Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

watch the whip on the Tag.....they should have risen in the night so the temptation to fall (if markets rise) will be very possible !

N.......

hmmm the eurotribe are all falling together again on the 5 mins....!

ooooh...the markets rose and the tag fell......(nice U/J buy scalp !)

gonna be one of those days eh ?

bring it on
N

Hi all

time for a quick scan of the action.....

hmmmm looks like a little tag action coming upwards

and perhaps a cheeky Sell U/J as well

N

Attachments

• tag blast off .jpg
    tag blast off .jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 111
  • u j sell.jpg
    u j sell.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 183
I might have missed the boat on this convergence play but the hell.....pray for some more DJ30 and gold dumping...

this is not good....I need gold to fall but stay behind the speed of the Dj30 fall......in a perfect world that is....:cry:

N

Attachments

• to fast.jpg
    to fast.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 157
the Tag is dominent Tribe in the 1m and 5min at present the rest of G6 pretty subservient.....i'm banking on a little more push up to get my scalp before its all change.....as discussed I've already missed the boat on 10 pip falling scalp opportunities already from that earlier high at 93.61.....

the longer this ranging now continues the longer the market has to change dynamics and creep up on you.......scalping must not become loitering !

N

If anyone accuses me of never showing a failed signal heres one for you all to cherish..............a little learning sprinkled in though hopefully here ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 183
anyway......i'm hoping our resident stig (JRP) delivers some nice results by lunchtime on that superb G/U sell today so far (y)

N

Attachments

• gu sell.jpg
    gu sell.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 121
that yen dump is not the markets doing......dj30 is falling with gold......?

That was spectacular Gavin, well done. Challenge for us all tomorrow will be keeping today's gains firmly locked in instead of handing them back over without even a whimper!
Simon.

Thanks Simon. I'm steering clear today given the Euro instability, but best of luck to you & anyone else trading. It could be very lucrative if everything moves the same way, but I remember Autumn 2008 too well to place any trust in maths when things get dodgy. I don't think it's going back that way yet, but until Greece is resolved it's looking jumpy.

Last edited:
until tag decide which way they are going my core strategies are useless.....

100+ pips in a day is what its all about.....(y)

N

Thanks Neil - I realised I should count my blessings when I heard about the Greek debt status being junked. No way I could've known that was about to be announced, so 9 times out of 10 the decision to call it a day when I did would've been about right.
It'll teach me to keep my news feed going until 5pm though!

yen is falling but it shouldnt be happening....

Last edited:
gotta go.....as I leave I see that the Yen has dragged usd into southern bias....and commdolls seem to be pushing north

great morning for the swissie as well......

later
N

Attachments

• swissie power.jpg
    swissie power.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hi all

heres a crazy request.....:whistling

Apart from the relatively (easy) technical stuff/instructions re loading my new corrie hybrids into Metatrader (thanks GMP/Tigloo - Templates it is !)

I have to be honest and say i'm pulling my hair out re how the hell I create training and guidelines for my approach....

I have started writing an endless pdf....and realise its like watching paint dry....also I am endlessly improving and fine tuning my methods.....plus you guys are feeding / sharing great Ideas (mainly pms but thanks !)

so I am figuring the following approach (whish was where I was a while back) :-

1) I will provide a core set of corrie templates (20 and counting) and new Hybrid indicators (umm 10+) by initial e-mail to customers who want the systems

2) I will have a private forum where they are all explained to the members and can be dynamically updated by me (and members) as we develop the approaches...the forum will also be developed in various directions including our more experienced members being encouraged to post signals and market observations (same as here if we had some more experienced members !)....

chicken and egg really as I know that if followers had my hybrids and a little more formalised training then I would expect a huge uplift in participation. I am only scratching the surface here re my musings and observations as you can probably
guess :smart:

This forum will not be on T2W as we cannot operate commercial forums here ....(which I completely understand - apologies to moderators for progressing this to the stage it was)

does that sound a good idea ? :rolleyes:
N

heres where i'm coming from on the 1mins

I was looking for a little more here but AUD looking like its shy and I cannot realistically ask for more from the USD fall....or can I ? :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• AUD and USD play.jpg
    AUD and USD play.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 151
of course the truth of the matter is that on other indicators the commdolls on 1min are all now falling so not a good sign......however the Eurotribe are rising.....hmmm

N

Attachments

• tribal warfare.jpg
    tribal warfare.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited: