Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

heres the 4h scalper

not bad at all ...........

N

All this is available below to newbies in the signature area links....

Attachments

• 4h signals.jpg
    4h signals.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 172
mornin all......

quiet overnight with us markets stil closed and a tight rangeo the us30 ...........will warm up after lunchtime (unlike the uk)

Euro's woes continued

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 119
Hi all

I have been in meetings but hope you all saw the big move as dow fell a little (finally) out of the tight range.....

AUD and EURO were already south and picked up pips, NZD and CAD both retraced from northerly treks..........only GBP has missed the main fun deciding to go north with the TAGCHF

N

Attachments

• range breach.jpg
    range breach.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 153
hmmm....is this going to be a complete diaster day for the US Equities ?

N

ok its that time again........

buckle up ......if dow30 now collapses below the new recent range I like sell G/U

AUD and Euro are to obvious as continued sells :smart:

go in below the 1.53 though and dont chase it yet :p

N

Attachments

• game on.jpg
    game on.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 110
hmmm..same scenario as above re dow 30 now falling .........and I might like U/CAD above 1.043 ish.....

N

Last edited:
and if it rises like the phoenix......the only currency looking healthy enough to buy is NZD into the TAG........

Cad is next in line as its pivoting either way , then its GBP/Euro and AUD which all have to be dramatic retraces - and I cannot call them till I see them together with a little price action confirmation

all being called off of mainly 15m TF's if anyone is interested :smart:

N

USd is retracing down off of minimal action from dow30....Yen and CHF holding the line up

AUD is possibly the only sign of life willing to rise into the USD.....but its still all to early to call...I need a decent push/Breach on the US30

Hi all

just dipped in again for a peek :smart:

hmm dow30 faked up then fell nicely...........what did I say earlier ?

hmm - sorry about that G/U sell- it just wont get serious yet below the 1.53 will it ? :sneaky:

U/Cad.....nice cruise into the 1.043 buy , we just need it to pick up speed now - fingers crossed (y)

damn Euro still the sell it would seem and I thought it was oversold so didnt call it ....:(

N

Last edited:
be patient on the G/U ....the GBP will buckle if euro keeps falling....it will not let euro get to far away on this play

N

Last edited:
morning all...........

dow30 fall has contined

TAGCHF have generally risen in response (no surprises there) - although usd has been miserly compared to its mates

then its down to what currencies really fell and therefore deliverng tradable pips

.......which has been the Commdolls into yesterday afternoon and overnight (Euro finally stalled yesterday evening) , GBP has been as aggressive upwards as the Yen

so where did that leave my calls ?

well I called a G/U sell (anicipating gbp would finally collapse into the Euro falls) and it simply did not ! it got t o1.5295 but then turned upwards and has never looked back (damn I should have takn the extended Euro sell play:sneaky:)

re the commdoll stable - I took Cad based on reason given yesterday buying above 1.043 and since commdols have fallen generally its been ok so far....with about 30pips on the board

yen is naturally a purer risk play aganst the eurotribe and commdoll tribes but it can be much more unforgiving than using the usd

with us30 very much below the 15m 200 sma the situation will contine until a retrace blows........all I say s that the GBP and gradually now the Euro look unnaturally strong in this environment :smart:

Good tradng
NVP

Attachments

• overnigts.jpg
    overnigts.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 146
  • usdcad.jpg
    usdcad.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 123
jees.........my inbox received

Jason Fielder
Trendsignal
accustrength

e-mail pushes yesterday..............must be that time of the month ! :p

N

if dow30 now momentum now continues down then CAD, Euro and then NZD are the dudes to be selling .........the usd crosses is just making progress tooo painful by USD falling to fast at present on Dow30 retrace up phase

GBP and AUD buys looks sexy into USD but beware of the trap and keep S/L's tight to protect your wins

N

popped back in..........

I see that dow30 resumed down and lovely sell pips on the 3 dudes mentioned above into the USD rise (y)

today is flowing much better now we have the US markets out of holiday mode (y)

the GBP as a sell retrace into USd is looking very enticing.......:sneaky:

N

Dows recent retrace back up (on the 15m TF) again has slowed the progress of my Euro , CAD and NSD sells into USD

c'mon US Equties , as you open shortly - sort yourselves out and fall again dammit :mad:

contarianwise - AUD and GBP have made their northerly intentions very clear - so if this scenario turns and the dow30 rockets upwards now it will leave the TAGCHF no choice but to bail south :smart:

N

Well the afternoon session yesterday was bullish and the tagCHF fell some......GBP, CAD and Euro filled their boots initially but since then personally I see the Yen and CHF looking bullish against a flat/falling Dow30

you know the drill now ........just look for the most promising curencies to trade against the tagchf based on dow30's direction

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
mornin all

at last somethig half decent arrives in my in box......the boys stopped mailing me ( I wont pay a subscription for this basic stuff) but clearly their customer base also decided the same so they have re-continued this newsletter

Gold vs us dollar index is the oldest correlation trade in the book and I have discussed it occasionaly here on the thead......(back in about 1933 it feels like ;))

I do have indicators that follow Gold verses the whole basket of G8 currencies somewhere - in fact I simply made Gold the G9 currency on the corrie

its useful to use to compare where gold is and I would suspect it is top of the pile at this moment .....vs us dollar and everythg else for that matter

will dig out the chart if anyone wants to see it

meanwhile the boys are taking sence as usual ..........but always watch the yen and CHF trades as those countries have intervened in the past to stop the fun......although now at a recently estimated 4 Trillion $ a day now being traded in the forex markets even they are feebling waving their appenages in the wind these days with this volume to defeat

N

Attachments

• safe haven call.pdf
    491.7 KB · Views: 460
Dows recent retrace back up (on the 15m TF) again has slowed the progress of my Euro , CAD and NSD sells into USD

c'mon US Equties , as you open shortly - sort yourselves out and fall again dammit :mad:

contarianwise - AUD and GBP have made their northerly intentions very clear - so if this scenario turns and the dow30 rockets upwards now it will leave the TAGCHF no choice but to bail south :smart:

N

well indeed the dow30 market did turn north with inevitable consequences

wow - apologies for absence of posts (i didnt even finish that one above ??)

work is getting worse and worse re hours....

jees I wish the job market was a little looser as I would start to look elsewhere....50+ senior accountants are 2 a penny though at the moment as most are redundant :p

domani
N