converting EMA from Daily to Weekly

siavash_83

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find an answer to it in the forums.

I am trying to Draw a 20 Week EMA on a Daily Chart in my trading platform. As this is not possible by normal means, I can program it in to take daily prices, turn it into weekly and then loop to get the 20 Week EMA for that particular point.

I was wondering wether there is an easier way to do this? I know with SMAs you can divide by 5 to get the weekly values, but for EMAs, what would be better than my approach?

Assume: Have daily candles, 26 day EMA
Need 20 Week EMA.

Thanks

Depends on your charting platform. What you could probably do is create a custom indicator. Name it and save it 20 week EMA. Then overlay it on your chart along with your normal 26 day ema.

Depends on your charting platform. What you could probably do is create a custom indicator. Name it and save it 20 week EMA. Then overlay it on your chart along with your normal 26 day ema.

Thanks TradeSurfer,

I was using IGIndex then and figured out I could just do it with as you suggested. I have since moved to Meta Trader and it has the multi timeframe indicators built in.
I mainly wanted it for backtesting.

Thanks again