Comments relating to The Expert and his threads

Re: How To Trade: Full Stop

interesting that the "seconder" and "thirder" have a history of just 7 posts between them

is the DyckHed getting so desperate he's creating phony IDs so he can "invite" himself to stay ?

I am considering leaving this site, but, I will consider staying if twelve people ask me to stay.

TE

And if 24 people tell you b*gger off, will you do that, please?

For that should be fairly easy to arrange. :LOL:

Lord I thank you for everything,
For you have been (mostly) caring
But there is a complaint
After all I ain't a saint
Please Lord, no more of this nutcase's babbling

And if 24 people tell you b*gger off, will you do that, please?

For that should be fairly easy to arrange. :LOL:

That gets my vote !!

score so far:

GO: 2
STAY: 3

anyone else care to cast their vote ?

I'll be also the one that says you should stay.

By the way for those who don't want to read his replays, and this thread - don't read it...;)
Even if I don't understand always what TE says (maybe because of my English, or because of his methods...) I’m not saying that i know everything, and everyone is stupid, I’m always open to new methods to add to my trading arsenal, to improve my trading.

Even if we assume that TE is only here to talk and show how smart he is, and he is not trading or trading profitable, that doesn't mean that some of his ideas can't be used by others to make money, to improve their trading :cool:

Look for example at teachers, professors at universities (maybe in English speaking countries situation is different, I don't know, or maybe I has such experience) - when someone teaches you for example management or marketing - that doesn't mean he makes from it money... But does that mean that this knowledge can't be used in practice profitable? When I was a student a few times I asked my professor to advice me with some problems in practice concerning what he was teaching, guess what - he couldn't!! Because all his knowledge was from books, not from practice.
Have a great day to all
Alex

Is TE threatening to flounce off? How funny.

Don't care if he stays or goes tbh. So please register one vote for ... **** end.

Hi avasfx,
We would be interested in knowing, which bits of information, from "the expert" you found useful.

I'll be also the one that says you should stay.

By the way for those who don't want to read his replays, and this thread - don't read it...;)
Even if I don't understand always what TE says (maybe because of my English, or because of his methods...) I’m not saying that i know everything, and everyone is stupid, I’m always open to new methods to add to my trading arsenal, to improve my trading.

Even if we assume that TE is only here to talk and show how smart he is, and he is not trading or trading profitable, that doesn't mean that some of his ideas can't be used by others to make money, to improve their trading :cool:

Look for example at teachers, professors at universities (maybe in English speaking countries situation is different, I don't know, or maybe I has such experience) - when someone teaches you for example management or marketing - that doesn't mean he makes from it money... But does that mean that this knowledge can't be used in practice profitable? When I was a student a few times I asked my professor to advice me with some problems in practice concerning what he was teaching, guess what - he couldn't!! Because all his knowledge was from books, not from practice.
Have a great day to all
Alex

While TE may be entertaining and some people may even find him educational, my vote is that he goes... I hate arrogance and flashing smileys.

I just feel a bit sorry for the poor buggers who are gonna stumble across it in years to come. See that its a big thread with a provocative title, and trawl through about 100 pages of nothing! lol.
Yes, good point TL.
I've had it in the back of my mind for a while now to move the thread to the The Foyer in the 'Lounge' category which goes some way towards addressing the problem. If TE or his disciples can put forward a sound argument for leaving it where it is - i.e. by providing some evidence - any evidence in fact - that it makes a genuine effort to deliver on the promise implied in the title - then fair enough - it can stay put. As it is, it's clearly not about trading anymore and, as far as I can tell, never really was. But perhaps that's because I'm too stupid or unwilling to help myself to see what's really in it. If that's the case, I can console myself that I'm not the only one! I know DT and (I think) Charlton say they've been exploring new avenues as a result of reading TE's posts, but it strikes me that any progress they may be making is a consequence of their own efforts and can't be attributed to anything specific that TE has posted. On that basis, someone could, in theory, develop their trading skills having read a post in the 'Joke of the Day' thread. Having said all that, I would be delighted if someone can prove me wrong and quote great trading insights and pearls of wisdom that will be of benefit to current and future subscribers to the thread. In which case, not only can it stay where it is, I'll consider including it in the forum's 'Best Threads' Sticky. Can't say fairer than that can I!
;)
Tim.

but it strikes me that any progress they may be making is a consequence of their own efforts and can't be attributed to anything specific that TE has posted. On that basis, someone could, in theory, develop their trading skills having read a post in the 'Joke of the Day' thread.

LOL, Thats exactly what i was thinking!
I was contemplating starting my own TE type thread calling myself 'trading God' or something, and seeing how many followers i could get, and was just gonna post clips from my brothers old science books, and throw in the odd random riddle and see what kind of reaction i got! I know people would be begging me to stay and arguing with whoever told me to 'sod off', lol. Would have been funny but not worth the effort.

Except for DT everyone else wanting him to stay has less than a handful of posts. Either something smells funny or he really can brainwash newbie traders...in which case he would truly be an expert just not as a trader.

Peter

Except for DT everyone else wanting him to stay has less than a handful of posts. Either something smells funny or he really can brainwash newbie traders...in which case he would truly be an expert just not as a trader.

Peter

yep, there are 3 now, with a total of 13 posts between them .....

and DT is only supporting TE 'cos he's delirious & hallucinating after so many New-Born sleepless nights. Get a grip mate !!

... I would be delighted if someone can prove me wrong and quote great trading insights and pearls of wisdom that will be of benefit to current and future subscribers to the thread. In which case, not only can it stay where it is, I'll consider including it in the forum's 'Best Threads' Sticky. Can't say fairer than that can I!
;)
Tim.

Buy low, sell hi. :LOL:

Peter

Yes, good point TL.
I've had it in the back of my mind for a while now to move the thread to the The Foyer in the 'Lounge' category which goes some way towards addressing the problem. If TE or his disciples can put forward a sound argument for leaving it where it is - i.e. by providing some evidence - any evidence in fact - that it makes a genuine effort to deliver on the promise implied in the title - then fair enough - it can stay put. As it is, it's clearly not about trading anymore and, as far as I can tell, never really was. But perhaps that's because I'm too stupid or unwilling to help myself to see what's really in it. If that's the case, I can console myself that I'm not the only one! I know DT and (I think) Charlton say they've been exploring new avenues as a result of reading TE's posts, but it strikes me that any progress they may be making is a consequence of their own efforts and can't be attributed to anything specific that TE has posted. On that basis, someone could, in theory, develop their trading skills having read a post in the 'Joke of the Day' thread. Having said all that, I would be delighted if someone can prove me wrong and quote great trading insights and pearls of wisdom that will be of benefit to current and future subscribers to the thread. In which case, not only can it stay where it is, I'll consider including it in the forum's 'Best Threads' Sticky. Can't say fairer than that can I!
;)
Tim.

TE thread's a wind-up isn't it? Nevertheless it's very entertaining and is excellent training for anyone needing practice in sorting out what/who is worth listening to - a valuable skill in playing markets which offer so much conflicting information.

I am considering leaving this site, but, I will consider staying if twelve people ask me to stay.

Why 12 ?

I am surprised so many people say they want you to leave as they have all had a great deal of (at worst), entertainment.

Anyway I am with DT and would like you to stay

Paul

I'd like to clarify, actually...

I don't necessarily want you to leave, TE... I just want you to stop being an arrogant pr1ck and also to stop using the annoying flashing smileys.