Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

anyone got a cheap ($997) Delphi scalping tool out there to share with us ?.....I wanna go one to one with it re my Free CORRIE SCALPER already shown on this site :rambo:

ingredients

load up 2 X FXCorrelator (400 downloaded now) on the 20ma delta 1 setting on a 1min and 5min timeframe

when the tag team are both above or below the zero line on both charts trade any currency that is in the opposite side of zero on both charts as well ....see below at 8.25am for an E/U scalp that went to 50+ pips (and is still going)

oh yeah and remember folks when tag falls on both charts BUY U/J ! ...and vice versa :smart:

c'mon jason ...show us what you got in the tank for your customers:p

cheers
N

Attachments

• EUROSCALP.jpg
    EUROSCALP.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 636
  • double trade .jpg
    double trade .jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
thanks for all the pm's on asking about my more commercial stuff coming .....(I promise!)

its got more details on all these goodies above (which are free of course)with loads of extra waffle from me on everything relevent we have touched on here in the last 3,000 posts :eek: that i do not get time to summarise or discuss here

and then of course I also introduce the new breed of corrie hybrids/indicators/Ideas that so far I am very very pleased with :smart:

available before the end of may as I have promised :rolleyes:
N

Anyone trading yesterday evening? I happened to turn over to CNBC just as the Dow plummetted 900 points for no apparent reason. The "experts" were blaming it on a glitch or a cascade of computer orders, but I see the same thing happened across the forex markets too (GJ in freefall again) so I'm wondering where it originated. Did it go from stocks to forex or the other way round?
I'm with you Alan - it's beginning to smell alot like 2008!

Hi all

no idea what happened (see below)......looks to me like people were selling Dow and the ole computers started firing off the S/L's as they are programmed to do :eek:

clearly things are better than the old days as this move would have dominoed/collapsed the market much further - but I suspect more savvy failsafe systems are now running with the big players

was there a key S/L price area that got triggered ? (10,500?) ..im not an equities follower much....forex is hard work enough.....

N

Attachments

• DJ30 big dipper.jpg
    DJ30 big dipper.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 418
Hi all

no idea what happened (see below)......looks to me like people were selling Dow and the ole computers started firing off the S/L's as they are programmed to do :eek:

clearly things are better than the old days as this move would have dominoed/collapsed the market much further - but I suspect more savvy failsafe systems are now running with the big players

was there a key S/L price area that got triggered ? (10,500?) ..im not an equities follower much....forex is hard work enough.....

N
It broke 10000 briefly, which I think triggered the bounceback, but having a look around it does seem to have kicked off in the equities and then fed into other markets. Some folk are saying it was a human error, some a system error and some institutions are saying everything was working fine.
As you say Neil, most probably programmed trading. Bound to get these little episodes when there's no human neural net in control. That was partly why 2008 went so wild - far too many unthinking machines placing far too many trades.

interesting powerplays at the moment......commdolls dominating....and everyone hates gbp !

tag team back in positives on the 1m and 5m corrie scalper...look for sells on G6 and possible Selling of the u/J

(subject to the appropriate paircharts price action signals)

N

ouch to the gbp retrace

i'd still be disapointed if the U/J gets much above 92.11 ....i'm looking at opportunities between that and the 00.....safer still is to sell below a supported 92.00 with tag still rising on the 1m and 5m

N

Attachments

• uj trading range.jpg
    uj trading range.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 93
welcome all - we have over 30 viewing at the moment.........load the correlator on page 64 ....and ask questions here as needed

N

and come out of the U/J trade as I dont like it now ....(yen and USd fallen back below the zero on my scalper )

no real harm done at 92.06

both yen and usd have to be on same side of the zero for this puppy to fly

N

the price moved down to nearly 92.00 and I didnt like the trade :innocent:

boy are we picky ones on this thread :cool:

N

Attachments

• failed scalp .jpg
    failed scalp .jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 121
commdoll tribe still strong ...and gbp looks like its gonna tumble again.....we need some directional bias on the yen and USD ...cmon guys move !

my hybrids tell me on the 1min and 5mins to get ready to buy commdolls and Tag team and sell the eurotribe ....(well probably sell GBP mainly)

I need some more confirmational direction on the 1mins though

n

tag team are both (positive) side of the Zero again ....look for your trades and setups on the individual pair charts

n

nope its not playing today is it at the moment ....tag is hanging with choppy undirectional bias

thats trading ..sit for hours waiting for a bite !

gotta go as meetings to attend

later all
N

in fact as i'm out the door the tag are both negative now on 1min and 5min

so look for setups selling yen and USD into the G6 and look for some possible USDJPY buys now bouncing up from the 92.00 to the 92.10-15

laterall
n

jees I gotta go but was lookign at that tag sell for a handful of pips....:sneaky:

retrace coming but hang in there as I think theres more in the tank on this u/J buy

N

Attachments

• retrace.jpg
    retrace.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 226
hi all

really got to go now........

I think for me the key to scalping is not to set your targets too high and really get into the flow of the currencies to see what is possible based on the signals/indicators you use (my Correlator and its hybrids are real good at this)

I have to laugh sometimes when people sit there waiting for their 10 pip scalp target regardless of what the market is realistically going to give them in that particular set of G8 dynamics.....then they watch the market reverse them out and they lose the 7 pips they were up :rolleyes:

as I leave the U/J delivered more than enough to keep me happy for this trade so job done (see below)

if you want to learn more anout this amazing indicator.....read my thread from the start ...the journey is really fascinating and the lessons along the way are useful

and the next stage of our journey will be even better...I promise :smart:

best regards all !
NVP

Attachments

• scalp sucessful.jpg
    scalp sucessful.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 561
and remember all the u/J is not my usual trading pair...I have built the whole thread on generally trading the USD against the G6 (excluding the Yen)

nice to have it in the wings though !

N

and I hope you all took the Eurotribe buys as the tag team fell ?

me neither as I am working - doh !
N

Anyone trading yesterday evening? I happened to turn over to CNBC just as the Dow plummetted 900 points for no apparent reason. The "experts" were blaming it on a glitch or a cascade of computer orders, but I see the same thing happened across the forex markets too (GJ in freefall again) so I'm wondering where it originated. Did it go from stocks to forex or the other way round?
I'm with you Alan - it's beginning to smell alot like 2008!

heres Lances take on it....a great trader and a great website

http://www.yourtradingcoach.com/Articles-General/Panic-6-May-2010.html