Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gle101
yes I have plenty of humour because truly I love this business. I have always loved being involved with the markets for the last 39 years. I started when I was 18 in banking and worked my way into dealing room by being telex operator. I can still type 80 words a minute and type all my own emails, blogs, twits etc. and I love what we are doing with next gen software and where I want to take this industry. I am sincerely trying to offer the spread bet industry a high level of service that you can compared to banks and exchanges. we are on our way and a lot more to come.
I am 57 now although I look a lot younger, ha ha but I really would like to carry on working for another 20 years. health and god permitting but hey lets take one day at a time. way Arsenal are playing cant see that happening, will die of stress.

I have my own nespresso machine, a shiny star from you and next gen technology.
I have 3 handicap at golf so what is there to be unhappy about. love it man and cannot get enough of it.

cheers pc

Nice to see that you have humour, after being in this business for so long.:)

hi gle101
yes I have plenty of humour because truly I love this business. I have always loved being involved with the markets for the last 39 years. I started when I was 18 in banking and worked my way into dealing room by being telex operator. I can still type 80 words a minute and type all my own emails, blogs, twits etc. and I love what we are doing with next gen software and where I want to take this industry. I am sincerely trying to offer the spread bet industry a high level of service that you can compared to banks and exchanges. we are on our way and a lot more to come.
I am 57 now although I look a lot younger, ha ha but I really would like to carry on working for another 20 years. health and god permitting but hey lets take one day at a time. way Arsenal are playing cant see that happening, will die of stress.

I have my own nespresso machine, a shiny star from you and next gen technology.
I have 3 handicap at golf so what is there to be unhappy about. love it man and cannot get enough of it.

cheers pc
Ha ha, you sure can write colorful.

hi gle101

You have not understood my response. I did not say we had the tightest spreads, I said I believe we have the best execution and pricing.
Because our system is automated and there is no dealer intervention our execution I believe to be more efficient and faster. so I believe we have best execution because it is automated, no re quotes and no killing of tickets. execution is different from spreads.
I believe we have best pricing (not spreads) because our prices are derived automatically and computer generated with no dealer intervention. We also offer precision pricing. We may not have the tightest head line spreads but I believe that over a period of time even on our slightly wider spreads through our no dealer, automated execution and pricing engine the prices you execute at will match anybody and beat most.
also remember there are no re-quotes and more importantly we do not kill tickets when markets are volatile and we have precision pricing.
the whole point of my blogs was to high light the difference between headline spreads, pricing and execution and once again the point has been lost because we are discussing head line spreads again.

I am trying to take this industry to a higher level through execution and pricing and competitive precision pricing. no dealer intervention and no dealer referral and automated execution. yet these blogs always seem to come back to head line spreads.

I say it again. I believe we have the best execution, pricing on highly competitive precision pricing and I do not believe anybody can beat that in spread bet industry. I do accept that we do not have tightest head line spreads. however, would the competitors be able to offer 1 pip on the dow and all of the above. I do not know but it is a point worth thinking about.

thanks peter
I agree, you have to look at the whole package. If you are a news trader your service might be fine (I wonder how you stand up to such market conditions). A swing trader might be benefiting, the extra spread do not matter that much. You know a tick is a tick Peter, the pricing can't hide that simple mathematical fact.

Last edited:
If the SB offering 1pt on US30, DAX, EU had poor execution, delays, requotes, rejections, etc, then I'd agree that next gen would be better. The problem (for CMC) is that it doesn't!

If the SB offering 1pt on US30, DAX, EU had poor execution, delays, requotes, rejections, etc, then I'd agree that next gen would be better. The problem (for CMC) is that it doesn't!
Yes I agree, the industry have really progressed in the right direction in the recent years. There are a few left that still play games, but they will be gone in the near future. The problem for CMC introducing their new, I guess very expensive platform is, that the others are so darn good.

Hi Ross
That's your opinion and I respect it but we have seen a three hundred to four hundred percent increase on spread bet business since launch of next gen so clearly not everybody agrees with you. I expect this to grow over coming year once we add more products and continue to upgrade charts and products.
so looks like rest of the industry has some catching up to do on execution and pricing. now if we could match the market spreads on our execution and pricing that would set the industry alight...... ;)

watch this space
peter
Yes I agree, the industry have really progressed in the right direction in the recent years. There are a few left that still play games, but they will be gone in the near future. The problem for CMC introducing their new, I guess very expensive platform is, that the others are so darn good.

