Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

See what I mean:(

So in order to get the Dow does one have to open a demo futures account?

hi M

go to the website that Jason suggests for them and check it out - I think the answer is yes

N

overnights.......

hey all this is my core and freely offered system that I discuss here to get people into the idea of how strengthmeters can be integrated into your trading armoury....or even become its core strategy.....

please feel free to ask questions here and I am happy to try to help......this is the tip of the iceberg and I will be publishing something in the near future that expands on the ideas on this thread

this is not just a shiny indicator thread .........its a whole new way of looking at trading and currencies :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 171
Do you sometimes wish you never got out of bed........euro does :p

N

Attachments

• euro pain.jpg
    euro pain.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 178
careful Monsieur Euro...........theres no safety net underneath you my friend :eek:

N

Attachments

• 5 min 500ma.jpg
    5 min 500ma.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,315
STOP PRESS

Euro fightback....shame usd was slow to get below that 80ma :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• usd is sluggish .jpg
    usd is sluggish .jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 127
why am I -1 gmt here with my postings ?

am I in a time warp ?

beam me up scotty
N

N,
I am doing some research about the DOW here in the U.S. I've pulled out the big guns and went direct to Dow Jones and posed my questions to them. Let's see what they have to say. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

N,
I am doing some research about the DOW here in the U.S. I've pulled out the big guns and went direct to Dow Jones and posed my questions to them. Let's see what they have to say. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

ask them which way it is going tomorrow as well :p

N

heres the pm action...........not bad if you were patient :smart:

signal 5 was a strong push north from the Tag team off a dow that was still in bull mode (so correlation out of whack)....as you are seeing now if dow now falls the tag must go further north as they are strong already.....possibly !!!

N

Attachments

• 5 min action this afternoon .jpg
    5 min action this afternoon .jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
mornin......Jees this is getting predictably iboring

the sky is blue
eggs are eggs
dow down=tag team up

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 117
Last night Sir Alan Sugars Apprentice series hit the UK tv screens again (y)

steroid fueled candidates strutted their stuff for yet another round of challenges and the rough and tumble of boardroom clashes

The victim last night was a poor young deluded guy who was an Accountant by profession but felt he was a wheeler dealer as well.....

As a qualifed accountant (25+ years now) who managed to make the transition into more consultative and commercial roles I sat and watched mesmerised (actually horrified :whistling) as we watched a Sheep trying to be a Wolf

The Guy hasnt got it in him bless him.....he cannot be what he is not and needs to consider returning to the skillsets that he is ultimately more comfortable with and what will pay him a decent wage over the years

The same in Trading....You have to find that niche that works for you as quickly as possible before the energy and of course money runs out

and if you are not a Trader at all get out and move on ....no shame in that

(Jees If I had a $ for every auditor who has told me how they would run my Company / Division / Dept etc...... I would be rich ;))

NVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ8BsCBmh4w&feature=related

Last edited:
heres a 1 hour analysis

its always the Standard Trading practice / recomendation to trade following the trends and price action signals of a higher TF's and MA's

so in theory if we get sell tag signals on the 5min or 15min presently - thats being supported by the 1 hour as it has for a while now

your money your choice :smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hour analysis.jpg
    1 hour analysis.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 145
and heres the latest 5mins.......

You just have to decide what you are looking for from the huge FXcorrelator signal menu and stick with it

hey - dont ask me .....i'm learning the ropes as well !! (well I may have some ideas) ;)

N

Attachments

• decisions decisions .jpg
    decisions decisions .jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
please someone tell me they bagged the GBP rise......it was a peach and already signalling on my last post here !

real shame I cannot trust my platforms to trade Live remotely

one day I will stop being an accountant and be a wheeler dealer......sir Alan ? :p

N

numbers slowly lining up for another G/U buy punch......

but clearly the GBP has had a huge run on the 5 mins so overbought is a major question mark

N

Attachments

• 5 mins .jpg
    5 mins .jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
naturally I need it be above (and hold) 1.6500 befroe we take any further action

the usd on the 80/20 5 min settings just wont get south.........GBP has kept going north but I am not convinced here of much progress on the 1.65 level presently

n

jees yesterday afternoon was reeeeeall good ! (y)

N

Attachments

• dow freefall.jpg
    dow freefall.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 98