Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

painful painful painful...............perhaps the gbp had come to far ......come out its breaking up

jees .............when will i ever trust my own ability and indicators..trade back on and rising

N

painful painful trade...............the usd is very weak and is not bending to the recent fall of the dow thankfully .........GBP is a rock and the only buy in town on the 5mins

if the Dow rises we may squeeze some more pips out of th G/U but the GBP has coem a long way now .....

N

buy E/U ....gut trade but usd is a faller and Euro is on the bounce

this is Craaaazy ................the dow is falling , yen is rising but USD holds south.........c'mon gimme a break with the dow...if it now retraces north the usd will fall further

N

hey all

a real thin and tough week on the triple arrow corrie

heres the charts for my 2 top arrow lines that call the main shots..........I have a 1h chart with a 80ma (top) and a 20ma (bottom).......the 80ma is standing in for the 4h 20ma as they are similar in performance

monday (left hand side) offered some frugal sells on tag (you can see the potental buys above the green arrows)...........and then the rest of the week was buy tag (when the boys were both above the zero) mainly scraping trades selling the Euro and the Aussie D when they popped up

Remember the triple arrow corrie is just one of a zillion ma combinations you could use and it incorporates a 4h tf signal that does slow the show down

why was it so tough ?...........well one big reason for this pipfast was that one of my rules of corrie combat (see post #5082) is to tryt get the Dow30 moving opposite to the tag for some real bumber pip hauls.............and if you look at the right hand chart (dow30) only on monday was the dow opposing the tag to get some pips in the bank............later on in the week the dow pumped north and that made the pickings painfully lean with usd staying very strong (dammit)

look at wednesday....if the usd had followed yen south we would have MURDERED the market buying the commodity currencies (well you would have if you had sold yen)

such is life..........the art of profitable trading is spending 95% of the time out of the market....so we did !

have a good weekend
N

Attachments

• trading week.jpg
    trading week.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
heres how you trade 5min charts ...............fast and furious (y)

Last edited:
this is good stuff........

http://www.screencast.com/users/bsw...ly/media/66527647-e84a-434c-b79a-66b9869c9c6f

the boys lurve USD :love:...........also note the comments regarding friday and how tough a market it was

remember in my earlier video I commented how the triple arrow corrie called nothing later in the day ............it was proecting you and me from giving money back (y)

this week lets see if the USD holds firm.....if so the tag team will only be activating signals on a falling dow signal as the yen pops up alongside the usd......

I also agree that some USDJPY buys could look very nice this week - watch out when the dow rises and the usd stays sluggish whilst the yens probably nosedives (remember this happened a few times in the week just gone)

we dont trade the USD against the yen here as we use them to work together as a tag team........but nothing is sacred in the persuit of profits - remember that

N

mornin al........................:sleep:

well the tag looked promsing as a buy recentlly.....lets see if it holds

with the london session arriving perhaps euro or GBP will replace the aussie D as the fall guy ...........hmmmmmmmm

N

Attachments

• tag rise time.jpg
    tag rise time.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 134
nope......its aussie D with Euro now knocking at the door for a sell move on the triple arrow corrie

herethat new scaper screaming the trades as well....

aussie d sel was in years ago now (y)

N

Attachments

• new scalper .jpg
    new scalper .jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 122
damn gotta go to wok........

great morning so far and good corelations ....(y)(y)

N

yep.......been a nice morning so far (y)

N

Attachments

• AUDUSD SELL DELIVERS.jpg
    AUDUSD SELL DELIVERS.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 140
and a screamer on the scalper setting earlier..............(y)

dow was long gone south screaming to buy tag .......the GBP was already a sell but we needed the tag to pop up again on the 20ma as a final nod.....you could have also used the breach on the pairchart as entry point to double confirm

note that AUD and CAD were also sell options....I'm not a big fan of CAD and - well ive already discussed the AUD sell already

when we are in UK trading hours I am really looking at the Euro , GBP and CHF to be the majorly active trades for scalps - the commdolls s/be more sluggish as its sleepytime for the countries involved

ok work calls..........later :eek:

N

Attachments

• scalper.jpg
    scalper.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 141
Euro is unstoppable this morning....shame that is been moving up with the tag team