Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Long

CMC : Long 1 WTI crude spot @ 97.162

Futures : Nymex crude June 2011 @ 101.52

lets c

Ok after 15 days the profits on June crude futures would be 48 points , and on CMC cash crude 88 points after all costs "check the balance" ...

Attachments

• long.jpg
    long.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 199
Re: Short

Used another demo account for this trade ...

CMC : short 1 spot cash WTI oil @ 96.838

Futures : there was some delay when i took the screen shot so lets say short Crude June @ 101.15

And on the short side the loss on June crude futures is 44 points , and 108 points on CMC's cash crude ...

Attachments

• short.jpg
    short.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 185
Crude Futures Vs CMC cash crude ( 15 days only ) :

Long crude : CMC account provided better results = +40 points extra profit .

Short Crude : CMC account provided worse results = - 64 points extra loss .

Entries screen shots can be found on page 127-128 .

hi tradetraka

not sure you have found your way around the software yet. you can place stop entries no problems and oco.
To place stop entry click on buy/sell and enter order as limit order on buy or sell stop
type in the level you want to trade and place it as an order.
when you place any order regular, stop entries etc you can place profit take or stop loss at same time which is tagged. you can see this in back office.
hope that helps. glad you like the technology. I love it.
thanks peter
Thanks PC.

I just checked and it seems that Stop Orders can be placed now, so thanks for enlightening me on that point. They definitely weren't possible a few months ago, as I tried using the Limit option, plus when I enquired regarding them, I got an email saying "Unfortunately the deal ticket does not allow you to place Stop buy/sells. This is being rectified and will be updated onto the ticket soon."

Well I guess it got rectified! That's good - I was expecting to see an option for "Stop Order", and hadn't tried using the Limit option for them.

I still don't see how OCO is done though?

TT.

Hi Trade traka

You need to play around with the system some more it is all on there.
If you want to place oco, you place say market order and at the same time stop and profit take these orders are all tagged and become oco. If you just enter limit order with no stop or profit take, you can place oco profit take and stop loss in back office alongside the trade. just play around a bit with it and it is easy I promise.

many thanks Peter

Thanks PC.

I just checked and it seems that Stop Orders can be placed now, so thanks for enlightening me on that point. They definitely weren't possible a few months ago, as I tried using the Limit option, plus when I enquired regarding them, I got an email saying "Unfortunately the deal ticket does not allow you to place Stop buy/sells. This is being rectified and will be updated onto the ticket soon."

Well I guess it got rectified! That's good - I was expecting to see an option for "Stop Order", and hadn't tried using the Limit option for them.

I still don't see how OCO is done though?

TT.

Slight changes in next gen today, but still no highlighted price on Y axis, percentage change in Watchlist, and the drag & drop function to move orders on chart just seems to work when it feels like it. Different way of opening trades seems confusing, and still don't know if it's possible to open a position with a trailed stop?

One thing that is annoying, maybe it's me who does not understand how it works?

When choosing resolution of 30 minutes and want to scroll down to 1 day then changes the resolution from 30 minutes to another interval?

When I use charts in general, first I choose the interval (30 minutes or another)

then the number of bars

and not the reverse

Hi Ross
This is the start of many new releases over the coming days and weeks.
We have updated video instructions for web based system and also iphone.
Chart updates all coming over coming days and weeks.
hang onto your hat

pc

Slight changes in next gen today, but still no highlighted price on Y axis, percentage change in Watchlist, and the drag & drop function to move orders on chart just seems to work when it feels like it. Different way of opening trades seems confusing, and still don't know if it's possible to open a position with a trailed stop?

Hi Ross
This is the start of many new releases over the coming days and weeks.
We have updated video instructions for web based system and also iphone.
Chart updates all coming over coming days and weeks.
hang onto your hat

pc

OK, hat now nailed to head. Is there a known glitch with the drag & drop function, because about half the time clicking on a position triangle doesn't select anything, so the stop can't be moved. I thought at first it was a Firefox problem but it seems to afflict other browsers as well. Closing down and reloading usually fixes it, but that's hardly convenient.

OK, hat now nailed to head. Is there a known glitch with the drag & drop function, because about half the time clicking on a position triangle doesn't select anything, so the stop can't be moved. I thought at first it was a Firefox problem but it seems to afflict other browsers as well. Closing down and reloading usually fixes it, but that's hardly convenient.

4 clicks to open a trade or close it = not user friendly .

Hi Ross
Have not had that problem myself but have passed details onto the team.
Lots going on this week and next and coming weeks and months getting exciting around here.

cheers pc

Hi Tar
disable reminders in preferences top left hand corner.
You can dis-enable reminders, margin stops and programmed profit take
just a click away from one click trading.

thanks peter
4 clicks to open a trade or close it = not user friendly .

Hi Tar
disable reminders in preferences top left hand corner.
You can dis-enable reminders, margin stops and programmed profit take
just a click away from one click trading.

thanks peter

It is already disabled , 1 click to choose buy or sell , then choose size then click on the ticket to activate then execute .

Thanks

hi tar
one click to open ticket.
then put in the amount.
then click confirm to say whether it is limit or market order
then confirm to execute the trade.
yes four things but some built in safety measures for you.
tks pc

ok to close a trade 2 clicks , to open one it is 4 steps ...

hi tar
one click to open ticket.
then put in the amount.
then click confirm to say whether it is limit or market order
then confirm to execute the trade.
yes four things but some built in safety measures for you.
tks pc

well it takes time , i wouldnt mind this if buy and sell is ready at the same ticket which is the way with Oanda , Fxcm , IG , cityindex , capitalspreads , which is better especially at fast moving markets .

Regards

well it takes time , i wouldnt mind this if buy and sell is ready at the same ticket which is the way with Oanda , Fxcm , IG , cityindex , capitalspreads , which is better especially at fast moving markets .

Regards

Another point : when your client opens a ticket , u could easily give him a skewed quote cuz u r already know he wants to buy or sell , it should be like a voice broker , you give me two sided quote then i choose buy or sell at the end .

Regards .

Status
Not open for further replies.