Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gle101

Nice to hear from you again.
Yes lots of positive things happening with next gen it is good to be back in the game big time with new technology and execution algos.
We have not been asked too much about trade exports into spread sheets and it is not on the short term agenda. However, we have big release coming up soon so once that is out of the way we can look at this.
Next gen is due to go live in Sweden later in the year. We launched Australia last weekend so the process has begun.

hope you are well.
regards Peter
Ok, sounds good, thanks a lot.

Hey Peter,

You were a bit quiet with this iPad specific next gen launch.. is it different to what you launched in Frankfurt in May because it' s spread bet specific and not just an app? Got a link for the download? I reckon I'm going to have to go back to betting at least once a day on the indices, this volatility may subside but it's here for a while IMHO. I'm still only trading the euro through an fx firm but I can't let opportunities like this pass by without having at least a punt..:)

Hi Blackswan,
Thanks for your post. Ah you spotted the early release of our ipad spread bet app. It went live this week but we didn't promote it yet but that is coming.
Yes it is different to ipad cfd launch in Germany and Australia in that it is specific to spread bet. We also have ipad cfd UK app as well.

Hope you like it. There will be some upgrades coming shortly as well, as we upgrade charts and tickets etc. Once you play with it more would appreciate your comments on this forum so I can feed back any changes you think necessary.

You should understand the risks of trading before trading. Please feel free to call our support desk any time if you need any assistance. Good luck with your trading.

best regards peter

Hey Peter,

You were a bit quiet with this iPad specific next gen launch.. is it different to what you launched in Frankfurt in May because it' s spread bet specific and not just an app? Got a link for the download? I reckon I'm going to have to go back to betting at least once a day on the indices, this volatility may subside but it's here for a while IMHO. I'm still only trading the euro through an fx firm but I can't let opportunities like this pass by without having at least a punt..:)

Good morning Ross,

Of course we have specific date but I cannot tell you when because some competitors will ramp up their advertising the day we do our big up grade. Most of the work is completed and we took a view a month or so ago that there is no point in launching anything in August because the markets go quiet and people are on holiday ha ha. got that wrong then.

We launched spread bet ipad this week. In effect the roll out has begun because we launched Australia Next Gen platform last week, Singapore next gen platform this weekend and upgrades after that. It will start soon I promise and you will have your white back ground charts. Get ready to run naked down Bishopsgate. I have a you tube film crew standing by. :cheesy:

Hope the markets are treating you well.
Thanks for your posting.
regards Peter

This 'soon' seems to have been floating around here for about six months. Any chance of a definite date?

:?:

Hi Blackswan,
Thanks for your post. Ah you spotted the early release of our ipad spread bet app. It went live this week but we didn't promote it yet but that is coming.
Yes it is different to ipad cfd launch in Germany and Australia in that it is specific to spread bet. We also have ipad cfd UK app as well.

Hope you like it. There will be some upgrades coming shortly as well, as we upgrade charts and tickets etc. Once you play with it more would appreciate your comments on this forum so I can feed back any changes you think necessary.

You should understand the risks of trading before trading. Please feel free to call our support desk any time if you need any assistance. Good luck with your trading.

best regards peter

Hi PC,

Will deffo go with the iPad spread bet app/download, will get onto it this week and come back with an appraisal..

hi pa 82

thanks for your posting. yes we have android app in production. will be on months time approximately. We are a little behind on this application because we put so much effort into our iphone and ipad apps for spread bet and cfds but coming your way soon.

peter

Any plans to release an Android app?

Thanks Black swan, will be interested to get your feed back and pass onto the team. Didn't think Everton supporters could afford ipad. ha ha

pc

Hi PC,

Will deffo go with the iPad spread bet app/download, will get onto it this week and come back with an appraisal..

Thanks Black swan, will be interested to get your feed back and pass onto the team. Didn't think Everton supporters could afford ipad. ha ha

pc

Lol.. We've signed no one, still could be worse, could be losing our two best players and our centre back for half a season..like er...Arsenal..;) hope we come down and take 3 points of Spurs at the weekend, perhaps some of the kids from Kirkdale could show them how to riot and not get caught whilst down there..

