Concept FX

In the horse-racing world there is a myth that somewhere between the stable-door and the racecourse there is a great fount of inside knowledge. Once tapped, wealth is yours.All you have to do is tap it. Sorry guys and gals it just doesn't work like that. It's just the same with Forex. Trade what you see, not what someone hopes you'll see.

And if you really couldn't be bothered, leg over to Phil Newton's thread on here. He will demonstrate some excellent principles that have stood the test of time. Mind you, his altruistic principles are tempered with a desire to lure you to his website and extract £120 per month to look over his shoulder in his live trading room. Nothing wrong with that. Just be aware that it's less expensive to apply the well accepted trading principles yourself.

Scanjet, Great Guru!

You are all talk, and hot air! We never get any value from you. Lets have some specifics, not your vague assertions, allusions, sniping, and picking holes.

Wow! So it's not 30% then? You're not one of those UK Treasury Ministers are you?

You Dork! :D

My account started at £10,000 and its now at exactly £13,023.10.....

That my friend is pretty much 30% on the nose. If you want to be exact then its 30.231%

Is that clear enough for you?

The Concept method works in two stages;

Stage One : Building the bank

Stage Two : Drawing of winnings

During stage one profits are compounded so, as the bank increases, the risk per trade is raised so that 5% is always risked. It is up to each person where they set the level of their capped bank. Concept choose £25,000 and risk 5% per trade. This means that once the level of £25,000 was reached their risk per trade was capped at £1,250. This means that all wins are measured against a 'capped bank' of £25,000.

I hope I'm not going too fast for you........

Since my bank is below the level which I have set out then I will be compounding profits. If I hadnt compounded profits then my gains would be higher than 30% (in line with Concept's offical figures on their website).

Steve.

I don't understand you. I've told you exactly what you should do to make money on Forex...? If you want someone to take you by the hand then buy a system.

I don't understand you. I've told you exactly what you should do to make money on Forex...? If you want someone to take you by the hand then buy a system.

this forum is about whether it works or not, and we have discovered it's not a scam. if there is a better system out there that you have designed go to a different forum and open a thread there.

I think what he was implying was that you need to 'prove you can walk as well as talk'.

Steve.

Scanjet,

I have no regrets about buying in to Concept. And you don't actually know how much it cost me, although you think you do.

It has provided a new starting point for developing my trading, however disparaging you feel you want to be. And I know that is true for many users.

Over the years I have explored many ways of trading which seemed to offer me the answers I wanted, but in the end failed me (or maybe I failed them). Each of us has to develop our own way of trading.

In fact I continue to believe Concept is valuable in itself as a trading system. All I am doing is suggesting that others may find it worthwhile to do more than blindly follow it. It would be ridiculous for me to claim I have all the answers, and I may yet once again fall flat on my face.

Your ideas of how to trade are no doubt valid for you, and you are as sure as anything now very very rich, but sadly with nothing better to do than voyeuristically watch this thread, on which the lesser mortals tease out their doubts.

What I find strange is that you started this thread, and continue to post on it, but generally your comment is negative, or sarky. I cannot help wondering why you bother. There is a certain personal insecurity coming through in your tone.

If you have a fantastically successful alternative system, why not set it out in detail, and share it with us. Become our guru.

You Dork! :D

My account started at £10,000 and its now at exactly £13,023.10.....

That my friend is pretty much 30% on the nose. If you want to be exact then its 30.231%

Is that clear enough for you?

The Concept method works in two stages;

Stage One : Building the bank

Stage Two : Drawing of winnings

During stage one profits are compounded so, as the bank increases, the risk per trade is raised so that 5% is always risked. It is up to each person where they set the level of their capped bank. Concept choose £25,000 and risk 5% per trade. This means that once the level of £25,000 was reached their risk per trade was capped at £1,250. This means that all wins are measured against a 'capped bank' of £25,000.

I hope I'm not going too fast for you........

