Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep ! aimed at newbies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tk5wxeMyHk

Come blow up at CMC

Peter says Thanks ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :LOL:

Just watched the video, and it seems to demonstrate, a) that the candlestick and bar charts aren't clear (on Youtube HD), and, b) that the spread plot isn't much use if it only updates at 30s or longer intervals and therefore won't show spikes and instantaneous widening of spread.

just make my judgements in business on stats and the stats suggest that next gen is a big success with more on the way.
I rest my case

Hmmm... I think you'll find people moving across to IGIndex actually. Most people I've spoken to hate the new trading platform. The old one is substantially better and user friendly.

just make my judgements in business on stats and the stats suggest that next gen is a big success with more on the way.
I rest my case

Hmmm... I think you'll find people moving across to IGIndex actually. Most people I've spoken to hate the new trading platform. The old one is substantially better and user friendly.

IGIndex !

DUCK :-0

Hi PC,

I'll reply to you in this forum and try to ignore the comments from the ******s. JDTrader let's face it - if you were a trader worth your salt, you wouldn't be pissing around here advertising results from demo accounts and quoting Toy Story. Grow up champ. From the look of your setup at home on your blog site, you haven't made it yet. So maybe watch, listen and learn - then try to come up with something useful to post.

Ok. PC you say you put no faith in technicals. That's fine. But I do; I don't make a lot out of purely-technical trades, but they do help confirm my fundamental biases and I feel it's reckless to ignore significant technical levels in markets because they undeniably provide areas of at least some price or volume volatility.

The reason why I don't analyse technicals on cash products is purely because there is not enough consistency among PV calculations from various price makers like yourself. I need a trusted source, I'm lucky enough to have a bloomberg terminal, and, like I said, I need to trade products that reflect the charting that I'm able to generate from my bloomberg screen. I also do a little bit of arbitrage between rolls and if was a bit younger maybe I'd change my ways, but I'm not about to use cash products when I have such a strong sense of the futures market.

As for why I use City, I don't know mate. I opened up an account there years ago, it's my first and only SB account and they've always looked after me. I trade decent parcels so all of my orders are placed over the phone. You know how it is - I know the guys there, they buy me lunch now and then, and unless they screw me I guess I'll have no big reason to change.

But listen I did come across this forum while looking for feedback on FX. I've never traded FX on SB and I'm looking for some exotic pairs. Doesn't look like you've got a lot. Will that change? I'd be looking Korean Won and Brazilian Real.

Hi PC,

JDTrader let's face it - if you were a trader worth your salt, you wouldn't be pissing around here advertising results from demo accounts and quoting Toy Story. Grow up champ. From the look of your setup at home on your blog site, you haven't made it yet. So maybe watch, listen and learn - then try to come up with something useful to post.

Your pants are to tight I think :LOL:

I have used a number of accounts and I believe in transparency.

Never claimed to of made it mate but on my way (hopefully)

I have watched, listen and will always be learning :smart:

I know what I want from a broker and think its a shame CMC went for the New Gen platform as experienced platform traders want more than what they are giving. And if you read the whole thread its the Majority view :p

I have been trading for two years so I know what I want and I know where to trade and I don't need to prove anything just engaging with the Trading Community :)

By the way get new pants :LOL::clap:

Last edited:
\Dear Andy

Thanks for update. Please can you post your findings of new platform on this site because one or two posters have been waiting for live account holders to post their comments. It can be good or bad just report it as it is.

good luck with your trading. New charting coming out in next few weeks.
hopefully we can convince you but lets see.

cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

First bit of feedback on the live next gen platform... is that I'm still awaiting my application to be approved.

I applied on the 4th March 2011, and the latest email I got was yesterday:

Dear Mr Hawes,

Thank you very much for your email.

Your Application requires a Compliance Sign Off.

We will keep you updated on the progress of the Application.

Kind Regards

Elmira

New Accounts Team
-------------------------------
CMC Markets Plc
133 Houndsditch
London
EC3A 7BX
--------------------------------
New Accounts: Tel 0207 170 8201
Fax: 020 7170 8498
Email: [email protected]

Was is something I said :rolleyes:

Anyway if I ever get the account open I'll feedback my findings.

Cheers,
Andy.

Hi JDTrader.
You run your business and I will run mine. I will have to live by my decisions which is fair enough.
no plans to phase out market maker yet but eventually it will go but need to launch next gen cfds first
thanks pc

PC at CMC Markets

You could of save ££££££££££££££££ By going the MT4 route. MT4 is now the most traded platform among retail traders.

OR

Redeveloped the Market Maker and still saved.

Peter and I mean this sincerely but I think long term you will only get Newbie blow up account traders. And you may have to many YES men advising you. I know your very successful ££££ but when a forum of retail traders are telling you your platform is not what traders want surely you should listen ?

But your probably to far invested in the new platform now so S##t or Bust

Good Luck

Is Market Maker now closed or will you run both ?

