Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Just discovered that FXCM do a CFD called US30 which I believe is a Dow proxy and they also do spot gold and spot oil CFDs.

Simultaneously discovered that even though I subscribe to FXCM data through DTN Telvent, I can't get the CFD data! Rats.

@Maggieo - I'm using Ninjatrader, which is what limits my options. So I am still searching for a 24-hour Dow proxy (that's not a future, either, since I don't want to start adding the complexity of futures contracts into my mechanical systems).

Hi,
I have FXDD which doesn't provide the DOW. I have been tediously researching the web for MT4 platforms and most of them are in the UK, and they don't like US citizens. Just kidding. Legally, they can't accept U.S. citizens. But they are the good ones that provide the DOW.

I also have FXCM but it had a Trader II platform until recently. They knew I hated the Trader II platform, but I didn't take my funds from there and every now and then I would play with it.

They emailed me about now having the MT4 platform and they also called me. However, you have to deposit $2,000 to get started. I don't know that I'm willing to do that at this point. But meanwhile, I've downloaded their demo and it's great. It has everything you need.

What you can do is like what I did. Download the demo and use their DOW and keep it alongside your regular Corrie charts.

Actually, what I did is even better than that. I uploaded all the Corrie templates into the demo to see what it would look like and it's perfect. So now what I do is what the FXCM demo and when everything is write, I switch over to my FXDD and make the trade. It works for now until I decide whether to swing the money or not.

I just hope they don't pull the demo from me.

There is another one here called Smart Market Live that's good. However, I've been researching them and running into some bad comments about them, about lag in orders and such. So I'm keeping them on the back burner. But again, it takes $2000.

I'll keep looking, it's a pain in the butt, but I sure would like to pin one down for the U.S. folks in here. If anyone hears of one, please let me know. I don't just take your word for it, I research it and make sure there are no complaints on it.

Hi,

Actually, what I did is even better than that. I uploaded all the Corrie templates into the demo to see what it would look like and it's perfect. So now what I do is what the FXCM demo and when everything is write, I switch over to my FXDD and make the trade. It works for now until I decide whether to swing the money or not.

I just hope they don't pull the demo from me.

I started out by having the UK FXCM platform in Demo mode to get all my charts up and actually re-applied every month for many months

I then got a live account for a few hundred bucks in an account and luckily we have Dow on it as well

contact them and ask to keep the Demo permanently (?)

N

I started out by having the UK FXCM platform in Demo mode to get all my charts up and actually re-applied every month for many months

I then got a live account for a few hundred bucks in an account and luckily we have Dow on it as well

contact them and ask to keep the Demo permanently (?)

N

Hey N,
That's a good idea! Since I already have an account with them, they probably would let me keep it. We'll see. Still in the long run, it would be easier for me to have everything in one place. sigh......decisions decisions......

nice moves today ............(y)

n

Attachments

• great trading today .jpg
    great trading today .jpg
    82 KB · Views: 121
After 2 days of lovely correlation the currencies got more scrappy overnight and strict signals got very very thin on the ground (hey you cant win a coconut every throw:p)

yen is strong......and thats off of Dow rises

if the Dow futures falls today we could see some real Bull moves on the Yen :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 105
see how the 5 minutes in the last 2 days have been good but below you will see the 1 hours are horrendous so far re correlation rules :eek:

using the FXcorrelator and correlation rules the markets do give clues as when to be doing what - but it would take forever here to outline the advanced principles using examples and videos etc etc

....and I do provide some very high level FREE rules here as you all know that are pretty robust
(80/20 etc etc) so if they are not showing alignment - DONT TRADE !

I will discuss all of this in the forthcoming site I am developing ......Its coming but slow slow progress with other committments I have....so be patient :smart:

N

Attachments

• the 1 hours.jpg
    the 1 hours.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 110
if your appetite for risk was aggressive you would be buying YEN and USD now :smart:

N

Attachments

• 5 min aggressive trade.jpg
    5 min aggressive trade.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 114
still coming ....always takes a while :rolleyes:

and notice the dow is now below the 80 and 20 sma's ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• tag buys.jpg
    tag buys.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 103
nice (y)

yen is the prime mover so those pairs will yield better results...I tend to use the USD unless I see a decent EUR/YEN trade opportunity (like below) as I like that pair a lot

N

Attachments

• nice entry .jpg
    nice entry .jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 115
I can call the yen/usd direction easily 80% of the time...but those other Dudes ..............Jees ! :innocent:

20+ pips on A/U sells (See atachment)

N

Attachments

• post mortem.jpg
    post mortem.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 107
this move is getting better and better this morning so hang in there

Hello guys,
Just want to share one setup i took acording my style but i just see that Coleration confir that.Good rejection from chanel and we have space for down 150-250 pips...:smart:

Cheers
Petar

Attachments

• coler.gif
    coler.gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 136
Hello guys,
Just want to share one setup i took acording my style but i just see that Coleration confir that.Good rejection from chanel and we have space for down 150-250 pips...:smart:

Cheers
Petar

never bet against petar everyone.............Gbp is toast it seems :whistling

n

has Yen broken free of that 1hr channel ?

and ive thrown petars call on the chart as well

this is my 500ma setting - petar uses the 20ma on a 1 hr FXcorrelator

N

Attachments

• yen.jpg
    yen.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 134
heres lunchtime review

Jees between me being keen on buying the YEN&USD all morning and the Petar calling that GBP continued sell (See earlier posts)

Is this information all ok here for absolutely FREE ? (we spoil you guys :p)

FXcorrelator Rules :smart:

N

Attachments

• lunchtime review.jpg
    lunchtime review.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 126
going home Gang ...............until tomorrow get some pips for me

N