Tell ya what, have seen Barkley move up from the ranks as a kid, he'll be this years big break through, England regular inside a year...top top player..:)

hi Black Swan, never heard of Barkley but will take your word for it.
We have jack Wilshire. Just wished we had good centre half.

see your game is postponed.

pc

Lol.. We've signed no one, still could be worse, could be losing our two best players and our centre back for half a season..like er...Arsenal..;) hope we come down and take 3 points of Spurs at the weekend, perhaps some of the kids from Kirkdale could show them how to riot and not get caught whilst down there..

Tell ya what, have seen Barkley move up from the ranks as a kid, he'll be this years big break through, England regular inside a year...top top player..:)

Got a question or 2 to Peter:

I'm trialing a demo platform and the last couple of days have given it some good attention and obviously had a string of winners which is increasing my account at a good rate of notts.
Today I placed a trade and I clicked 'Confirm' at the end to place the trade as normal and your circular timer appeared for several seconds which delayed my trade..buggered it up a bit actually because execution speed is a must in my style of trading. Now, I was looking at the other prices and they were updating nicely so there wasn't a connection problem, so what was the delay?
You don't have a delay type interface do you for serial winners? Can't help but get a bit paranoid as I had all this type of experience on the old platform, not in the form of the timer but dealer referral, phone the desk, blah blah. I hope this isn't the sign of things to come and the 'straight to market' is only if you're a serial loser...
Would like to know what the delay timer is though.
Ahh, before I go, what's the spread on your Natural Gas, is it 20 points?

Hi PC,

I am interested in scalping the FTSE and I have read CMC allow this? I have logged into my CMC account and found the charts difficult to view and use and more importantly the website keeps crashing /logging me out? Whilst Finspreads and IG in particular remain stable?

Your thoughts would be welcome.

Hi PC,

I am interested in scalping the FTSE and I have read CMC allow this? I have logged into my CMC account and found the charts difficult to view and use and more importantly the website keeps crashing /logging me out? Whilst Finspreads and IG in particular remain stable?

Your thoughts would be welcome.

You'd better just read the rest of the thread...:)

Dear Customer

As a result of decisions made by the European regulators in France, Spain and Italy, short selling via CFD and Spread Betting for certain financial companies is currently banned. CMC Markets have therefore made the necessary changes in line with the underlying market.

If you have any questions regarding these changes please contact the Customer Management Team on +44 (0)207 170 8205, if you are calling from Ireland please call +353(0) 1256 3060.

Kind regards

The team at CMC Markets

Which financial companies? A bit more info than this curt email would be helpful :(

Dear Customer

As a result of decisions made by the European regulators in France, Spain and Italy, short selling via CFD and Spread Betting for certain financial companies is currently banned. CMC Markets have therefore made the necessary changes in line with the underlying market.

If you have any questions regarding these changes please contact the Customer Management Team on +44 (0)207 170 8205, if you are calling from Ireland please call +353(0) 1256 3060.
Kind regards

The team at CMC Markets

Which financial companies? A bit more info than this curt email would be helpful :(

Were you not aware of the ban put in place yesterday evening? Were you planning on shorting Societe Generale, Credit Agricole, Bank D'Italia, Unicredit? Whatever you do don't try to short the Vatican Bank..:eek:

hi peter

i trade CFDs from New Zealand through CMC markets, very happy client

are you guys planning to upgrade the CFD platform to be like the spread betting platform being discussed here?

Hi truth seeker,

firstly I will ignore your question about whether we close off winning clients as it is not a serious question for this company. You might experience this behaviour in the past but not from us and it will never happen.

Natural gas I just checked on our web site. The close price is 4,076 - 4,096.
hope that helps peter

thanks Peter
Got a question or 2 to Peter:

I'm trialing a demo platform and the last couple of days have given it some good attention and obviously had a string of winners which is increasing my account at a good rate of notts.
Today I placed a trade and I clicked 'Confirm' at the end to place the trade as normal and your circular timer appeared for several seconds which delayed my trade..buggered it up a bit actually because execution speed is a must in my style of trading. Now, I was looking at the other prices and they were updating nicely so there wasn't a connection problem, so what was the delay?
You don't have a delay type interface do you for serial winners? Can't help but get a bit paranoid as I had all this type of experience on the old platform, not in the form of the timer but dealer referral, phone the desk, blah blah. I hope this isn't the sign of things to come and the 'straight to market' is only if you're a serial loser...
Would like to know what the delay timer is though.
Ahh, before I go, what's the spread on your Natural Gas, is it 20 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.