Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi enragedcow,
nice name.

We launched our next generation platform in Australia last week. I do not know exactly when you will get your new platform but it should only be a few weeks. You can speak to Chris Smith at our Auckland office and he will let you know. but it will be soon.
Glad you are happy client. Many thanks for taking the time to post.
Good luck in the Rugby world cup, may the best team come second (after England)

cheers pc

hi peter

i trade CFDs from New Zealand through CMC markets, very happy client

are you guys planning to upgrade the CFD platform to be like the spread betting platform being discussed here?

Hi Trillionaire,
New chart upgrades coming soon.
have not had any complains about web site crashing and logging people out.
last two weeks we have had record turn over on next gen, in fact one day we did over five times our normal volume on it. Any problems you can call support desk to help you. might be your browser but no reason why you cannot trade with us.

cheers pc

Hi PC,

I am interested in scalping the FTSE and I have read CMC allow this? I have logged into my CMC account and found the charts difficult to view and use and more importantly the website keeps crashing /logging me out? Whilst Finspreads and IG in particular remain stable?

Your thoughts would be welcome.

Hi truth seeker,

firstly I will ignore your question about whether we close off winning clients as it is not a serious question for this company. You might experience this behaviour in the past but not from us and it will never happen.

Hi Peter

His question was about a delay happened on the demo platform after he had a winning streak , do you have anything like that on the live platform , that was the question , it is not about closing winners accounts .

Hi Trillionaire,
New chart upgrades coming soon.
have not had any complains about web site crashing and logging people out.
last two weeks we have had record turn over on next gen, in fact one day we did over five times our normal volume on it. Any problems you can call support desk to help you. might be your browser but no reason why you cannot trade with us.

cheers pc

re logging people out : This was mentioned here many times , and many posters have complained about it here , from my own experience you will be logged out from google chrome , firefox , IE as well but it takes longer time to be logged out from IE compared to google chrome .

hi tar,
the answer is still the same. no we have no way of manipulating the platform against anybody regardless of whether they are winners or losers on demo or live. . I am not sure why truth seeker had problems placing trade on demo system. it appears to be been only one trade. what happened after that. was it just a one off. would be interested to know.
Like I said, also we did five times more business than our normal trade day and last two weeks we have had enormous uplift on live account trades.

Just launched, Australia and Singapore and other countries coming very soon.

thanks for your post
Peter

Hi Peter

His question was about a delay happened on the demo platform after he had a winning streak , do you have anything like that on the live platform , that was the question , it is not about closing winners accounts .

hi tar,
it is true the browser logs you out, I use google chrome and it is worst on that than IE.
We have got a fix coming and hopefully will be here in next two weeks.

tks peter

re logging people out : This was mentioned here many times , and many posters have complained about it here , from my own experience you will be logged out from google chrome , firefox , IE as well but it takes longer time to be logged out from IE compared to google chrome .

I trade live on their new platform, in profit at the moment, execution seems to be great and quick. Only had one instance when trading GBP/USD seemed to hang for a little longer than usual, but it was within 1 minute of the data coming out of the US
Friday afternoon, so that would probably explain it.

I still use the charts with Oanda as my strategy is purely based on drawing lines on the charts, so need to be to the pip acurate. I find when I change the chart to a lower timescale, the lines are along way off where they should be with CMC. Magnetic trendlines would be very helpful! Looking forward to the new release with the charts.

Over all I am extremely happy with CMC, spreads are fantastic for my type of trading, plus I actually seem to trust them, which makes a nice change. Will be doing the maximum bets sizes with them soon, so if they are the same as doing the small sizes, then great!!!

Looking forward to CMC helping me make plenty of money ;-) haha

Only had one instance when trading GBP/USD seemed to hang for a little longer than usual, but it was within 1 minute of the data coming out of the US

mmm , keep us updated

I have to say, I have never ever traded after a news event with any SB company, broker, ECN that hasn't taken slightly longer than usual.

I have to say, I have never ever traded after a news event with any SB company, broker, ECN that hasn't taken slightly longer than usual.

The new platform shouldn't operate that way , anyway keep us updated when u trade big size , thanks .

Hi truth seeker,

firstly I will ignore your question about whether we close off winning clients as it is not a serious question for this company. You might experience this behaviour in the past but not from us and it will never happen.

Natural gas I just checked on our web site. The close price is 4,076 - 4,096.
hope that helps peter

thanks Peter

Peter,

Please don't ignore my question as it was a valid one, and there's no point in getting defensive, we both know CMC from the older platform was renowned for holding trades and referring to dealer for the winners, it happened to me many times I actually gave up trading with you, and I know every other trader who used the Market Maker platform who were winners trading over £10pp who had experienced delayed trades with market orders, but let's not go there, I'm hoping that this new version has changed.

Here's a link on a review for the CMC from a few years back:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/broker-reviews/108498-cmc-markets.html

What is the timer that appeared on the order ticket as I executed the trade? As I said, the other prices were updating as usual so it's not a connection issue.
Talking about connection issues, why is it that your platform kicks you off after a certain amount of time and you have to re-log back in, really tiresome and annoying especially as when a set up appears and ypou've been logged out. Why do you have this in place and can you change it to either never being logged off or if you have to time the platform usage change it to every three hours?

Can I ask you this though, when I win a trade who's money is it I'm winning? Am I winning CMC's own money because you make the market?

