Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Blackswan,
thanks for your post. lets see what they come back with.
would be good to get clarity
tks pc

Jason's a good lad Peter, he may take up the issue on his own thread in the FX section of T2W if enough folk are that interested. But the major issue (as I pointed out a couple of pages back) is apples are being compared to pears here, CMC have 5000+ opps/securities to bet on, FXCM have currency pairs and a couple of commods. No comparison in terms of margin calls/position maintenance.

Jason's a good lad Peter, he may take up the issue on his own thread in the FX section of T2W if enough folk are that interested. But the major issue (as I pointed out a couple of pages back) is apples are being compared to pears here, CMC have 5000+ opps/securities to bet on, FXCM have currency pairs and a couple of commods. No comparison in terms of margin calls/position maintenance.

FXCM also has an SB offshoot.

hi Blackswan,
thanks for your post. lets see what they come back with.
would be good to get clarity
tks pc

...the major issue (as I pointed out a couple of pages back) is apples are being compared to pears here, CMC have 5000+ opps/securities to bet on, FXCM have currency pairs and a couple of commods. No comparison in terms of margin calls/position maintenance.

Hi PC

Just contacted FXCM's rep , hope he can comment here .

Hello Peter, tar, Black Swan,

I hate jumping into other brokers threads (as I think it is bad form to intrude), but looks like I'm being dragged in nonetheless :) . So just one post, and if anyone has additional questions for me, I would be happy to answer on FXCM's own thread found in the spread bet section.

When a margin call is reached, FXCM will automatically and immediately close all trades in the account. While the margin call feature is designed to close positions when account equity falls below the margin requirement, it is possible that the account could end up with a debit balance if the market is particularly volatile or gaps. In this situation, our policy is to credit the account back to 0. In the 6+ years I've been with FXCM, I've never known an account to be liable for a debit balance as a result of trading, and I've written plenty of adjustments for client accounts bringing them back to 0.

What Black Swan mentioned regarding products offered and liquidity in those products is also applicable. For exotic currencies such as the MXN and HUF, the margin requirement would naturally be higher than a currency such as the EUR, reflecting lower liquidity and thereby helping to avoid the chances of an account going into debit balance.

Cheers,

Jason
FXCM

Last edited:
Reactions: tar
Re: I have a Question

Yes I opened a Spreadbetting Account,

When will CMC markets allow 1-click trading ? I did ask b4 i registered however it seems that the staff don't know what this is. It is currently not a feature, but was a feature on your Marketmaker Desktop platform, I want to use it now because of the 0.9 spread on EU.

I want to see BUY SELL Quotes, click once to enter the trade, click again to close, also I want the quote panel to "POP OUT" so I can drag it out side the program.

I don't want to click buy, then enter amount, then click on quote, then click confirm. I will have to do this 20 times a day!

Hi Peter!

You asked me to come back to you after I had opened up an account.

Execution is excellent whether at market or stops, etc. Good spreads now.

Not sure about red on grey indicating stop-loss price for example but maybe it's just my age!

I'm sorry, I can't use your charts. The only word I can come up with is that they seem "vague". They are not crisp like MT4 for example. I have 8 MT4 charts open on one of my screens and can see exactly what is going on. It's just not possible to have that kind of clarity on your platform it would seem. Just my experience so far.

Anyway overall very happy to continue to use the platform. I do hope you get the "timed out" thing sorted.

PS Newcastle will be unrecognisable next season!
PPS McIlroy was something else!(y)

Agreed, totally invisible..other than your morbidly obese supporters who go to the away games..and I don't mean Mike Ashley..(he's not a supporter)

Just a couple of lagers before breakfast like but...eh?

Ashley loathed it seems. But there is a possibility the lads might do quite well this season. Cough.

Hello Peter, tar, Black Swan,

I hate jumping into other brokers threads (as I think it is bad form to intrude), but looks like I'm being dragged in nonetheless :) . So just one post, and if anyone has additional questions for me, I would be happy to answer on FXCM's own thread found in the spread bet section.

