Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tar

are you Ross in disguise.....

Told you the whole next gen process is automated no facility for dealer referral except if you deal on the telephone then a dealer will take your call but they cannot quote you a price, they have to quote the price on the system and enter the trade on the system. they cannot manipulate the price. even if they know you are a buyer (or seller) they cannot read you by extra pip because they have to enter the trade into the system and they cannot over ride the price on the next gen platform.

if you want to see it with you own eyes come around here and I will show you.

thanks pc

Hi Peter , u didnt get my post :) , i know what u r saying , but Si55AMG said : " would you close the account and tell him to move on or simply put him on dealer intervantion without anyone ever knowing "
so i told him if this happened he will know :) , i said this in the sake of the argument .

Hi Tar
Yes, I got your point. I was just trying to say why that wouldnt happen.

anyway think it is clear now.
cheers pc

Hi Peter , u didnt get my post :) , i know what u r saying , but Si55AMG said : " would you close the account and tell him to move on or simply put him on dealer intervantion without anyone ever knowing "
so i told him if this happened he will know :) , i said this in the sake of the argument .

Hi Tar
Yes, I got your point. I was just trying to say why that wouldnt happen.

anyway think it is clear now.
cheers pc

Then y u said : "are you Ross in disguise" :D , "if you want to see it with you own eyes come around here and I will show you."

Infact CMC was my first love then i broke up with her , maybe this will change in the future ;)

Hi Tar
Nothing personal just my wicked sense of humour. Ross always likes to start on the negative. Some times we get a nice positive quote from him but not that often. ha ha
First love is the deepest so maybe you will always love us deep down. Next gen is going to get better and better. When I look around the industry I do not see anybody spending the time effort and money that we are on technology. the norm seems to be special offers and big marketing splashes. We are investing in technology and from what I have seen on next gen so far it is proving to have been the right decision.
more to come though especially on charting and products. roll out begins in days.

I withdraw my statement ''are you Ross in disguise''

pc

Then y u said : "are you Ross in disguise" :D , "if you want to see it with you own eyes come around here and I will show you."

Infact CMC was my first love then i broke up with her , maybe this will change in the future ;)

si55amg
it doesnt matter to us if clients make money. we operate a flow model which is automated. In fact we prefer clients to make money because they stay with us longer. also if you look at next gen we have built in position protection with margin stop loss which is automatically generated every time you trade. This creates trade silos (you can switch it off if you want) protecting overall cash with margin stops for individual trades.
also with next gen cfds there will be additional safety features which you will have to wait and see. Coming soon now. counting down the days.

cheers pc
Thanks,
In that case shall give it a try.

I wish i was a motor car on the days when the markets just simply screw you... lol.

Thanks for the clarification, Yes by scalpers i mean High frequency traders, Trading on smaller Timeframes and doing lots of trades regulary.

Like ross spur said, happy for clients to do that if theyre losing money, but what if someone is winning on a regular basis, would you close the account and tell him to move on or simply put him on dealer intervantion without anyone ever knowing :)

I wasn't suggesting that next gen works like this (the wider spreads make it less necessary, for one thing), but other SBs certainly do, or have in the past,

OK, I have a question for Peter.
What spread betting company is the best? How do you think CMC compare to IG and Capital Spreads in terms of spreads, platform, overnight charges and range of markets?

Hope to hear an unbiased opinion :)

What spread betting company is the best? How do you think CMC compare to IG and Capital Spreads in terms of spreads, platform, overnight charges and range of markets?

Somehow I don't think he's going to say IG Index. :D

Hi lancenicolase

well that is difficult question notttttttttt

come mate cannot answer this question.
you should decide but I know who I think but you will think I am bias.
:cheesy::LOL::):D

I voted for your company, in Shares magazine, many years back.

But if I had to vote again, I'd have to take your withdrawal of commodities futures bets into account, and vote differently.

When will the software allow Stop Order to be placed? Currently I can only place Limit Orders, which to be honest I find, well, limiting.

