Concept FX

Damn. I fiddled with the stop and set it at 14600. GBUSD trade stopped out but still in a healthy profit of 170pips.

Phil - You must have done something wrong re the EUR/GBP trade.

It should have be set up as an order on Tuesday evening which would open long if price went up above 0.8940 - this ordered tripped us long during the Budget speach on Wednesday around 1pm UK time and stop was then placed at 0.8880 with a limit order at 0.9040 - the lowest EUR/GBP has been since the trade opened is around 0.8910 some 30 points away from the stop. This trade hit its target this morning as the Euro has been really strong overnight.

A very good week for Concept this week - I'm currently showing gains of around £4,700.

Steve.

Phil - You must have done something wrong re the EUR/GBP trade.

It should have be set up as an order on Tuesday evening which would open long if price went up above 0.8940 - this ordered tripped us long during the Budget speach on Wednesday around 1pm UK time and stop was then placed at 0.8880 with a limit order at 0.9040 - the lowest EUR/GBP has been since the trade opened is around 0.8910 some 30 points away from the stop. This trade hit its target this morning as the Euro has been really strong overnight.

A very good week for Concept this week - I'm currently showing gains of around £4,700.

Steve.
OK I'll double check my trade details DAMMIT. The trade today was brilliant, i too am showing a very nice profit, though on a much smaller bank :-D

If they carry on like this I won't ever have to tell my wife about the losses I made :innocent:

Two nice closing trades today then. Pity the GBP/USD retraced just about far enough to ping our stops before taking off again in search on new highs - still, we must not moan as this is the nature of mechanical trading systems!

Have a good weekend,
Steve.

OK I'll double check my trade details DAMMIT. The trade today was brilliant, i too am showing a very nice profit, though on a much smaller bank :-D

If they carry on like this I won't ever have to tell my wife about the losses I made :innocent:

Ah, I moved my stop, even when COncept didn't show a move :whistling

I made a net profit on the trade despite the stopout, oh well you live and learn, albiet slowly in my case.

Phil

Phil, How did FAPT do? Has Concept gone quiet again?

My robot trading account has achieved nothing so far this month:

1 Dec Starting Capital £100
19 Dec £100 withdrawn.
31 Dec Equity at £2,070

30 Jan Equity at £3,248
6 Feb Equity at £3,008
13 Feb Equity at £3,208

Roboteer has produced a good series of wins this week but, with six significant losses too, recovered relatively little after last week’s loss. It will do better when we get some better trending moves on EURUSD. With FAPT I am now only trading EURCHF and it has again produced a steady series of small wins and no losses. As it seems to be on song I have decided to double lot size for next week.

Sandy why have you stopped posting your updates? I was following along and now I'm just wondering what happened?

Please do post when you get time

thanks

Sandy why have you stopped posting your updates? I was following along and now I'm just wondering what happened?

I thought maybe I was getting boring, especially as this is the Concept thread! In fact I stopped following the thread, apart from one or two quick peeks including one today. Glad to see Concept is working, but it looks as if my robots have doubled the performance of Concept in 2009 (so far!!).

1 Dec Starting Capital £100
19 Dec £100 withdrawn.
31 Dec Equity at £2,070

30 Jan Equity at £3,248
6 Feb Equity at £3,008
13 Feb Equity at £3,208
20-Feb Equity at £3,065
27-Feb Equity at £2,953
6-Mar Equity at £3,046
13-Mar Equity at £3,080
20-Mar Equity at £3,439
27-Mar Equity at £3,698
3-Apr Equity at £3,967
10-Apr Equity at £3,864
17-Apr Equity at £4,196
24-Apr Equity at £4,372
30-Apr Equity at £4,576

I stopped trading Roboteer on 24 Feb, as it was producing too many losses for my liking, and destroyed my February results. It is only really profitable when EURUSD gets into a good long trend, and there is very high risk of loss when the price ranges, or is very turbulent.

So, apart from a few microlot trial trades with my own EA (failed yet again!), I have traded only FAPT (Short Term mode) in March and April. With FAPT I started the year trading 0.12 lots, but with increasing account size and increasing confidence I am now trading 1.5 lots, which produces a risk level now of around 11%. This is pushing luck a bit.

Alpari have just decided to increase the overnight spread on EURCHF from 3 to 5 pips (FAPT trades just that pair and only during European night). It seems this is because so many people are making consistent profits with FAPT that the broker is protecting his own position. Of course some brokers don’t accept FAPT trades at all. The long and short of it is that I am expecting my profits to slow down a bit. In fact FAPT profit sizes in pips have already diminished by around half since I started it in December. This has not been a sudden thing just a steady slowing down, and I cannot put my finger on the reason. The increased spread may now be the last straw. We’ll see.

For some time I have been looking for a system to replace Roboteer, as I don’t like just relying on one system. So I have just loaded the MegaDroid EA, which was drawn to my attention by a very kind trading buddy, and am waiting for the first trades with it set initially at 5% risk. Like FAPT it only trades during European night, but on EURUSD, for which the Alpari spread is 1.8 pips. So here’s hoping.

great going Sandy !! well fapt seems to be faring well but only for people who fine tune the settings depending on market conditions. I find those who run fapt out of the box end up losing it all.

Here's a statement of someone I'm following ..... machet trading journal over at pipcop.com running fapt he's gone from $3000 beginning 2nd Jan 2009 to $48723.43 as of yesterday.

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Have you considered linking your results to mt4 stats?

Fapt seems to be the best ea as of now, a while a go i heard a lot about forexmetarobot but lately its performance has been quite disappointing.

Anyway thanks for the update and do keep posting, I love your updates !!

great going Sandy !! well fapt seems to be faring well but only for people who fine tune the settings depending on market conditions. I find those who run fapt out of the box end up losing it all.

Here's a statement of someone I'm following ..... machet trading journal over at pipcop.com running fapt he's gone from $3000 beginning 2nd Jan 2009 to $48723.43 as of yesterday.

Have you considered linking your results to mt4 stats?

Fapt seems to be the best ea as of now, a while a go i heard a lot about forexmetarobot but lately its performance has been quite disappointing.

Anyway thanks for the update and do keep posting, I love your updates !!

Hi,

I am not sure about that other EA, but I am always testing at least one on a demo account. I am currently running FAPT on three seperate accounts.

Here is the link to the most recent one I opened on the 25th of March.

What is interesting is that two out of the four pairs traded have not made a profit. In fact one of my account's pofits have nearly been wiped out simply because of the two dud pairs. The others like EURCHF and USDCAD are very profitable.

Look at the account you just showed us which is now at £50,000 odd. He would have been at about £80,000 if he only trades EURCHF and probably well over £100k if he traded USDCAD as well for the whole period.

The account I am showing you above will from now on only be trading the profitable pairs (obvious mistake, but we learn by analysing results).

At the moment I am also running MegaDroid which hasn't made a loss for me yet in the last month, but the trades are very few and far between with only small wins. I am now running it on a live account. I also have two other EAs which are currently being tested and a third which I am looking to purchase in a month or so.

yep watching nervously. lots of volatility today with non farm payrolls

all trades going in the wrong direction

There are a couple of good Forex news websites that can provide a pretty decent foundation for beginners. A quick search for the phrase "Forex news" will provide you with ample choices.

Hi ...

I don't know about you, but this is more than enough for me to live comfortably. I very much prefer having a stress-free strategy, than to live on fear and greed for the promise of a much larger return, which is not guaranteed. I can safely say if I keep my head level, stick to my system and MM, is more or less guaranteed.