Since my bank is below the level which I have set out then I will be compounding profits. If I hadnt compounded profits then my gains would be higher than 30% (in line with Concept's offical figures on their website).

Steve.

Well, you're clearly an expert in all this. You're seemingly on here all day. Why don't you trade what you see and not what someone else hopes you'll see? Sorry. Not trying to upset people, merely curious.

It's fine, I have all the time in the world, thats the freedom that successful trading brings.

I like your cliches but you seem to have little grasp of what it really means.

I'm on here for two reasons;

1 ) To share what I already know.

2 ) To learn things about what I dont know.

Does that make me an expert? It's subjective and means very little. I'm not sure if you're upsetting people but you're making me and a few others laugh. What would you like from this thread?

Steve.

Scanjet

out of curiosity for your depth of knowledge in using all the terminology that is associated with forex.
What % growth have you made in the last 3 months purely from trading 'what you see' so we can compare the 30% made by the 'blind' Concept followers?
We will have to take your word for this but we're all friends here...

Scanjet, i think your question has been answered. There are people who are using it. Not only that but are making a profit from it, although not me yet but my results do match those posted on Concepts website. Now having answered that simple question for you - and by the way thank you for setting up this thread it has been most useful - have you another that might perhaps lead to a useful discussion?

Anyone use it?

<<< Appears to be spam for an fx company ... given its a first post>>>

Hello SandyW

Have you found a way how to avoid the bet pairs? I started looking at 1 hour chart which include Stochastic Oscylator...it halps me to avoid the losers but maybe you have better idea what to do to eliminate the wrong orders?

Regards,
Arek
Steve,

The way I am working is to cut losses and let profits run. There is nothing I am doing which would prevent profits running.

I have not analysed every historical Concept trade, but I have looked at some trades, and find Concept's exit strategy can be quite poor. Neil at Concept agrees it could be improved, and that many users do manage it. But this must be done systematically, not emotionally! That is where the risk lies.

Hi Andy,

I have been looking at concept fx for the last couple of months and have read through several posts on this forum.

How are things going with concept fx?

Thanks,
Gordon

Hi Gordon
I actually started one day later than Steve on here..and i kept accurate records to start with to proove that their results posted on the website were accurate after 9 trades 3 were loosers but the winners went on and on way above my expectations, then i started to use my account for my own trades some which lost and some which won. So i cannot say how much i am up but if its 30% as steve says then ive lost 40% on my own trading.lol.

As for the babble ive just read about it seems scanjet ur knocking us for paying so much for knowledge..instead of taking our 4k and blowing it ourselves..which i have done in the past....and yes u can knock me for saying im 40% down but i had 2 trades that were steep learning curves...i even predicted my own downfall many pages back saying...ive cracked it and watch me get over confident..i did!!! and instead of risking 5% of my bank i just plucked a figure of £6 or £8 /pip never really worked out my s/r levels then within and hr the markets turned and shot down 170 pips.

What concept has done for me as a trader which i couldnt get any where else was live calls from a system....if it said buy at 1.9780 and stop at 1.9650 i would bring up the chart and look at how it came to that figure...and low and behold i saw what they were trying to do............they were picking a level where this trade was going to come down the the next support level of 1.9780 then reverese and shoot up to a level say of 1.9990 ..........all of a sudden the books and the jargon kicked in..i may have grasped a little of it and now tried it on my own and actually it did work but then the next key thing is money management!!...there is one guy on here who sounds like he has grasped that..the rest of us are learning..and there is only one way to learn!! the expensive way.

this can be used as a hobby or a living( or making money if you follow concept)...to me its a hobby because i wont ever have the time to commit to learning the years of knowledge it takes to become a trader..but if i can make some sense of those peaks and troughs on the charts then its a hobby thats will keep my interest up for many years to come.

Compounding

Hi Sandy

...and of course profits can be compounded ad infinitum......I want to keep re-investing and then go and buy an Island in 5 years...

