Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ross
spot on that is why we give full experience to potential clients on demo platform before they sign up for live.

tks pc

Hey, PC, we've finally agreed on something.:)

Ruf has blown his credibility somewhat today, if not yet his account, but I fear that's on the cards, too.

Hi Ross
I see your plan, you are moving onto ruf to try and wind him up. Whats up have you got bored with me. I feel neglected. Can you go back to plan A., which is trying to wind me up and leave Ruf out of it. ha ha

Anyway we agree on more than one thing, you secretly love next gen it is just that you cannot admit it, but dont worry one day you will succumb and the force will be with you. :cheesy:

have a nice evening, going to watch the footie tonight with a nice beer and a big cheesy grin on my face because I love next gen....

cheers pc

Ruf has blown his credibility somewhat today, if not yet his account, but I fear that's on the cards, too.

they have a good platform but they would manipulate the price and create spikes, i have seen this several times or the best one when you place a stop you loose a lot below your stop level and a gaurnteed stop was too expensive. they hate people making money as they do not hedge. IG Index smash them

I might well blow my account..its happened before but not for a few years.:LOL: I find human behaviour so fascinating. Ross if you care so much for me why not just send me some of your trading rules for me to play with? I take it your a successful trader? I dont consider myself to be one, so why on earth I should expect credibility on this forum is anyones guess.

Peter thank you for understanding why I have posted so many threads...I to want others to see that it is wrong to just dismiss something off hand. Your team have done a great job on the new platform and yes its going to grow on me (but watch lists with performance please!!!)...and yes I am really excited that I can put in stops and profit taking at point of entry very very easily...this Ross may stop me from blowing accounts in the future, although I doubt it as I simply love making the "conviction trade" with no stops and no take profits lol. So know spreadbetter can spike me out very easily. (sorry PC) (Thats surely going to blow my account isn't it Ross?)

In a previous post I mentioned that I know a guy who made 60million by mistake (and that is the truth and he was 60+ years of age when it happened! So was very philosophical about it, and willing to share his profound views on the concept of success, as a result of his good fortune.)...dont you serious types realise that this is really the point? We all have fun trying to take control of a situation, its how we live every moment of our lives if we have any gumption. (PC must love his position cornering a small piece of everyones efforts!) but it can be just as easy to lose money (and make money) by design as it can be by accident...the point is do you really understand what happened? Did you learn from it? I started my gambling career on fruit machines! I learnt the game was rigged and never got back more than 74% of my money so I moved on. Then I got on the property ladder in a booming market and understood very quickly how leverage can build wealth (first time buyers mortgage 5 % down on an asset that went thru the roof...buying property "on margin") so I bought 7 of them! But I still didn't know which way the market was going, to believe I did would make me a mug. I was just lucky...I took a risk and was lucky!

I spent ages investing in mutual funds, hedge funds and all sorts and thru that I learnt money management (who in their right mind would put all their savings into just one fund? So I learnt money and risk management. Having some high risk funds and some low risk. Funny for me the high risk stuff has always gotten me better results even taking into account some complete capital losses...so how can it be higher risk? Theres a paradox for all to consider! Could it be that risk itself is a character triat of the individual making the decisions?

The only thing I have not yet learnt is to think big...like Goerge Soros or maybe even PC...so any tips there would be useful:clap: perhaps a massive leveraged position on ???? with no stops and no take profit until at least 6 zero's plus? Would that be a way to blow my account or make me rich? I dont have crystal ball so I dont know but I know for sure anyone with connections to Goldman (the vampire squid) knows better than me whats going on ! So a Private Message would be welcome PC? I'll place the winning bet on one of your competitors platforms if its going to cost you anything lol That way its a win win isnt it?

Last edited:
I might well blow myu account..its happned before but not for a few years.:LOL: I find human behaviour so amusing. Ross if you care so much why not just send me some of your trading rules for me to play with?

Peter thank you for understanding why I have posted so many threads...I to wanted others to see that it is wrong to just dismiss something off hand. Your team have done a great job on the new platform and yes its goping to grow on me...and yes I am really excited that I can put in stops and profit taking at point of entry very very easily...this Ross may stop me from blowing accounts in the future, although I doubt it as I simply love making the "conviction trade". In a previous post I mentioned that I know a guy who made 60, mil by mistake...dont you serious types realise that this is really the point? We all have fun trying to take control of a situation (PC must love his position cornering a small piece of everyones efforts!) but it can just as easy to lose money by design as it can be by accident...the point is do you really understand what happened? Did you learn from it? I started my gambling career on fruit machines! I learnt the game was rigged so I moved on. Then I got on the property ladder in a booming market and understood very quickly how leverage can build wealth (first buyers mortgage 5 % down on an asset that went thru the roof...buying property "on margin") so I bought 7 of them!

I spent ages investing in mutual funds, hedge funds and all sorts and thru that I learnt money management (who in their right mind would put all their savings in just one fund?, so diversify).

The only thing I have not yet learnt is to think big...like Goerge Soros or maybe even PC...so any tips there would be useful:clap: perhaps a massive levergae position on ???? with no stops and no take profits? Would that be a way to blow my account or make me rich? I dont have crystal ball but I know for sure anyone with connections to Goldman (the vampire squid) knows whats going on !

You know someone who made 60mil by mistake. Thats the biggest load of bs ive ever heard.

