Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Black swan

Yes it has been a very interesting week for a couple of our competitors but really I cannot comment on the IG situation and City Index situation. It is not fair and is not right. If you post stuff about any company it is not fair for me to comment.

thanks for your posts.

regards Peter
Sound fair enough to me. Although Cityindex seem to have made a strong comeback from the draw down a year back or so. A personal belief in the company and employees do get severely tested at times like that. Please no need to comment.

wouldn't that be good, spread bet, cfds and bingo all on the same platform, would appeal to mum, dad, granddad and grand ma we would have the markets surrounded
also if we could integrate with xbox and wii then we could include the kids.
see always thinking ahead around here

pc

get yourself a monopoly exchange and then make it compulsory through legislation and you have a carbon exchange. easy peasy.

Love coming there and next time will let you know and buy you a bottle of that dodgy Scandinavian lager that gets me drunk by just sniffing the bottle.

In my limited experience, anyone who can afford to drink in Sweden (or indeed anywhere in Scandinavia - Norway probably worse), must be doing ok!

It's enough to drive a man to sobriety.

Cityindex seem to have made a strong comeback from the draw down a year back or so. QUOTE]

IMO Much better than they used to be.

Also CMC - great change. Can't think of any other owner answeting the questions.(y)

right there montmorency but think how much extra beer gle101 could afford if he traded with next gen and CMC Markets on precision pricing without head line spreads. he could afford to get drunk every night ha ha

In my limited experience, anyone who can afford to drink in Sweden (or indeed anywhere in Scandinavia - Norway probably worse), must be doing ok!

It's enough to drive a man to sobriety.

Hi Bedsit

thanks for the post. I am here because I love what we are doing, I need to communicate with people directly and this blog is excellent way to do it and I am passionate about what we are doing.

also I have to say that the moderators of t2w deserve a pat on the back they really keep this site well run and that is important for the industry. well done all round.

now no more gushing from me just good solid honest answers.

cheers pc

Cityindex seem to have made a strong comeback from the draw down a year back or so. QUOTE]

IMO Much better than they used to be.

Also CMC - great change. Can't think of any other owner answeting the questions.(y)

okay okay you can bring Ross we will have a wonderful time.
I thought we would start the evening off with a game of Bingo and then down the pub. hope that suits. ha ha

pc

Thanks, PC, but I think bingo would be too stressful for my dodgy ticker. What's the spread on that, anyway?:)

Hi Ross
well that is good question, it all depends if you are looking for head line spreads and automated execution and precision numbers. ha ha but for you on bingo that would be zero spreads. there you got me to bring my spreads in
ha ha ha ha ha

where have you been all day havent seen you on here. I bet you have been over to our offices to open an account on the quiet and you are up and running trading next gen and all it took was the promise of a beer ha ha

pc

Thanks, PC, but I think bingo would be too stressful for my dodgy ticker. What's the spread on that, anyway?:)

Hi PC,

Thanks for answering my earlier question.

I have a request for new functionality on the next generation platform. Could you add a feature to allow exporting our account trades/history into an Excel or CSV file please. I keep track of strategy and intrument performance metrics for my trading using Excel, and it's easier to export the lot into a file, then the old cut and paste.

Thanks!

Hi physicsman

You are not the first person to ask for this and to be honest it is good function but is not high on our list of priorities. we have a programme to launch next gen cfds, improved charting and more products and that has kept the team very business and we begining that roll out in next few weeks.

This type of functionality is possible but we are months away from it for the above reasons but I will definitely forward the request to the team.

Thanks for your post appreciate the time you have taken to ask the questions

regards peter
Hi PC,

Thanks for answering my earlier question.

I have a request for new functionality on the next generation platform. Could you add a feature to allow exporting our account trades/history into an Excel or CSV file please. I keep track of strategy and intrument performance metrics for my trading using Excel, and it's easier to export the lot into a file, then the old cut and paste.

Thanks!

Hi PC,

I've spent the past few days looking around the platform and in general it is quite nice. However, I do have some comments/requests. Was going to put them into one post, but it would get so long I'd probably trigger a buffer overflow on the forum. :cheesy:

Therefore, I'm going to package them up into 1 or two per post and send them your way over the next few days.

To start with, what are the possibilities of getting the platform to support multiple monitor setups? I use 27 inch monitors, and with everything on the browser in one window it is getting very cluttered. I can't open all the windows I need simultaneously. Need the facility to drag order tickets, charts etc. onto the other monitors.

Thanks in advance!

where have you been all day havent seen you on here. I bet you have been over to our offices to open an account on the quiet and you are up and running trading next gen and all it took was the promise of a beer ha ha

pc

Been having a fun time at a funeral, actually, so no time to open account yet. Anyway, I hear beer's expensive down south. A pint probably costs more that a 5-bedroom semi up here in whippet and ferret land.

