Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a trade AUD/JPY long today...and again some figures make for confusion and once again I open a position 10 times bigger than intended. This was how I lost a lot of money in my early spread betting days...doesnt feel great going thru it again...CMC has had a good few quid off me in accidental trades just in the last 2 days!

If you're still doing that why not use the demo platform, which functions just as well (or badly) as the live version?

Ruf

Why are you making it so hard for yourself. You lost a lot of money spread betting because you didn't know how things work and now you're doing the same again.

I've always said it's amazing the amount of money that's lost because people haven't a clue about markets and/or the platform.

So in order to make money overtime in this game the first thing everyone else needs to do is practice on a demo. That practice is NOT about trying to make money, it's ALL about making sure you know the platform inside out so when you want to do anything, buy, sell, move an order, BANG it's done without acting like a fool, ie I wonder what this button does, or how do I change that order etc.

Then, once that's done, once you can place orders and do anything blindfolded then bring the real money into play.

Failure to do the above, failure to realise that you're presently inept, will mean you'll be a great client of any firm, ie all your money will become theirs........

Yes, this message is supposed to be hard, but I'm only being cruel to be kind to make sure you stop acting like a moron and take this business and your capital seriously.

To be so stupid to not understand the platform and enter x10 the trade u wanted and have history of this previously............

You should not have to tell someone this as a 10 year old would understand it by themselves and learn from their mistakes, just beyond.

To be so stupid to not understand the platform and enter x10 the trade u wanted and have history of this previously............

You should not have to tell someone this as a 10 year old would understand it by themselves and learn from their mistakes, just beyond.

You lot do make me laugh! Was I asking your opinons on how I learn? Which one of you commented about the demo platform? Pussy. I learn by my mistakes ever heard of that? I learnt years ago that demo platforms are a waste of time for that...and by the way made 500quid on that trade in the end.

And one more thing, has knowone ever read FSA warnings? Spread betters should not bet more than they can afford to lose. Thats why my whole account is expendable..it's a small fraction of my investment portfolio.

Maybe thats one of the first lessons a trader should learn eh? Never make assumptions. Niether abou the market or those trading in it.

Last edited:
lol, you stated previously that not understanding a platform cost you yet again you entered a x10 the trade you wanted, just because you luckily ending up winning is still a very stupid thing to do!

Most platforms are set up to be used so almost anyone can start trading on them within minutes of checking out the software for obvious reasons, if you are going to get defensive over what is total stupidity and think that just because the trade ended up winning then you were right and all is good then your are stupid again.

This game is the ultimate in the evolution cycle, you will get spit out if you are not totally up with the game and if you want to be wrapped up in cotton wool and think you can post your stupidity and get good feedback then again you are stupid. Listen and learn.

Made my point, I wish you all the best in trading so good luck, not spending my time arguing on this thread, bye.

You lot do make me laugh! Was I asking your opinons on how I learn? Which one of you commented about the demo platform? Pussy. I learn by my mistakes ever heard of that? I learnt years ago that demo platforms are a waste of time for that...and by the way made 500quid on that trade in the end.

Proves how stupid you are then and deserve to lose. And lose you will believe me because if you've been around for a bit and are still making grade 1 mistakes, ie not knowing how to properly enter the right amount to trade, then there is little hope, little.

Demo accounts are GREAT for learning how they platform works so you don't mess up in real-time trading. Surely that's common sense.

But you know better, so you don't learn with the demo then lose. Like I said you're inept.

PS. Mr CMC Boss. Keep this guy sweet and his money will be yours :)

Exactly, why transfer funds and money over to an account you have never used, why not keep with the existing account and demo at least for a day, rufanuf.......come on buddy if you cannot understand this and have repeated the mistake???????

Exactly, why transfer funds and money over to an account you have never used, why not keep with the existing account and demo at least for a day, rufanuf.......come on buddy if you cannot understand this and have repeated the mistake???????

:D Your still making me laugh....why is my mistake of such concern to you guys? The defensive person here is not me, its you guys! You all jump to conclusions about peoples choices that you should not jump to.

