colour charts

Isn't this method just a variation of a candle cross over a MA? If so, do you really need the colour changes?

This method will be good in directional, low noise markets - at all other times you will get clobbered.

Isn't this method just a variation of a candle cross over a MA? If so, do you really need the colour changes?

This method will be good in directional, low noise markets - at all other times you will get clobbered.

Yes its a moving average and heiken ashi candles, thats all. The MA changes colour depending on whether it is rising or falling based on the settings you enter.The HA changes colour based on its standard calculations. In other words its nothing new, the point of the thread was to show that paying for stuff like this is a waste of money because you can create the same thing for free in tradestation.

Of course you are totally correct in your assertion about usefulness.

Here is the file, you can mess about with the formatting to alter how quickly it changes from red to blue etc.

Hi
is it possible to post the ELD code as txt file?
please help by posting it as txt
ELD-we guys users of metastock or amibroker,cant open or see the contents
thanks for sharing the info.
regards
rv

ps
is therea way to convert ELD file into txt format?

Hi
is it possible to post the ELD code as txt file?
please help by posting it as txt
ELD-we guys users of metastock or amibroker,cant open or see the contents
thanks for sharing the info.
regards
rv

ps
is therea way to convert ELD file into txt format?

I wrote the code posted on page 1 of this thread but I no longer use Tradestation so I cant open it myself. Try posting it in the following section and ask someone to copy/paste it into a text file for you, should be a 2 second job.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tradestation/

HA

Code:
Input: period(8);

Condition1 = close > value1 ;
Condition2 = close < value1 ;

{ OPTIONAL STEP: Replace HIGH and LOW with your own formulas for the high and low 
  prices of the PaintBar.  Note that Value1 and Value2 are numeric variables, temporary 
  holding places for the results of the numeric formulas. }

Value1 = average(close,8)[3] ;
Value2 = 10925 ;

{ Leave the following as is.  The plot is not named because there is only one PaintBar 
  plot - with two sub-plots - and the default names Plot1, Plot2 will be adequate.  The 
  alert does not include a description because the alerting criteria and the plotting 
  criteria are the same, and the description will be redundant. }

if Condition1 then
	begin
	PlotPaintBar( high, low, open, close, "range", Blue, default, 3  ) ;
	end ;
if condition2 then
	begin
		PlotPaintBar( high, low, open, close, "range", Red, default, 3  ) ;
	Alert ;

end ;

plot5(value1,"TTWHA");

Color Charts

Code:
[LegacyColorValue = true]; 

inputs: Price(Close), Length(10), BarsBack(3), UpColor(blue), DownColor(red),Displace( 0 ) ; 
var: AvgExp( 0 ); 

AvgExp = XAverage( Price, Length ) ; 

if AvgExp > AvgExp[BarsBack] then setplotcolor(1,UpColor); 
if AvgExp < AvgExp[BarsBack] then setplotcolor(1,DownColor); 

Plot1[Displace]( AvgExp, "AvgExp" ) ;

I'm just trying to figure out what this code is saying in layman's language. Is the gravity line part of it (second bit of code) basically a 10 period ema which turns blue when the current 10ema value is greater than the 10ema 3 bars back (which includes the current period), and turns red when the current 10ema value is less than the 10ema 3 periods back?

As for the colour charts bit (first bit of code), is it something like when the price closes above the 8 period moving average, again from 3 periods back, the colour is blue, and visa versa for red?

If anybody has the proper explanation of what these are, rather than just the code, that would be useful.

Thanks.

I'm just trying to figure out what this code is saying in layman's language. Is the gravity line part of it (second bit of code) basically a 10 period ema which turns blue when the current 10ema value is greater than the 10ema 3 bars back (which includes the current period), and turns red when the current 10ema value is less than the 10ema 3 periods back?

As for the colour charts bit (first bit of code), is it something like when the price closes above the 8 period moving average, again from 3 periods back, the colour is blue, and visa versa for red?

If anybody has the proper explanation of what these are, rather than just the code, that would be useful.

Thanks.

The second bit of code just colours the MA red or green depending on whether its going up or down. So your explanation is pretty much spot on.

The first bit of code is just the standard way to calculate Heiken Ashi candles.

The second bit of code just colours the MA red or green depending on whether its going up or down. So your explanation is pretty much spot on.

The first bit of code is just the standard way to calculate Heiken Ashi candles.

Hi Friends

I feel that I missed the code for following part of concept.
Can somebody post eld text code to achieve this end please

concept
tick count,in upper half of a bar, in lower half of a bar,comparison,giving bar colour baswed on tick count

rules (as seen by P boyles)

bars turn blue or red in relation to a moving average which is based on the wieght of the price relative to the high or low.
Meaning, if, for a particular bar, the prices 'tick count' is around the lower half of the bar, than the top half, it will turn red. if there is more activity in the top half than the bottom, it turns blue.
I m not sure how this average is writtin in code, but i do know it goes something like the difference between the number of ticks (regardless of time period) above the open (or top half of bar) and the bottom half (or lower than the open).

ticks above open price and ticks below the open price seem to dominate the color scene.

thanks
rv

hi options thing here is irrelevant.
got anything on color charts then post it

As its name implies, MarketNeutralOptions is an advisory service site specializing in options trading. It focuses on the Iron Condor and Double Diagonal options trading strategies and tracks and provides trade recommendations on the exchange traded funds (ETF). It is the only option advisory service outfit that we know of which makes the bulk of its income based on the performance of its advice.

On a related subject, I see this broker is offering TradeStation free (excl exchange fees) for three months if you open and fund an account by the end of Feb '11.