complaints to WorldSpreads‏

Anyone was this below means? I get this message quite often recently when trading from home.
The prices seem to be delayed although all other applications run fine (Youtube, etc.) so my connection is good. It basically prevents me from trading. Any idea why this is happening?

Unfortunately we cannot accept your trade, this is because the price has moved. This may be due to volatile market activity, poor internet performance or a 3rd party application affecting performance. E: 30

Edith: This is really odd. I tried on different computers, different IPs etc.
The issue is still there: I opened a trade and right after the prices are appearing fine. However when I click on "close" or want to open a new trade, the prices are "old" (like at the time I opened the trade). I basically can't close it because of the error above. Now proven it is not the internet connection that is the issue.

Any other experiences like that?

Last edited:
By the way, these "oddities" ironically worked in my favour: I could close my trade at a better price than market, as the trade went against me. This trade was as well probably the biggest position I ever run with them...

However, if it went my way I would have not been able to close it at a profit. I think this was really strange, especially as I have taken a lot of money from Worldspreads.

In addition, they did not stop me out when trading an extremely volatile stock. Ironically, again, the stock moved in my favour and I profited from their "mistakes" or "tricks".

I am really in a strange situation now: I like their platform, the tight spreads, you can short any stock they offer, they never move to price to stop you out, etc. but these things make it difficult for me to continue with them......

They are a complete and utter bucket shop, don't know what all the fuss is about.

Everyone in the industry knows it - joke outfit. Zerospreads.....so every time I go to trade an FX pair I get the ticket spinning for over 20 seconds and if the price doesn't suit by the time the idiots at WS get round to looking at the trade it gets rejected.

Forgot also to add that a member of staff from sales has told me that they chip the prices against you too on the tickets. Complete and utter shambles of an outfit, run by idiots, company going nowhere. Avoid at all costs.

Hmmm.

The prospect of Zero spreads is very appealing. I was going to shift to these people when I got my account up to £5k but if they are playing games, screw em.

I am amazed that they are in business. They are the worst for rejecting trades, absolute joke of an outfit. Don't even think about using them.

Have to concur. Also, whatever the rights and wrongs, if they say repeatedly that funds have been sent and they haven't, they're badly in the wrong, regardless of what happened before. The OP should just go to the ombudsman.

this has happened to me as well...

i received 1,000 by chaps which came in fine... then i told them they made an error i said i requested 4,000 to be chaps to me... on monday i was wondering where the remainder 3,000 was... i called them and they said, oh, there was an error, it has been sent by BACS...?

not once did i request a BACS payment... pmsl, so where are they going with this?

monday 11th they said it has been sent by bacs... every day i have been checking my account... still no 3,000pounds...

i have called them each and everyday since tuesday, told them i have not received... they have said it should be there later on today if not by tomorrow... they have said this since tuesday... it is now thursday...

i called them today, he said it should be there later on today if not today, then tomorrow.

i was calm on the fone but i wanted to say no, can u just cancel it and do a bloody CHAPS payment for goodness sake...

if it is not there by tomorrow, I NO THEY ARE 100% FULLY FLEDGED LYING TO MY FACE becoz BACS never EVER takes this long...

Kick up a fuss and be sure to get your money. Then close your account, this lot are a joke.

well well well... wot has happened now... i have not received MY 3,000 POUNDS!!!

she says all i can say is that it has been sent and she gave me some stupid reference number and she told me to contact my bank

(how can i contact my bank with YOUR BANKS REFERENCE number to ask them where the 3,000 pounds is?)

i called my bank and they said no, we cannot do anything with this reference number as it is worldspreads bank that can only do somehting...!!! exactly wot i was thinking...

then i was saying to her can u not cancel the bacs and just do a bloody chaps she said no i can rule that out now we are not going to send another payment of 3,000 pounds to u when we have already sent u 3,000pounds

I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER... WOULD I BE CALLING U IF I HAD RECEIVED THE 3,000POUNDS? FOOL

shes telling me it is still midday so there will still be time... pmsl she doesnt realise if i dont receive it by 5pm tomorrow is the weekend but i shud wait like an idiot...

i will call again @ 2pm and demand a CHAPS i care not now

since monday 11th they have been gassing me senseless

On 12 MAY, I requested withdraw my fund £5160. On 14 MAY, I received
a statement from World Spreads, the statement shows the £5160 has been
sent to me on 12 MAY. Because I haven’t received the fund in following
a few days, I made phone calls more than 5 times to World Spreads
contact number 020 73985220. Every time I was told that the fund has
been sent to me, the fund has left World Spreads account on 12 MAY, and

they asked me to check with my bank. On 16 JUN, after a month I received

their email said will only give me back £2000 and will not give another £3160 to me.