I've never made a fortune spread betting...I made my money elsewhere. Thats what allows me to take a punt on a trading platform...and I have never lost money doing it, in 10 years (admittedly not made a lot either but I am in the black). Demo platforms where a waste of time for me I used one for months long before I ever put I dime on a live platform. it made not one jot of difference, becuase real people who make REAL decisions with their money learn in life that you have to lose to learn. And if none of you know that you clearly never read any of the books on trading that I did nor have you learnt from your mistkes.:-0

It just dawned on me...if PC has invested millions in his new platform, and its a failure...what do you think he will do? Expect everyone to come running to his defence? I very much doubt it. He will brush himself down and probably start again. The only difference between people that are successful and those that are a failure is persistance and luck. Dont kid yourself its any more complicated than that. I know guys who have made 60,000,000USD from 600,000USD and freely admit it was their ignorance that was their edge! Makes you think doesnt it?

Thanks for your concern all the same.

PS: My mistake is up to nearly 600quid! If I hadn't closed 75% of the mistake after I'd made it today I would of been up over 2000GBP on that little act stupidity! What was more stupid, the mistake? Or correcting 75% of it?

Last edited:
Here's 1 tip you can use to cut down mistakes.

before you enter an order take 10 seconds to check it, go through the motions -

Market
direction
Price
Amount etc

That will help anyone cut down silly mistakes by at least 90%.

That's it guys!

Make up and move on. :cheers:

Hi Peter,

How are you?

I opened up a live account and looking forward to the new charts!

Best, Benny.

your prices are not very good, ripped customers off and your customer service is appauling

Ouch, can agree on customer service....on the other hand if the boss comes on here for a roasting...thats not so bad is it? Still doesnt necessarily resolve issues though...didnt see my spread costs reimbursed when i closed old platform postions and opened new ones

Hi Benny dorm.

That's amazing and really pleased you have done that. Hope you like the experience and please feel free to post your honest opinions on this site. I can take it....

good luck with your trading
pc
That's it guys!

Make up and move on. :cheers:

Hi Peter,

How are you?

I opened up a live account and looking forward to the new charts!

Best, Benny.

Hi Tim
open api not on the agenda for now. This year is all about next gen roll out around the world, new charting and expanding product range and tools. I do not rule out api connectivity but not this calendar year.

thanks for your posting
pc

QUOTE=higgs;1507218]Hi Peter,
I have been a member on this site for a long time but seldom post , I have and still have an account with yourselves (cmc) for nearly 10 years but have not used it for years as I have got more sophisticated and more automated over the years and gone on to use traditional futures brokers, I have only read the first 30 pages of this thread so am not sure if the question has been asked again , because i did not feel an answer to this question had been answered fully . What would bring me back to a spread betting firm as I believe the tax incentive is getting more major now(at least in my case ) is this ; if you allowed for an open API to communicate to part of your platform as is the case with all the major futures brokers out there now , this allows the software of my choice weather it be Ninja trader , Neoticker , or web based collective2 to communicate with yours , this could occur with simple html as is the case with collective2 to more advanced programming languages and interfaces . This obviously is for all those automated traders , I do realise this is not easy for you to do and that we are making a bet with a bookmaker and not the real underlying financial product but simple html buy and sell commands should be possible. The company who offers this first will be ahead of the others , as the investment community out there whether it be retail or profesional is getting more sophisticated and faster.

best regards,

tim[/QUOTE]

hi rufanuf

Many thanks for your numerous posting. I started laughing towards the end of them because I decided to read your postings right the way through to the end. I laughed because you can see how you have slowly got used to the platform and in the end you were answering your own questions. It was just funny to read through them. I do not mean to be disrespectful in what I am saying because clearly you have really put in a lot of effort to use the platform and everything you posted here regardless of comments from others is useful to the community monitoring this site and to my team. So thanks very much for your time, your effort and your comments.
I do not agree that demo platform is not the same as the real platform because with us it is. The prices are the same, the execution is the same. So you can play around with demo platform with confidence.

I know that the old platform is liked by many but to be honest the new platform is much more successful. we are seeing three times more business than one year ago.
as Chairman of this company, I have to make commercial decisions based on facts and the facts are that next gen is by far more successful than old platform.

keep your comments coming they are useful and appreciated.
best regards Peter

And one more thing, has knowone ever read FSA warnings? Spread betters should not bet more than they can afford to lose. Thats why my whole account is expendable..it's a small fraction of my investment portfolio.

Maybe thats one of the first lessons a trader should learn eh? Never make assumptions. Niether abou the market or those trading in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.