College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just noticed the 0815 GBPUSD trade that was opened on 12/05/2011 closed at 1.5572. How did this happen as your published settings for the 0815 trade are set for a profit target of 40 pips. The trade closed at 29.2 pips profit. Are you manually closing your trades?

No, sometimes, for whatever reason, the EA closes it out early. It doesn't happen very often. I have two systems that either TP at 40 or 15 pips but not 30 so that is just an EA error. :|

No, sometimes, for whatever reason, the EA closes it out early. It doesn't happen very often. I have two systems that either TP at 40 or 15 pips but not 30 so that is just an EA error. :|

Hmmmm that was convenient!! I wish my EA had done the same...now the same trade is currently down $10.33 and not looking too promising.

Hmmmm that was convenient!! I wish my EA had done the same...now the same trade is currently down $10.33 and not looking too promising.

I have four accounts and the trade that opened at 12-5, three closed out. Two closed out at 30 pips, one closed out with 40 pips and one is still open like yours. The $2M account just got lucky. On 12-6 18:30, the GBP dipped down just close enough to get 40 pips. It was very close and the spread kept the still-open trade from closing.

Anyway, you are not the only one with an open trade. Currently that one is -125 pips. I have a friend who also has the same trade open. Last night it dipped to -143. That may be open for awhile until the GBP decides to dive like the "pros" forecast it may.

You can watch a clip on what they have to say.

watch a clip

My guess, today's news for the USD at 8:30 eastern will help the GBP decide where to go.

Ok, now that long trade is officially closed out in profit. :clap:

Today opened two trades for 15 and 40 pips. :clap:

Because some of you had one open trade from last week you probably just had one trade open for 15 pips today. That's ok, still all in profit. :clap:

Ok, now that long trade is officially closed out in profit. :clap:

Today opened two trades for 15 and 40 pips. :clap:

Because some of you had one open trade from last week you probably just had one trade open for 15 pips today. That's ok, still all in profit. :clap:

(y) Yep looks like the pros prediction for cable were correct. My trade from the 5th came in from the cold and gave me 40 pips. You have previously said that you will continue trading this system through the Xmas holiday period. Is this still your intention?

(y) Yep looks like the pros prediction for cable were correct. My trade from the 5th came in from the cold and gave me 40 pips. You have previously said that you will continue trading this system through the Xmas holiday period. Is this still your intention?

Yes, my system seems to plow through this month just like any other month. I have reduced my risk until January simply because this is my first December using the system but I am still trading straight though this month.

Yes, my system seems to plow through this month just like any other month. I have reduced my risk until January simply because this is my first December using the system but I am still trading straight though this month.

What risk percentage have you reduced down to?

Ok, I got my 42 pips for the day. :clap:

I'm still waiting on that on-going usdjpy that's been open for days. :|

Over-all still a good month so far.

Two more trades opened up last night but they are still open so just waiting atm. :sleep:

The GBP is deciding whether to get weaker than it already is.

Well, I am dead-locked with two sells and one buy so at least one of them will be profitable.

So far this month is up 12.4% with not too much expectation because of the holiday season.

tkbieber,

After briefly looking at this thread I was going to watch with interest and wish you all the best, your growth chart on myfxbook looks impresive as well.

HOWEVER

Then I noticed that you have lots per trade as private, not a problem easy to work out with the info available.

On the other hand keeping your open trades private raises some quesions regarding your performance.

For all we know you have several trades running at a loss wipeing out all your gains or worse still a trade that you have allowed to go beyond 250 pips loss.

So unless the open trades were to be made visible I would have to say that you will blow up.

If the reason for keeping open trades private is so that trades can not be piggy backed by others, then you can take a screenshot of your myfxbook page once a week showing us the performance including the open trades.

All the best.

tkbieber,

After briefly looking at this thread I was going to watch with interest and wish you all the best, your growth chart on myfxbook looks impresive as well.

HOWEVER

Then I noticed that you have lots per trade as private, not a problem easy to work out with the info available.

On the other hand keeping your open trades private raises some quesions regarding your performance.

For all we know you have several trades running at a loss wipeing out all your gains or worse still a trade that you have allowed to go beyond 250 pips loss.

So unless the open trades were to be made visible I would have to say that you will blow up.

If the reason for keeping open trades private is so that trades can not be piggy backed by others, then you can take a screenshot of your myfxbook page once a week showing us the performance including the open trades.

All the best.

Yes, this has been hashed out previously. Yes, I am not a signal service and care not about handing out piggy-back rides. :)

Actually, the stop loss is not the issue as much as percent in DD. Example, I can have a 1,000 pip SL and be in DD of 5% when it goes -999 or I can have a SL of 100 pips and have a DD of 25% when it goes to -99. Take a look at the equity against the balance. In theory, yes, I could have a trade more than -225 pips but if the equity only shows -12% with currently a max DD of 14.84%, than that is really what counts. But no, if a trade hits -225, she's out! ;)

It's all about leverage and leverage dictates DD more than SL. ;)