PS. Am I the only one who hates next gen windows with rounded corners, and can it be changed?

Hi Ross
wouldn't know the price of a pint as I never buy a round of drinks, although gle101 has nabbed me for a bottle of that strong Scandinavian stuff he drinks. Ha ha.

Hope all went well today.

Yes I think you probably are the only person that hates next gen windows with rounded corners but maybe we will hear more from others.

just got the next gen stats through and numbers are really picking and we are ahead of what we expected. very impressive. had a seminar here in the offices last night and good some good feed back. will let you know when the next one is so you can come along if you want.

cheers pc

Been having a fun time at a funeral, actually, so no time to open account yet. Anyway, I hear beer's expensive down south. A pint probably costs more that a 5-bedroom semi up here in whippet and ferret land.

PS. Am I the only one who hates next gen windows with rounded corners, and can it be changed?

Hi PC,

Therefore, I'm going to package them up into 1 or two per post and send them your way over the next few days.

To start with, what are the possibilities of getting the platform to support multiple monitor setups? I use 27 inch monitors, and with everything on the browser in one window it is getting very cluttered. I can't open all the windows I need simultaneously. Need the facility to drag order tickets, charts etc. onto the other monitors.

Thanks in advance!

That's it, drag out PC's suffering!

Not quite sure what you mean about monitors - you can expand the window across two screens the normal way by dragging the border.

Hi pman

I have my next gen working across two large screens so you can do that. What you need are tabs so you can build multiple watch lists which are coming in next release in next month or so. that should help.

look forward to your comments
thanks peter
Hi PC,

I've spent the past few days looking around the platform and in general it is quite nice. However, I do have some comments/requests. Was going to put them into one post, but it would get so long I'd probably trigger a buffer overflow on the forum. :cheesy:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ross
not suffering one bit. I am really happy with next gen and I can only judge it on business coming in and we are way ahead of old gen and way ahead of where we thought we would be. I think Ross that you have to accept that some people do like next gen. I know it is hard for you to accept this but just take my word for it that it is raving success. The numbers to be honest are staggering and I think you will see a big impact from CMC Markets in the spread bet industry over the next year or so. If I am wrong then it will cost me a lot of money but so far the accountants are happy and so are many many thousands of next gen clients. Wait to you see the new stuff we are coming out with who knows you might even pay us the odd compliment when you see it but i will tell the team not to hold their breath.

Business is all about numbers, service and R and D and so far Next Gen ticks the boxes.

you are right about monitors etc.

thanks pc

Not quite sure what you mean about monitors - you can expand the window across two screens the normal way by dragging the border.

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the advice - that is what I am doing at the moment. It's just that I find it non-ideal, to have my browser start from the left and then stretch across the middle and the right ones.

Much more preferable would be to keep the browser window maximised in the middle and have, for example charts open as maybe separate windows. Than I can chuck them to the left/right screens or the row of screens above.

hi pman
tabs should help that so you can have multiple windows. its coming I promise
pc

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the advice - that is what I am doing at the moment. It's just that I find it non-ideal, to have my browser start from the left and then stretch across the middle and the right ones.

Much more preferable would be to keep the browser window maximised in the middle and have, for example charts open as maybe separate windows. Than I can chuck them to the left/right screens or the row of screens above.

Hi PC,

Your answer sounds like it also answers my second query. :) That was, to bring back one functionality that you had on MarketMaker. I can't remeber what you called it (Themes I think?), but it was esentially saved layouts accessible from a drop down menu.

For example, I have say 5 stocks in the "bitek" sector opened and then this theme/layout was saved. I could then access from the drop down menu, a previouslay saved theme "consumer discretionary" and the charts and tickets for all monitored stocks in this industry group opened, and the bitek windows all closed.

Right now, it is a big pain to open and close charts/tickets for stocks in each of the industry groups I monitor.

Sounds like you have it covered with the tabs to monitor multiple watch lists? Is that correct?

Appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions! (y)

<Edited to add: I see you answered before I finished typing my followup reply. Damn it is useful being able to type at 80 words a minute wasn't it you said PC? I wish I could do that! Too lazy to practice and learn how! :p>

Hi pman

I have my next gen working across two large screens so you can do that. What you need are tabs so you can build multiple watch lists which are coming in next release in next month or so. that should help.

look forward to your comments
thanks peter

Great thread I must say, and Peter is keeping us all entertained. Now we are only waiting for the live account traders to find the forum. I cannot understand why, this thread must have a high ranking on the Google search engine, when typing in CMC. Very important for the SB companies to have a representative giving support and answering questions on this excellent forum. Simon have understood this for years, while others only have had short visit. It is a two edge sword though, if you deliver it will create a lot of good will, otherwise the company will be burned by live traders having their say on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.