Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've taken the plunge and submitted my details for the live CMC (next gen) account.

I've been watching the demo prices like a hawk for weeks and placed several Forex & Index trades, even during volatile times, and I have to admit so far I'm pretty impressed.

Assuming the live account works the same, then I'm very happy with the overall spreads and execution, with very few exceptions. Really great not to see that "requote" box that I had so often on the MarketMaker platform.

I still don't like the charts, but I'm a stickler for my MT4 charts & indicators, saves me lots of line drawing every day :)

And you know I'll be the first to moan if you stiff me on the live platform spreads, so watch this space!

Have a great weekend.

If u trade forex u should be aware of spread widening around news times it doesnt last long check my post #948

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...r-answers-your-questions-119.html#post1421176

If u trade forex u should be aware of spread widening around news times it doesnt last long check my post #948

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...r-answers-your-questions-119.html#post1421176

Hi Tar,

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that. Peter was kind enough to meet me at his offices last week and we discussed this at length.

I do honestly believe they are doing their best to be transparent about their pricing, and are using price feeds from several banks.

The fact that Oanda & MB trading spreads can go pretty wide during volatility I would expect to be reflected in the CMC price also, as I have seen (and as per your post).

The difference for me is that I know for a fact that neither Oanda nor MB would fill my position over the news (I have tried), or volatile times, whereas CMC will on their new platform.

I expect some spread widening and or/slippage, it's all part of the cost of doing business in my opinion, that sure beats no fill at all on the live Forex market.

Andy.

\Dear Andy

Thanks for update. Please can you post your findings of new platform on this site because one or two posters have been waiting for live account holders to post their comments. It can be good or bad just report it as it is.

good luck with your trading. New charting coming out in next few weeks.
hopefully we can convince you but lets see.

cheers Peter
Well I've taken the plunge and submitted my details for the live CMC (next gen) account.

I've been watching the demo prices like a hawk for weeks and placed several Forex & Index trades, even during volatile times, and I have to admit so far I'm pretty impressed.

Assuming the live account works the same, then I'm very happy with the overall spreads and execution, with very few exceptions. Really great not to see that "requote" box that I had so often on the MarketMaker platform.

I still don't like the charts, but I'm a stickler for my MT4 charts & indicators, saves me lots of line drawing every day :)

And you know I'll be the first to moan if you stiff me on the live platform spreads, so watch this space!

Have a great weekend.

I believe in frank reviews

ITS A CRAP PLATFORM

All the traders on Market Maker Desktop will not trade on this Next Gen platform.

Next Gen ! your joking right

This is aimed at the novice retail trader who will blow up accounts, KERCHING TO CMC :sneaky:

Serious home retail traders will not touch it will a barge poll (n)

Best thing about CMC

Ashraf Laidi - FX GOD (y)

Why not let the retail trader trade the system your Pro Traders use in London ? This is the system you should of developed and gave the retail client with STP/ECN access.:idea:

Your Pro in house traders are not using the Next Gen !

I believe in frank reviews

ITS A CRAP PLATFORM

All the traders on Market Maker Desktop will not trade on this Next Gen platform.

Next Gen ! your joking right

This is aimed at the novice retail trader who will blow up accounts, KERCHING TO CMC :sneaky:

Serious home retail traders will not touch it will a barge poll (n)

Best thing about CMC

Ashraf Laidi - FX GOD (y)

Why not let the retail trader trade the system your Pro Traders use in London ? This is the system you should of developed and gave the retail client with STP/ECN access.:idea:

Your Pro in house traders are not using the Next Gen !

Then y CMC is one of the biggest SB firms around ?!

Biggest advertising campaign

Real trading floor in the City of London with one of the Worlds top Forex Strategist Ashraf Laidi

Got there on the rep of the old platform

Also as a trader you should want from your broker:

ECN or STP trading - CMC Market Maker access, no ECN/STP
No Dealing Desk against you - They take the opposite side of you trade which is a conflict of interest.

Also as a trader you should want from your broker:

ECN or STP trading - CMC Market Maker access, no ECN/STP
No Dealing Desk against you - They take the opposite side of you trade which is a conflict of interest.

But this applies to all SB providers ...

Still on that search myself but you have to find a platform that fits your style.

I like MT4 platforms and I want:

STP or ECN
Fast free Deposit/Withdrawals
Demo access to test ideas

So far the best SB firm I have found is: http://www.smartlivemarkets.com

See this thread on HotForex.com: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/119668-hotforex-com.html

Spreadbetting speaking there isnt ECN/STP beside prospreads which is expensive compared to futures brokers . @ SLM i dont like new small companies thats me , at least if i want to trade with MMs i would choose Oanda or Igindex , they r around long time and they r big so they dont care if i made few dollars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.