Kind Regards
JD

Hi Mornington
well time will tell I guess. but stats are stats and I cannot print anything here that isnt true. 300 percent increase in next gen spread bet business and on increasing curve. but eh why let stats get in the way of a good posting.

cheers pc

"just make my judgements in business on stats and the stats suggest that next gen is a big success"

that's like saying Vista is a success

(n) :eek:

Hi Nigel
You need to speak to more people then.
business increasing and volumes increasing not going the way you suggest.

tks pc
I rest my case

Hi FXstorm

Thanks for taking the time to post and I have no problems with using charts to assess markets. I do not trade for myself or the company and sort I do not assess the markets. But I know how valuable charts are to traders and that is why we are developing our own. I know more work to be done but there are enough people around here that want to produce the best charts on the markets and give them to our clients free. That time will come and we want to integrate charts with trading tools and our platform and that is why we are doing it ourselves. we will get there.

I think that is fair enough with you working with city index. if they are taking care of you no problem with that.

We are on the verge of launching more and more currency pairs we are days away. just keep an eye out for next gen releases over next couple of weeks and you will see more currency pairs.

good luck with your trading
peter

Hi PC,

I'll reply to you in this forum and try to ignore the comments from the ******s. JDTrader let's face it - if you were a trader worth your salt, you wouldn't be pissing around here advertising results from demo accounts and quoting Toy Story. Grow up champ. From the look of your setup at home on your blog site, you haven't made it yet. So maybe watch, listen and learn - then try to come up with something useful to post.

Ok. PC you say you put no faith in technicals. That's fine. But I do; I don't make a lot out of purely-technical trades, but they do help confirm my fundamental biases and I feel it's reckless to ignore significant technical levels in markets because they undeniably provide areas of at least some price or volume volatility.

The reason why I don't analyse technicals on cash products is purely because there is not enough consistency among PV calculations from various price makers like yourself. I need a trusted source, I'm lucky enough to have a bloomberg terminal, and, like I said, I need to trade products that reflect the charting that I'm able to generate from my bloomberg screen. I also do a little bit of arbitrage between rolls and if was a bit younger maybe I'd change my ways, but I'm not about to use cash products when I have such a strong sense of the futures market.

As for why I use City, I don't know mate. I opened up an account there years ago, it's my first and only SB account and they've always looked after me. I trade decent parcels so all of my orders are placed over the phone. You know how it is - I know the guys there, they buy me lunch now and then, and unless they screw me I guess I'll have no big reason to change.

But listen I did come across this forum while looking for feedback on FX. I've never traded FX on SB and I'm looking for some exotic pairs. Doesn't look like you've got a lot. Will that change? I'd be looking Korean Won and Brazilian Real.

Hi PC,

There is some perpetual fear and doubt from posters on this forum that spread betting using a firm like CMC might
be subject to taxation (either income or CGT) if undertaken as a fulltime endeavour especially if it is one's
only or main source of income. (Nobody doubts it is tax free if done on a casual basis)

What are your thoughts on this.

Have you ever heard of an instance where HMRC have gone after a profitable CMC client with a tax demand.

Have HMRC ever asked you for a list of very profitable clients?

Thanks
DD

Hi Donald
Thanks for your posting. I have covered this point in a previous posting. Can go back and see my comments. sorry to busy today to find the posting.
thanks Peter

Hi PC,

There is some perpetual fear and doubt from posters on this forum that spread betting using a firm like CMC might
be subject to taxation (either income or CGT) if undertaken as a fulltime endeavour especially if it is one's
only or main source of income. (Nobody doubts it is tax free if done on a casual basis)

What are your thoughts on this.

Have you ever heard of an instance where HMRC have gone after a profitable CMC client with a tax demand.

Have HMRC ever asked you for a list of very profitable clients?

Thanks
DD

Hi Andy
Just spoke to Elmira I think she already emailed you this morning to sort thing out. I am sure you will be up and running soon.

thanks Peter
Hi Peter,

First bit of feedback on the live next gen platform... is that I'm still awaiting my application to be approved.

Dear Mr Hawes,

Kind Regards

Elmira

New Accounts Team
CMC Markets Plc
133 Houndsditch
London
EC3A 7BX

Cheers,
Andy.

Hi Peter,

Dear Mr Hawes,

Kind Regards

Elmira

New Accounts Team
CMC Markets Plc
133 Houndsditch
London
EC3A 7BX

Cheers,
Andy.

I hope you have Demo traded first on CMC ?

Good luck (y)

YOU GONNA NEED IT :LOL:

Goodbye !

Ok guys I'm off this thread :cool:

You can shout till your blue in the face but Peter just fire fights :devilish:

Good Luck to all (That includes you Peter :sneaky:)

Re: Goodbye !

Hi jdtrader
thanks for taking the time to post your views. Not allowed to promote on here and that is not what the forum is for. appreciate your time.
regards peter
ps good luck with your trading.
Ok guys I'm off this thread :cool:

You can shout till your blue in the face but Peter just fire fights :devilish:

Good Luck to all (That includes you Peter :sneaky:)

Hi Donald
Thanks for your posting. I have covered this point in a previous posting. Can go back and see my comments. sorry to busy today to find the posting.
thanks Peter

Thanks i found it. Although it took a bit of time, cant believe you already have over 500 posts in just three months.. took me 3 years to get to that much, at this rate you going to Trade2win's highest poster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.