I might well blow my account..its happened before but not for a few years.:LOL: I find human behaviour so fascinating. Ross if you care so much for me why not just send me some of your trading rules for me to play with? I take it your a successful trader? I dont consider myself to be one, so why on earth I should expect credibility on this forum is anyones guess.

Peter thank you for understanding why I have posted so many threads...I to want others to see that it is wrong to just dismiss something off hand. Your team have done a great job on the new platform and yes its going to grow on me (but watch lists with performance please!!!)...and yes I am really excited that I can put in stops and profit taking at point of entry very very easily...this Ross may stop me from blowing accounts in the future, although I doubt it as I simply love making the "conviction trade" with no stops and no take profits lol. So know spreadbetter can spike me out very easily. (sorry PC) (Thats surely going to blow my account isn't it Ross?)

In a previous post I mentioned that I know a guy who made 60million by mistake (and that is the truth and he was 60+ years of age when it happened! So was very philosophical about it, and willing to share his profound views on the concept of success, as a result of his good fortune.)...dont you serious types realise that this is really the point? We all have fun trying to take control of a situation, its how we live every moment of our lives if we have any gumption. (PC must love his position cornering a small piece of everyones efforts!) but it can be just as easy to lose money (and make money) by design as it can be by accident...the point is do you really understand what happened? Did you learn from it? I started my gambling career on fruit machines! I learnt the game was rigged and never got back more than 74% of my money so I moved on. Then I got on the property ladder in a booming market and understood very quickly how leverage can build wealth (first time buyers mortgage 5 % down on an asset that went thru the roof...buying property "on margin") so I bought 7 of them! But I still didn't know which way the market was going, to believe I did would make me a mug. I was just lucky...I took a risk and was lucky!

I spent ages investing in mutual funds, hedge funds and all sorts and thru that I learnt money management (who in their right mind would put all their savings into just one fund? So I learnt money and risk management. Having some high risk funds and some low risk. Funny for me the high risk stuff has always gotten me better results even taking into account some complete capital losses...so how can it be higher risk? Theres a paradox for all to consider! Could it be that risk itself is a character triat of the individual making the decisions?

The only thing I have not yet learnt is to think big...like Goerge Soros or maybe even PC...so any tips there would be useful:clap: perhaps a massive leveraged position on ???? with no stops and no take profit until at least 6 zero's plus? Would that be a way to blow my account or make me rich? I dont have crystal ball so I dont know but I know for sure anyone with connections to Goldman (the vampire squid) knows better than me whats going on ! So a Private Message would be welcome PC? I'll place the winning bet on one of your competitors platforms if its going to cost you anything lol That way its a win win isnt it?

Don't need a life history, Ruf, all I was saying was that if you are accidentally opening trades at ten times the intended size on the live platform you are playing a dangerous game, which tends to make your other comments about next gen less relevant. Please carry on if you want to blow your account with one careless mouse click.:)

So i wanted to create a live account after having tested the demo long enough. This was on Tuesday last week. On Friday i called the customer support (very friendly though) and they told me they have a large number of new customers and asked me to be patient.

Still no asnwer till today. I've been waiting for 8 days now... I'm not really angry with CMC yet, but i really want to know why this takes so long....

Greetings from Germany,
PMS

Still no asnwer till today. I've been waiting for 8 days now... I'm not really angry with CMC yet, but i really want to know why this takes so long....

They're probably just sensitising you for their order fills....

edit:for the benefit of Costa Blanca (aka Flipper Boy), PC at CMC and anyone else who doesn't recognise or appreciate my sense of humour, this is a joke. I have no affiliation or relationship with CMC nor have I ever had one. This does not imply any negative experience or knowledge of same nor does it not signify the opposite. Subject to contract. Without prejudice.

Last edited:
Unusual though. They normally wait until you're on-board before giving you the finger.

edit: for the benefit of Costa Blanca (aka Flipper Boy), PC at CMC and anyone else who doesn't recognise or appreciate my sense of humour, this is a joke. I have no affiliation or relationship with CMC nor have I ever had one. This does not imply any negative experience or knowledge of same nor does it not signify the opposite. Subject to contract. Without prejudice.

Last edited:
Hi Pms

Email me your details and I will get onto it right away. I know it has gone balistic on our next gen cfd launch but it is not acceptable to take 8 days for client to get up and running..

thanks peter

So i wanted to create a live account after having tested the demo long enough. This was on Tuesday last week. On Friday i called the customer support (very friendly though) and they told me they have a large number of new customers and asked me to be patient.

Greetings from Germany,
PMS

hi Ross.
good afternoon Ross, thought you might take a day off now and again.
seems not.

of course we want you, our migration rate is very strong which proves that we are not just signing up new accounts existing accounts are switching over. Just didnt realise you were existing customer. thought you hated us.

cheers pc

Obviously, they've signed up so many new customers that they don't want any more.

Hi Rufanuf

I have to say I enjoy reading your postings. I think you are a smart guy and honest about the mistakes you make. It seems to me that you know how to enjoy life, you are realistic about trading and you enjoy the cut and thrust of trying to make money. This I think is a great attitude to enjoy life but also to tackle the difficult world of financial trading. Well done mate, I take my toupee off to you.

pc

Unusual though. They normally wait until you're on-board before giving you the finger.

I see you were unhappy with Oanda and now CMC it seems. So (for the second time of asking) who do you use? It helps to know with what companies traders are most happy.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.