College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now I have a hedge situation where there is a sell from the other day and a buy from today so there will be at least one good result. :)

Ok, the hedge broke and I got +40 pips again. :clap: This now made up for the loss last week. I also got 2 trades at 15 pips a piece that closed and needing just two more to make up for that loss.
I needed 80 pips, I got now 120 pips. I normally would only go after two 40-pip trades but because there was a hedge situation, I didn't want to go down on the leverage. Now, I went back down on the risk and just waiting for the last trade to close out, hopefully in profit. It's not out of hot water yet. :|

Don't worry, if it gets really bad he'll just start another account.

Don't worry, if it gets really bad he'll just start another account.

There won't be a start over with this system. If it doesn't work, "that's all she wrote" with this.
I have another system I'm working on so you can complain and gawk at.

The test really hasn't gone on long enough to figure out the rules I will implement. On the demo I will just let it run but on a live account I may let it ride until the equity gets to 15% and than cut all open trades off. Or I may cut all open trades off at the end of every month.

I don't understand what's going on. Do you have 28 open trades?

0cBAk.png

jMGMo.png

Yet claim this?

XgSHY.png

I don't understand what's going on. Do you have 28 open trades?

0cBAk.png

jMGMo.png

Yet claim this?

XgSHY.png

Indeed. There hasn't been a loss yet so the DD remains zero. That's not the point however as all that matters is the equity. If I were to cut all open trades down now, equity would be a smooth 21.5% for a month and 11 days or so. And, if I shut down all open trades on the 16th (which would have been 1 month of trading) the equity would have been 18.5%. With closing all open trades at that point the equity could have grown past where it is now.

There is no way to back-test this system as I am trading about 20 currencies. I am risking about .10 cents a pip per $1000 in the account balance. If there would be a loss it would only be 5% per bad trade. Go ahead and pick it apart. ;) Any ideas?

Just to get this straight: you're claiming a profit of $747, yet have an open loss of $525. So if you flattened everything you'd really be +$222?

Just going to watch something but back to read all of your post.

Just to get this straight: you're claiming a profit of $747, yet have an open loss of $525. So if you flattened everything you'd really be +$222?

Just going to watch something but back to read all of your post.

Yes, it would be about +21.36% for the trading thus far. I don't care about the balance but the equity is more important.

Dont worry...when the volume picks up in january s180group fund will be back on track...I believe your system in the S180group fund needs volume to be profitable. Do you think that you should look into shutting down your system on those days with high impacting news? I would think that changing sentiment do to news would skew the reliability of the S180group fund profit.

I think that on reflection trading through the holidays might have been better avoided.

Last year this system plowed through December and January. I have seen tight spots throughout the year so I really don't think Christmas has anything to do with it. I did get three 40-pip wins as well. Yes, for my system to work there needs to be traders out there and the three or so days this past week there just were no traders until yesterday.

You could backtest it easily, just plonk your data in excel.

Is there any logic to cutting losers "after a month", I can't think of anything convincing, and would think there would be a much better solution.

Ok, I got the third out of four 15-pip trades back from the loss last week.:)

I'm still needing two 40-pip trades and one more 15-pip trade and that will get me back from the losses. (y)

You could backtest it easily, just plonk your data in excel.

Humm, I'd have to figure out the best way to do that.

Is there any logic to cutting losers "after a month", I can't think of anything convincing, and would think there would be a much better solution.

The logic would be that at the end of a month I'm up over 15%, take my profits and run. The open trades could be potential looses which would take away from my profits down the road. And now that would leave new opportunities for new good set-ups. If you notice on the Duration tab that the majority of the trades closed in under four days and most of the remaining close in under eight days leaving just a few good trades closing in 8-16 days.

Example: Lets say the EURUSD made a buy just before the market began to fall. Also, let's say I just reached 18% after 30 days and cut off all trades including the what-would-be looser. Now the EURUSD is only making sells as it is in a nice bearish trend.

By the way, I've seen where even a trade that becomes a loser and loses 5%, while the market is going against the trade, several good trades happen. I've seen up to 10 good trades. Basically while losing 5% it can get 2-3% back.

Where did these 15 pip winners come from, I thought it was 40, breakeven or -250. Is this a manual adjustment you have made because of the increase in stakes to compensate for the recent losers?

Where did these 15 pip winners come from, I thought it was 40, breakeven or -250. Is this a manual adjustment you have made because of the increase in stakes to compensate for the recent losers?

No, my system uses two charts, one is looking for 40 pips the other is after 15 pips. If they both go down at once, then they must independently catch up by increased leverage. 250 is not the SL.

Tell us about the fund which is using your system.

Just basic things such as: how they came about your system, their progress with it etc.

No, my system uses two charts, one is looking for 40 pips the other is after 15 pips. If they both go down at once, then they must independently catch up by increased leverage. 250 is not the SL.

Ahh had not noticed the 15 pipers before, tell me is the sl for both setups 225(my bad for saying 250 before) or has the 15 pip system not had any loses?

Ahh had not noticed the 15 pipers before, tell me is the sl for both setups 225(my bad for saying 250 before) or has the 15 pip system not had any loses?

Yes, both sl at 225. The 15 pip system does have occasional losses but much fewer than the 40-pip system. Just a couple of weeks ago there was a loss with the 15 pip system (the hr chart). I have since made back 3 out of the 4 trades needed to get all loss back.

There was another trade made today on the hour chart but it is still open. That trade is after 15 pips. Should that close in profit, I can reduce risk to original 5% or so and be back on track.