I finally realize that the fund wasn't send to me at all in May. World Spreads

Customer’ services on 020 7398 5220 were lying to me. I can’t believe that a

FSA Registered and listed firm sent a incorrect statement to their customer and gave

all wrong information to cheat their customer.

how did u realise this? was it just the logic of it or wos there something else...?

well well well... wot has happened now... i have not received MY 3,000 POUNDS!!!

she says all i can say is that it has been sent and she gave me some stupid reference number and she told me to contact my bank

(how can i contact my bank with YOUR BANKS REFERENCE number to ask them where the 3,000 pounds is?)

i called my bank and they said no, we cannot do anything with this reference number as it is worldspreads bank that can only do somehting...!!! exactly wot i was thinking...

then i was saying to her can u not cancel the bacs and just do a bloody chaps she said no i can rule that out now we are not going to send another payment of 3,000 pounds to u when we have already sent u 3,000pounds

I WANTED TO STRANGLE HER... WOULD I BE CALLING U IF I HAD RECEIVED THE 3,000POUNDS? FOOL

shes telling me it is still midday so there will still be time... pmsl she doesnt realise if i dont receive it by 5pm tomorrow is the weekend but i shud wait like an idiot...

i will call again @ 2pm and demand a CHAPS i care not now

since monday 11th they have been gassing me senseless

This basically just confirms the OPs thread - started last year! As another poster already stated - amazing they're still around! (n)

i called again today and she said "the payment has been sent, we have had confirmation from the finance department that it has been sent."

she said "your bank must be holding the payment"...

(can someone shed some light on me as to why a company will be witholding funds from sending it to me/us?

how much money do they make from this, if this is the case... this is taking the bloody **** now.. i have waited literally 1 whole week for this £3,000... and she keeps telling me IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT, LIKE IM SOME IDIOT WHO DOESNT NO BACS DOES NOT TAKE NO LONGER THAN 2 DAYS...

Tell them that you feel you have no choice but to lodge a formal complaint.

Tell them that you also feel that they are breaching the FSA's TCF guidelines and will be contacting them to discuss your case.

Go ahead if they do not make payment immediately.

If they decide to balls it out, when they reject your complaint get on to the ombudsman.

When it's all done and dusted, whatever the outcome, close your account and move away from this bunch of monkeys.

i called again today and she said "the payment has been sent, we have had confirmation from the finance department that it has been sent."

she said "your bank must be holding the payment"...

(can someone shed some light on me as to why a company will be witholding funds from sending it to me/us?

how much money do they make from this, if this is the case... this is taking the bloody **** now.. i have waited literally 1 whole week for this £3,000... and she keeps telling me IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT, LIKE IM SOME IDIOT WHO DOESNT NO BACS DOES NOT TAKE NO LONGER THAN 2 DAYS...

i will do this 1st thing 2moro... as it is nearly 4pmGMT now... so they cant do no CHAPS payments to me ANYWAY :mad:

im not gonna tell them i am going to make a formal complaint with.through them... becoz then they will just take it down and say "yep, yep, yep, ok ok... we'll handle this" then nothing will get done...

i will just say if i dont receive a chaps payment of £3,000 i will be taking this further to the FSA Ombudsman with effective ....

im not gonna tell them i am going to make a formal complaint with.through them... becoz then they will just take it down and say "yep, yep, yep, ok ok... we'll handle this" then nothing will get done...

i will just say if i dont receive a chaps payment of £3,000 i will be taking this further to the FSA Ombudsman with effective ....

No SB, that is just the procedure. You have to complain to them first, then they have to consider it, furnish a response, then you can go to the Ombudsman if you're not happy.

pmsl... i sent worldspreads a very scriptive e-mail... (i will copy and paste wot i said in a minute...)

they obviously got scared... and guess wot? BY SOME STROKE OF CO-INCIDENCE... I NOW HAVE MY £3,000 IN MY ACCOUNT... AND GUESS WOT? ITS BEFORE 6PM LOOOOL!!!

SILLY COMPANY... THEY CAN F OFF!!!

CHEERS PAZIENZA EVEN THO U WERE VERBALLY ABUSING ME EARLIER ON ~_~

this is what i wrote...:

With regards to the above account.

On Monday 11th, I requested for a CHAPS Withdrawal to my bank account of £3,000. I was informed it had been sent by BACS instead of CHAPS, whereby this was the first error Worldspreads has done. I have then, everyday checked my bank account to find there is no payment received from Worldspreads for £3,000, and I have called numerous amount of times, with the same answer, "the payment has been sent".

I know the banking system and I know that anyone would have received their payment by now if it had actually been sent as 8 days have gone by.

I have spoken to various people who have had a Worldspreads accounts and the same situation has happened with them. This is highly unacceptable. This is my official complaint and I would like this to be escalated effectively.

If I do not receive my CHAPS Withdrawal payment by the close of business today, 19th/07/2011, I will be forced to take this matter to the highest point of the FSA Ombudman regarding a breach in Worldspreads FSA TCF.

I look forward to your prompt response and resolution on this matter.

Regards,

(name)
Account ID: *******

Good for you (y).

this is what i wrote...:

With regards to the above account.

On Monday 11th, I requested for a CHAPS Withdrawal to my bank account of £3,000. I was informed it had been sent by BACS instead of CHAPS, whereby this was the first error Worldspreads has done. I have then, everyday checked my bank account to find there is no payment received from Worldspreads for £3,000, and I have called numerous amount of times, with the same answer, "the payment has been sent".

I know the banking system and I know that anyone would have received their payment by now if it had actually been sent as 8 days have gone by.

I have spoken to various people who have had a Worldspreads accounts and the same situation has happened with them. This is highly unacceptable. This is my official complaint and I would like this to be escalated effectively.

If I do not receive my CHAPS Withdrawal payment by the close of business today, 19th/07/2011, I will be forced to take this matter to the highest point of the FSA Ombudman regarding a breach in Worldspreads FSA TCF.

I look forward to your prompt response and resolution on this matter.

Regards,

(name)
Account ID: *******