Hi Big in the city,

Many thanks for being a client and for taking the time to post your views here. very much appreciated.

The ticket sizes are there so we can quote you during all market conditions and execute without requotes. we are working on making the ticket sizes bigger. will get back to you on that one.

If you follow our daily typical spreads that we publish weekly you will see that we maintain tight spreads throughout the day. you can find daily typical spreads on our web site as well as our head line spreads.

really pleased you are happy with the platform. Please keep us posted on this forum about your experiences when you trade bigger sizes. any problems let me know and I will try and sort them for you personally.

remember you should understand the risks of trading before you trade. if you need any support or advice please call our support desk.
good luck with your trading and I hope you make lots of money.

regards Peter

I trade live on their new platform, in profit at the moment, execution seems to be great and quick. Only had one instance when trading GBP/USD seemed to hang for a little longer than usual, but it was within 1 minute of the data coming out of the US

I still use the charts with Oanda as my strategy is purely based on drawing lines on the charts, so need to be to the pip acurate. I find when I change the chart to a lower timescale, the lines are along way off where they should be with CMC. Magnetic trendlines would be very helpful! Looking forward to the new release with the charts.

Over all I am extremely happy with CMC, spreads are fantastic for my type of trading, plus I actually seem to trust them, which makes a nice change. Will be doing the maximum bets sizes with them soon, so if they are the same as doing the small sizes, then great!!!

Looking forward to CMC helping me make plenty of money ;-) haha

Hi PC,

You have been great in answering questions, considering it can be a winless task at times.

However Truthseeker's Question "Can I ask you this though, when I win a trade who's money is it I'm winning? Am I winning CMC's own money because you make the market?" is valid and I would like your response to it?

dear truth seeker,

I have said it before and I say it again.
There is no policy at CMC to stop winning clients trading with us there never has been and there never will be.

If you have ticket issues, it can be all sorts of issues, your browser, the connection, disruption on the line. last week some days we did five times our normal business. I do not know but I suspect from time to time there have been some delays but remember you are working across a public net work. The time out issues as I have said many times on this forum is a browser issue. In particular Chrome times you out. we have a fix in for this. it is not us and we do not want to disconnect our clients we want them connected because we want them to trade.

If you spread bet technically all your winnings come from us all your losses go to us.
Because you are betting with a book maker. we need a book makers licence to offer spread betting.

Behind the trades we have multiple hedges in place. in reality we do not win on every trade because a lot of our business is non-marketable amounts. remember if you trade ftse index contract at say £1 pp this is not a marketable amount so we have to aggregate it before we can hedge it so we might win or lose in the interim period.

at the end of the day all you need to worry about as a spread better is whether the market is going up or down. it is your view on the market. if you are getting a good price from your provider then all you have to worry about is how to make money.

Hope that helps.
cheers Peter

Peter,

Please don't ignore my question as it was a valid one, and there's no point in getting defensive, we both know CMC from the older platform was renowned for holding trades and referring to dealer for the winners, it happened to me many times I actually gave up trading with you, and I know every other trader who used the Market Maker platform who were winners trading over £10pp who had experienced delayed trades with market orders, but let's not go there, I'm hoping that this new version has changed.

Here's a link on a review for the CMC from a few years back:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/broker-reviews/108498-cmc-markets.html

What is the timer that appeared on the order ticket as I executed the trade? As I said, the other prices were updating as usual so it's not a connection issue.
Talking about connection issues, why is it that your platform kicks you off after a certain amount of time and you have to re-log back in, really tiresome and annoying especially as when a set up appears and ypou've been logged out. Why do you have this in place and can you change it to either never being logged off or if you have to time the platform usage change it to every three hours?

Can I ask you this though, when I win a trade who's money is it I'm winning? Am I winning CMC's own money because you make the market?

Dear trillionaire,

please see my reply on thread 2477

any other questions let me know.

regards Peter

Hi PC,

You have been great in answering questions, considering it can be a winless task at times.

However Truthseeker's Question "Can I ask you this though, when I win a trade who's money is it I'm winning? Am I winning CMC's own money because you make the market?" is valid and I would like your response to it?

I read the reply above me, thanks PC. Your doing CMC proud and improving their image (I've reused a redundant account with CMC after being with IG - a big fan of their platform), though I hope the "little fixes" don't a take a little too long.

Though I do wonder how you can hedge if someone is scalping at £100pp as one friend claims he does (with another broker).

Hi Trillionaire,

We have invested a lot of money in our platform and there is a lot more to come. we have lots more releases to come and we know we have to improve on charts and some other things but it is important to me and to the team here that we continue to improve.
We have become a very technology driven business and that is our focus going forwards.

It is easier to edge bigger business than smaller business because we can just direct it straight through to an exchange or bank (for forex) smaller stuff we cannot do that on so we have to aggregate it.

By the way I love this forum, it really helps me stay in touch and although some of the postings can be unhelpful generally the people that view this site want to ask serious questions and give advice. I enjoy it and the advice I get is free (even the advice about where I can put my business) :cheesy:

tks pc

I read the reply above me, thanks PC. Your doing CMC proud and improving their image (I've reused a redundant account with CMC after being with IG - a big fan of their platform), though I hope the "little fixes" don't a take a little too long.

Though I do wonder how you can hedge if someone is scalping at £100pp as one friend claims he does (with another broker).

Status
Not open for further replies.