Sean,

It seems I am not the only one who has built a spreadsheet to show that I will make a million in 5 years! However, it is simply not practical to compound the bank to anywhere near that level. Your trade sizes would become gigantic and, I don't know but I think, the spreadbet co would limit you. For example would you want to be risking say £10K on every trade?

Furthermore, would you really want to leave the money to buy your island in the tender care of the spreadbet co? It seems to me that to get your bank up to £50K may be practical, but £20K - £25Km is normally reckoned to be a sensible level. Personally (if/when I get there, be it 25K or 50K!!) I will draw money out regularly, as I cannot see the point of just leaving it with the SB co till the year end!

Sean,

It seems I am not the only one who has built a spreadsheet to show that I will make a million in 5 years! However, ... SNIP...
Personally (if/when I get there, be it 25K or 50K!!) I will draw money out regularly, as I cannot see the point of just leaving it with the SB co till the year end!

I havent gone that far yet but after my first trades with Concpet I'm down a bit. Though this is partially due to my re-entering a trade instead of keeping the modest profit I'd already taken.

I agree 100% with making regular withdrawals, perhaps quarterly. If I get my bank to say 25K and concept keeps on returning in the region of 50-75K pa then I'll not be leaving that in the SB account, why would you? Even the paltry amount of £50 (tax free!) would be enough to get by on. I have heard that there ARE people who manage on less, but i can't imagine it myself.

(I don't need to put a smiley in here do I?)

I have a modest imcome from a property in London that I'm compounding in a low interest account with a view to investing in another property, despite the downturn in the market, property is always nice to have (y) even if it's not a get rich quick hit anymore.

I don't need an island but a number of income streams that allow me a degree of freedom from the 9-5 grind.

An island needs a lot of upkeep and what with the way the climate is going and the rising sea levels and all it could prove to be a "vanishing" investment. :)

Last edited:
Hi SandyW,

how you getting on with autotrader?

also where's your post
That was another very bad call on sterling. Didn't even have the chance to watch it, manage it or even have a first cuppa! Concept just doesn't get it. The pound is going DOWN, NOT UP. No good anyone saying it's just bad luck. Sniper gets it, Bogie gets it, and everyone else gets it. Even Darling gets it. How can you develop confidence in a system that misses the big moves? It's such moves that should make up for all the losses, not compound them.

I agree with you, have you contacted Concept about this? Tell them to FIX UP!
:p

That's the third GBPUSD trade that has gone sour. Once is an accident, twice is bad luck, three times is.............carelessness.

All three trades have in fact looked crazy from the outset. I am very much regretting not applying my new trade management policy to this one. I just thought, let it do its thing. How stupid.

I am increasingly thinking, contrary to my earlier intentions, that one should not run with Concept mindlessly. Discipline is one thing, but mindlessness is another.

As a matter of interest, I am running a trial autotrader on GBPUSD. Yesterday it put me long, made a good profit, then reversed the trade, and today another good profit, and still going. All hands free, no EOD, no watching the screen! Concept eat your heart out. What a pity it was a paper trade. OK, it was/is only two trades, so proves nothing (as yet).

how you getting on with autotrader?
also where's your post

The Bogie EA produced 900 yes 900 pips in 9 days. Sadly papertrades only.

I pulled my post because no-one needs someone like me on here cackling about the obvious. I wrote impulsely while in a state of shock! And now with the second trade gone bust in quick time, I have even less worth saying..........

Sandy i know I've asked you this before and i'm really chancing it by asking you again,

but could you please (pretty please with strawberries and whipped cream) prvide the link for the autotrader website? :eek:

also are you still using Sniper?

Thanks

The Bogie EA produced 900 yes 900 pips in 9 days. Sadly papertrades only.

I pulled my post because no-one needs someone like me on here cackling about the obvious. I wrote impulsely while in a state of shock! And now with the second trade gone bust in quick time, I have even less worth saying..........