When a margin call is reached, FXCM will automatically and immediately close all trades in the account. While the margin call feature is designed to close positions when account equity falls below the margin requirement, it is possible that the account could end up with a debit balance if the market is particularly volatile or gaps. In this situation, our policy is to credit the account back to 0. In the 6+ years I've been with FXCM, I've never known an account to be liable for a debit balance as a result of trading, and I've written plenty of adjustments for client accounts bringing them back to 0.

What Black Swan mentioned regarding products offered and liquidity in those products is also applicable. For exotic currencies such as the MXN and HUF, the margin requirement would naturally be higher than a currency such as the EUR, reflecting lower liquidity and thereby helping to avoid the chances of an account going into debit balance.

Cheers,

Jason
FXCM

Any comment on reducing FXCM's spreads, which are now two to four times wider than CMC's?

Hi Peter!

Not sure about red on grey indicating stop-loss price for example but maybe it's just my age!

I'm sorry, I can't use your charts. The only word I can come up with is that they seem "vague". They are not crisp like MT4 for example. I have 8 MT4 charts open on one of my screens and can see exactly what is going on. It's just not possible to have that kind of clarity on your platform it would seem. Just my experience so far.

Anyway overall very happy to continue to use the platform. I do hope you get the "timed out" thing sorted.

Agree with all that (apart from the Newcastle bit, of course). Red text on dark backgrounds is just daft, even if you're not old.

Just a couple of lagers before breakfast like but...eh?

Ashley loathed it seems. But there is a possibility the lads might do quite well this season. Cough.

I reckon shipping out Barton and Nolan isn't a bad move (Hahaha..mention of Barton going to Arsenal...:eek:) But beyond that you're mid table obscurity at best, Pardew <inserts shakes head emoticon>..

Anyhow it's a CMC thread, not footy, unless Peter wants to suggest how delighted he'd be to welcome Barton to their school of science..:D

I reckon shipping out Barton and Nolan isn't a bad move (Hahaha..mention of Barton going to Arsenal...:eek:) But beyond that you're mid table obscurity at best, Pardew <inserts shakes head emoticon>..

Anyhow it's a CMC thread, not footy, unless Peter wants to suggest how delighted he'd be to welcome Barton to their school of science..:D

:LOL:

We'll take mid table, Blacky!

Yes, er....back to thread.

Hi Benny Dorm,

Many thanks for the feed back. I totally get it with the charts and we are working on it I promise. the underline charts themselves are good but the colours are not. we still have some data stuff to improve on the charts but the good news is we are doing it, we can change the colours because they are our charts and they are integrated to the platform. it is being worked on as we speak and we do listen to you.

time out issue is more on google chrome that any other browser. they boys are looking at this and hopefully we can get it sorted. in meantime maybe you should use other browser.

I suppose from my point of view I would rather have the problems you are describing than the other way round. it is from your point of view and mine that we have pricing and execution sound. the other stuff needs to improve and we are working on it.

thanks for the feed back keep it coming so we can get the platform to everybody's liking.

Mcilroy was truly awesome. what a talent and only 22.
New castle and Sunderland are looking sound for next season. They wont make Champions league but at least they should survive in the Premier league. for me it is heavy to see Arsenal play Sunderland and Newcastle in Premier league. long may it continue.

good luck with your trading and charting and other stuff being worked on.

cheers pc

Hi Peter!

If I could sign one player for Arsenal, it would be Samba from Blackburn. He is good strong player and will strengthen the defence. if you look at last season the number of goals we conceded from corners he is just the type of player we need. Also think we need experienced goalkeeper and couple of fresh strikers but my first pick is Samba.

pc

QUOTE=Benny Dorm;1596258]:LOL:

We'll take mid table, Blacky!

Yes, er....back to thread.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.