It's nice to have a "unique graphical interface" and to not look "like a spreadsheet", but I can't help feeling this has come at the expense of utility. Not having OCO is not ideal, but not having Stop Orders is really quite a flaw, in my opinion

Hi lancenicolase

well that is difficult question notttttttttt

come mate cannot answer this question.
you should decide but I know who I think but you will think I am bias.
:cheesy::LOL::):D

OK :).
I thought you'd say CMC but give some credit to your competitors.
1. I'll give you a credit for trying to develop something different. Surprised to hear so much negative feedback (myself included about cash commodities) as it's not what people wanted. Maybe because the system is different?
2. IG offer the widest range of markets, no question about it. From my point of view they lead by example.
3. I like spreads from Capital and SpreadCo. What are your spreads on FTSE100 and Dow Jones?
4. What are overnight charges with CMC?

Not surprised that you like your platform as you developed it.
As for the increased usage of your next gen platform I think it's inappropriate to attribute it just to the platform as your advertising has increased significantly. Barely can go on a financial website without seeing your ad. You even advertise in Evening Standard now... used to be IG everyday.

Do you offer spread bets based on index futures, or is it cash only? From your product library it looked like just cash.

When will the software allow Stop Order to be placed? Currently I can only place Limit Orders, which to be honest I find, well, limiting.

It's nice to have a "unique graphical interface" and to not look "like a spreadsheet", but I can't help feeling this has come at the expense of utility. Not having OCO is not ideal, but not having Stop Orders is really quite a flaw, in my opinion

I just signed up for a demo account myself (only took a few seconds!)

I think Stop Orders (to Open) are placed as Limit orders on the CMC platform with a price that is on the other side of a regular limit order.

Say the DOW is at 12900, to buy it when reaches 13000, it seems you actually have to place a buy limit order for 13000. This then seems to create a resting stop entry order for you, it can be seen in the 'orders' window, but it is still referred to as a limit order in that window.

Calling this a limit order is a bit confusing for those of us used to standard terminology.

Also as it is subject to possible slippage beyond the specified limit price it probably shouldnt be called a limit order anyway.

Last edited:
Hi peakoil

Firstly thanks very much for voting for us. We were honestly thrilled to win the award.
I appreciate your view and I hope in time you will vote again for us. I really think that cash commodities will replace quarterly bets.
You are seeing a shift in the spread bet industry to more cash products and really commodities was the last great asset class not quoted in cash.
less than 5 percent of our business is done on quarterly bets. Majority of our clients demand cash bets and on next gen cash commodities is our biggest product. also with daily finance being presented in an easy to understand format including amount and interest rate just makes life easier.
anyway time will tell about our cash commodities product over quarterlys.
thanks peter

I voted for your company, in Shares magazine, many years back.

But if I had to vote again, I'd have to take your withdrawal of commodities futures bets into account, and vote differently.

hi tradetraka

not sure you have found your way around the software yet. you can place stop entries no problems and oco.
To place stop entry click on buy/sell and enter order as limit order on buy or sell stop
type in the level you want to trade and place it as an order.
when you place any order regular, stop entries etc you can place profit take or stop loss at same time which is tagged. you can see this in back office.
hope that helps. glad you like the technology. I love it.
thanks peter

Hi DD
thanks for your comments will pass them onto the team.
peter
I just signed up for a demo account myself (only took a few seconds!)

I think Stop Orders (to Open) are placed as Limit orders on the CMC platform with a price that is on the other side of a regular limit order.

Say the DOW is at 12900, to buy it when reaches 13000, it seems you actually have to place a buy limit order for 13000. This then seems to create a resting stop entry order for you, it can be seen in the 'orders' window, but it is still referred to as a limit order in that window.

Calling this a limit order is a bit confusing for those of us used to standard terminology.

Also as it is subject to possible slippage beyond the specified limit price it probably shouldnt be called a limit order anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.