Concept FX

..............Be very careful.

Steve.

Steve,

Wise counsel for which many thanks.

If anyone thinks that I am a menace, pointing to various sites, please say so.

But with Steve's wise counsel added, it is perhaps still educational as to possibilities. I for one am sticking with Concept. I have faith, but it is only faith, and I do not want to become obsessive about it, because clearly there are other possible options, and some a lot cheaper to boot.

Also visions of eggs in a basket keep popping up!

Remember that, although we have paid Concept up front for the first year, with supposedly "free data" for a year, in following years we will have to pay for the "data". So effectively the initial huge outlay is really for a service duration of one year only. If you do not continue with the annual subscription for data, your "capital outlay" depreciates to ZERO at the end of the first year! Furthermore (unless I have missed something) there is no absolute certainty that the service will continue either during the first year, or subsequently. And if you have not recovered the outlay within 12 months, you have really lost out. The misleading thing about Concept is that you thought you were making a capital purchase of trading software. You haven't. You have in reality bought one year of "educational" trading signals which are delivered through dedicated client software. It could as easily (actually more easily) have been delivered through email, text or your browser. And apart from the cost issue, there is the inconvenient fact that you are tied to the PC on which you have the "software". There is no way you can get the signals without it, unless you phone or email a fellow user. Concept made it clear to me that they have no intention of delivering signals except through their software.

Steve, given your exemplary business attitude, would you say 100% depreciation over 1 year, with no guarantees that you will reach break-even in that time, made sense? Do not most businesses need around 3 years to break-even?

I have no personal regrets about buying in. It is proving to be very educational, not least because of this thread, and has re-invigorated my trading attitude. I also believe that the signals themselves will prove profitable.

But peeps should think about what I say above.

did anyone else get stopped out this morning..ig stopped me on one but capital has kept it open?

just checked capital spreads they bottomoed at 161.95...why the big difference between the 2 unless capital close their trades and missed the low of the day?

just checked capital spreads they bottomoed at 161.95...why the big difference between the 2 unless capital close their trades and missed the low of the day?

Now that is interesting. IG show the low as 158 on the daily, but go into the hourly and it is above 160 as well.

Who's figures are right?

Capital Spreads show the low as 161.79 bid which is around 20 above the stop. If you got stopped by IG then you might want to ring them and question them further.

Steve.

Capital Spreads show the low as 161.79 bid which is around 20 above the stop. If you got stopped by IG then you might want to ring them and question them further.

Steve.

I have just spoken to concept..they say it is def stopped!! so im on my own..woohoo 20 pips and i will take profit.lol..actually im going for 165.38!! if it doesnt get stopped
There was chatter amongst a few about taking into account the spreads..and making a 100 pip stop into 103...but NO....its just the way it goes..so im afraid deep breathe and move on..Im glad i joined at the good times!!..getting close to B.E. now

Graham

I have just spoken to concept..they say it is def stopped!! so im on my own..woohoo 20 pips and i will take profit.lol..actually im going for 165.38!! if it doesnt get stopped
There was chatter amongst a few about taking into account the spreads..and making a 100 pip stop into 103...but NO....its just the way it goes..so im afraid deep breathe and move on..Im glad i joined at the good times!!..getting close to B.E. now

Graham

CMC bid dipped momentarily to 161.58. As I had not got my trade open when I should have, I went in at market after the stop was hit, so I am still in (just).

I had the cookies problem with results too, but now resolved.

It looks like Capital stopped trading overnight which means that anyone with a position with them is still open. My order with Capital only filled at around 7am this morning which appears to be after the proper positions stopped out.

Steve.

CMC bid dipped momentarily to 161.58. As I had not got my trade open when I should have, I went in at market after the stop was hit, so I am still in (just).

I had the cookies problem with results too, but now resolved.

How do I sort the cookies problem? Last Concept results I can get are dated 27/07 which certainly don't show recent losses. Would like to fix this and see their lates figures. Even if I am substantially in the red at present!

Sandy,

Thanks for those links. Have decided to try out Sniperforex in parallel to Concept. Have pair my dues and waiting for system so will let you know how I get on.

Torran

I closed my Capital Spreads position for half the loss that it should of been. Pity that I didnt notice that they were missing overnight data earlier otherwise I would of actually made a profit this morning!

Steve.

im assuming then Steve you think that the price action is negative,,regardless of news and the TA wont hold up? At some point soon the markets will settle surely..they are near 2 and 5 yr lows..if not there..so consolidation then back to a bull market...with settled TA

How do I sort the cookies problem? Last Concept results I can get are dated 27/07 which certainly don't show recent losses. Would like to fix this and see their lates figures. Even if I am substantially in the red at present!

think the easiest way is to go to their site and run thru the results...

My Capital account is still running with the trade, so very odd. I do expect to get stopped out very soon. I will let it run just in case by a miracle it comes good.

If we had hedged this trade by going short to hit the entry point then there would have been a small celebration. I am still collecting all the trades for August and will publish the results at the end of the month.

Looking at the latest losing trade does anyone think that by the current trend reversal, breaking the upward trend line, as well as the 50 and 200 EMA lines was an indicator that it was going to keep going down. I did not look at the charts last night when I placed the trade (stupid of me), but will be more diligent in future trades.

I had this problem, and it appeared to be resolved by deleting all cookies (IE Tools/Internet Options menu). But then the problem has re-occurred. I emailed Concept, and just got a mindless response, saying they hadn't updated the site!