Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tar,
wished I had the time to get bored.
So are you going to answer the question
pc

It is fixed Peter it doesn't fluctuate but they state in their terms that spreads may widen it depends on market conditions and liquidity , it is a clause to save their a** because you never know what could happen in these markets , anyway you also state the same on your website : " However, fixed spreads cannot be guaranteed during the most extreme market conditions " .

hi tar,
what, they are either fixed or they are not. now you are moving the goal posts....

pc
tar means they can temporary widen their fixed spread, by temporary I mean for a couple of hours or days. Never happened while I have been trading with them though.

'Typical spread' doesn't really help much. Is that an average, or what? It would be more useful to know what the widest instantaneous spread is because that's what's going to trigger the stops.

is it possible to cancel an attempted execution of a trade?
Another idea. Is it possible to add the acceptable slippage? For example, Market Buy @ 1.6000, acceptable slippage is 0.0015. If price during execution is less or equal 1.6015 -> fill, else kill. This logic should be applied to manual Market orders. Market orders generated by Stop Loss or Take Profit should not be affected.

Hi PC
Just to remind you about the issue of closing markets early. Tonight the Dax closed at 20.54; 6 Minutes early. Got the screenshot. Getting worse then!

hi Dave,
No, we compile it ourselves bute if we publish it on our web site then it has to be true and compliant. Mind you not a bad idea to get it independently verified. I would agree to that if our competitors did the same. then we could get one firm to compare all of the industry's typical spreads. I am not sure our competitors would agree to that. I wonder why.

Not sure why our competitors do not publish their typical spreads. I know of only one competitor who does. Do you know why?:cheesy:

tks pc

I will take those spreads quoted with a pinch of salt then. Why don't you take the lead and get your spread slippage verified by an independant company?

Return of the t0sser who claimed he wouldn't get banned and was, I bet it killed you not posting here you half breed lolololololol! Pc, luving the company you keep ROFL!!!

Peter,

I posted up a reply to you earlier that was immediately removed, in it I mentioned this posted up on the Bitters' thread..

Right, 14 trades, with CMC, I got slipped twice for a total slippage of 3 pips (2x1.5pips)
That's a 14.3% ( 2 divided by 14) chance of being slipped, and that's with no news about.

Sigh...how do you even begin to rationalise with someone who shoots himself or herself in the foot from a platform of zero knowledge..?

Return of the t0sser who claimed he wouldn't get banned and was, I bet it killed you not posting here you half breed lolololololol! Pc, luving the company you keep ROFL!!!

Oh his post has been deleted already, good work by trade2win!!!! Now just ban him again as he hasnt learned

I will take those spreads quoted with a pinch of salt then. Why don't you take the lead and get your spread slippage verified by an independant company?
CMC next-gen have just started with 0.7 spread. Give them time to get things in order. 0.7 point spread demands a lot technically from the price feed. I am expecting some reports on "positive slippage", price improvement Peter called it, that will even out the "negative slippage". Otherwise there would be no use offering 0.7 spread. SB clients are too smart and sophisticated today to get fooled by numbers. They will quickly see through if CMC can't deliver what they claim and will in that case find somebody else that deliver what they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.