Competitions - ideas please

I don't think it should be too time consuming unless the prizes are massive.
The S&P comp ( which I started and then taken over by robster and Atilla ) is a few minutes work at the weekend to finish at the end of the week. The rest of the week is the serious business of making real money.

I remember that Dow comp. Used to be about 50 competitors regularly.

With 12 pairs that's 12 points a day up for grabs. I do that many anyway every day.

I imagine there may soon be an explorer for face book. A playground for criminals too with all that info.

Thanks for everything so far. Regular and simple without taking too much time seems to be the key.

Bragging rights are obviously a prize in themselves but I do agree we'll need something else. The problem I always have with prizes is that they don't look insulting, the flipside is that we don't have a massive budget to pay for the big hitter prizes.

That's my problem of course but what do you think? For a simple league type of comp what would be about right for say the monthly, quarterly winners?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for everything so far. Regular and simple without taking too much time seems to be the key.

Bragging rights are obviously a prize in themselves but I do agree we'll need something else. The problem I always have with prizes is that they don't look insulting, the flipside is that we don't have a massive budget to pay for the big hitter prizes.

That's my problem of course but what do you think? For a simple league type of comp what would be about right for say the monthly, quarterly winners?

details put under avatar ?
cost nothing

No, it's true. Some of them supply useful innovative tools. Vendors and vendors as we know.

Trouble is - last comp I took part in here turned into a personality competition.

You know - submit your trade and T2W team will judge it.... then it was "oooh - this is a bit hard, let's change the rules and let the members judge it".

I think only 1 member actually posted a trade in real time as it was happening.

So competition wise, T2W has somewhat shot itself in the foot because the first chick that comes along with a foxy voice (who also does not contribute to the forum) will get all the votes. Also - sort of screws up the process if you get your mates to join T2W just to vote for you.

Next time, I'll just get the missus to enter and post a picture of her new t!ts - she'll win by a landslide.

Trouble is - last comp I took part in here turned into a personality competition.

You know - submit your trade and T2W team will judge it.... then it was "oooh - this is a bit hard, let's change the rules and let the members judge it".

Well, just to be clear, mods didn't get to judge last time

I think only 1 member actually posted a trade in real time as it was happening.

So competition wise, T2W has somewhat shot itself in the foot because the first chick that comes along with a foxy voice (who also does not contribute to the forum) will get all the votes. Also - sort of screws up the process if you get your mates to join T2W just to vote for you.

Next time, I'll just get the missus to enter and post a picture of her new t!ts - she'll win by a landslide.

That may have happened last time:LOL:

Come on DT, how many times to you want me to admit that we got some things wrong? I read all that stuff that went on between you both and I can certainly see where you are coming from. All I can really say is that it will not happen on my watch but you'll have to trust me on that one.

We have to start somewhere.

Have a great weekend.

Yadda yadda yadda and my guess is that nothing will happen.

Just as a matter of interest, Steve, would it be possible to hire a thread ? which is open to all, but only today's page is visible to members plus. The Plus would be a small fee for maintenance on a 50/50 basis etc.

Coming to think of it, if T2W wants more revenue that would be a great idea as in letting out surplus office space.

Last edited:
"Yadda yadda yadda and my guess is that nothing will happen".

Based on what Pat494?

"Yadda yadda yadda and my guess is that nothing will happen".

Based on what Pat494?

Well you haven't answered my questions above for instance but human nature in general I suppose.
I am trying to make a bit extra for T2W and a crumb or two for yours truly. If you don't like the idea say so ?