the other G8

(this is on a 500ma setting like the last chart - just a 4h setting instead)

C'mon - we all know how its gonna be doing in this climate :smart:

but again buying the swissie has been just as profitable (see the graph ?)

....So tell that to all the goldnuts that will drone on about their "safe" investment to you over the weekend dinner parties :whistling

Better still - tell them you have recently shorted the AUD against the Swissie and they will really shut up !!
(or shorting CAD which is not shown here)

N

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
jees what a morning :eek:

plenty of signals from the 5 min 80/20 as we are now flattish on the dow

dissapointing opportunities though as I see CAD,AUD and NZD still all very volatile and stealing the pips from any big potential Euro or GBP moves (which is really the currency pairs I focus on during the London morning session)

still plenty about though if you looked... or even went to 1 minute screens using the same 80/20formula........but thats very fast scalping - taking 3-5 target pips generally when on offer :smart:

I think its NFP's today as well.....Jees !!!

N

Attachments

• morning action .jpg
    morning action .jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 146
messy and very very volatile at the moment ................

is it just me or are the 3 commdoll currencies (CAD,NZD,AUD) attached at the hip so far today ??!!

N

and the NFP's were better than estimated...with a resultant 200 point bounce on the dow

go figure !

N

unbelievable........if dow starts responding again - all I see is trades buying the AUD,CAD and the NZD.......

where are my Europeans !!!

N

interesting afternoon session so far.......

time for me to scoot as the USd/Yen team get into a bullish move on the 80/20's

good luck to you all for the remaining trading week ;)

guess we all need a break after whats happened ! (y)

N

Attachments

• us opening session.jpg
    us opening session.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 126
dow came back in the final session.......hope you all had a good week ;)

N

Attachments

• final session.jpg
    final session.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 119
so the S&P have downgraded the US debt rating

well boo hoo ..............jees the arrogance of the US never fails to amaze me......and they wonder why they are slow to understand and react to whats going on in the worlds markets

N

so the S&P have downgraded the US debt rating

well boo hoo ..............jees the arrogance of the US never fails to amaze me......and they wonder why they are slow to understand and react to whats going on in the worlds markets

N

wowwwww 100% rigth now we have too get ready for a tougth ride ??????????????

crazy crazy week

re-live it here on the video and some nice 80/20 trades on the 1H setting

N

Thanks for the pdf & new vid.

~WW

No problemo.....I am hoping the new website will be up soon and I will be finally offering a 10+ video set and e-book on how to really work this robust little 80/20 system

thats if my team can ever persuade me from playing with everything else thats going on ....:p

N

hey all

nice volatility already.......;)

Eurozone threw money on the fire with some Bond activity supporting Italy.....that will be swallowed and spat out by the market very quickly.....

silly statements from the ECB saying they will do "whatever it takes to control the markets" is like me saying I will stop the sun rising tomorrow.....it aint gonna happen fellas.....so trading friends let them fire the bullets then step back in as it rebounds ;)

YOU CANNOT BEAT THE MARKET

Attachments

• opening session.jpg
    opening session.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 117
NVP,

did anything come of that chat here about weighting the corrie? I'm curious, it makes sense, sort of. Have you been there and done that though?

NVP,

did anything come of that chat here about weighting the corrie? I'm curious, it makes sense, sort of. Have you been there and done that though?

hey all

GG53 is a very interesting and experienced trader....and we are doing a little work together progressing this area and some other shared ideas if this pans out ok

there are potential systems here......but the core FXcorrelator will always be my main platform as it is by its nature pure in what you are seeing re relative currency prices (and therefore how you interpret/exploit them for profitable trades)

I have experimented with varying the individual Ma of each currency which is actually different to changing the weighting as we are discussing here......and it has its pluses and minuses

the FXcorrelator (especially on a high ma like 500+) gives me Helicopter view of where the currencies are moving and therefore where to look for opportunities

Trading is about simplicity and tweaking the settings can involve making things a little to complex for my palate....but in the right place and right time creating bespoke trading alerts has got its place

wil let everyone know if anything interesting falls out....

N

Last edited:
work is crazy today so no chance to do anything........

shame as the 80/20 had some decent signals :smart:

N

Attachments

• action so far today.jpg
    action so far today.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 183
Doh - !! work work work.............

no rest for the wicked and i'm missing all the trading fun going on

never mind - till tomorrow

N