hi gle101
good that industry is evolving and I believe with our automated execution and precision pricing we are moving it forwards. Like I said to our mate Ross we are seeing 300 percent improvement in our sb business since launch of next gen so clearly there is room for us to grow.

cheers pc

There you go again gle101 getting mesmerised by head line spreads. dont worry will keep working on you to you get there.
peter

I agree, you have to look at the whole package. If you are a news trader your service might be fine (I wonder how you stand up to such market conditions). A swing trader might be benefiting, the extra spread do not matter that much. You know a tick is a tick Peter, the pricing can't hide that simple mathematical fact.

hi gle101
good that industry is evolving and I believe with our automated execution and precision pricing we are moving it forwards. Like I said to our mate Ross we are seeing 300 percent improvement in our sb business since launch of next gen so clearly there is room for us to grow.

cheers pc
Yes you have quite a spillover from your broad client base (CFD's) who like to try out SB. Getting new fresh clients however, demands convincing hard core SB's traders like me, ha ha.

hi gle101
nothing to do with cfd clients these are pure out and out sb clients who love the platform, the transparency, the innovation and precision pricing and no dealer intervention. This is new business. also they love our iphone app seeing lots of deals on iphone app.

You seem to take a lot of convincing but I wonder if you have bothered to give our platform a try. why not open small account and run it alongside your existing provider and compare the execution, speed, precision pricing and see how much the headline spreads compare to our precision pricing. that is what a lot of new clients have done and the increase in new business is very promising.
dont forget we will not refer your bet to a dealer, no requotes and it is very fast even over the figures. keep an open mind that is all I ask and give us a fair try.

sometimes I wonder if you are a secret cmc client and you blog just to test my nerves.
however, you wont upset me I have been married for 25 years so can deal with anything. ha ha

but seriously give us a try and give me honest opinion based on facts not on what you think.

cheers pc

Yes you have quite a spillover from your broad client base (CFD's) who like to try out SB. Getting new fresh clients however, demands convincing hard core SB's traders like me, ha ha.

hi gle101
nothing to do with cfd clients these are pure out and out sb clients who love the platform, the transparency, the innovation and precision pricing and no dealer intervention. This is new business. also they love our iphone app seeing lots of deals on iphone app.

You seem to take a lot of convincing but I wonder if you have bothered to give our platform a try. why not open small account and run it alongside your existing provider and compare the execution, speed, precision pricing and see how much the headline spreads compare to our precision pricing. that is what a lot of new clients have done and the increase in new business is very promising.
dont forget we will not refer your bet to a dealer, no requotes and it is very fast even over the figures. keep an open mind that is all I ask and give us a fair try.

sometimes I wonder if you are a secret cmc client and you blog just to test my nerves.
however, you wont upset me I have been married for 25 years so can deal with anything. ha ha

but seriously give us a try and give me honest opinion based on facts not on what you think.

cheers pc
Yes, my wife at times says "don't trade your life away" something in it, ha ha.

hi gle101

cheers pc
If you offer better service than the other firms in the industry, eventually traders will sign up with you. SB traders are today very mobile, they will test new SB companies (CMC are after all quite an unwritten story when it comes to SB). I have an open mind and will look you up at times. Eventually I might even give CMC a go. I usually wait a couple of month until a new service is settled, before testing them in live trading. This forum will be an excellent place to watch how you are progressing and performing, still I often try a service personally , this in order to form my own opinion.

Hi gle101
all makes sense but our platform has been up since August so time for you to dip your toe in the water. but for some reason you are reluctant. I think there are other reasons. maybe you work for competition, maybe you are not spread betting at the moment. just get the impression you are not in position to do anything. I dont mean that in bad way just you are very inflexible in giving us a try and not quite sure why. afterall you only have to put up couple of hundred quid, its no big deal but you seem reluctant. or maybe you already have an account with us and you want to remain the international man of mystery.

so what is it

pc
If you offer better service than the other firms in the industry, eventually traders will sign up with you. SB traders are today very mobile, they will test new SB companies (CMC are after all quite an unwritten story when it comes to SB). I have an open mind and will look you up at times. Eventually I might even give CMC a go. I usually wait a couple of month until a new service is settled, before testing them in live trading. This forum will be an excellent place to watch how you are progressing and performing, still I often try a service personally , this in order to form my own opinion.

Hi gle101
all makes sense but our platform has been up since August so time for you to dip your toe in the water. but for some reason you are reluctant. I think there are other reasons. maybe you work for competition, maybe you are not spread betting at the moment. just get the impression you are not in position to do anything. I dont mean that in bad way just you are very inflexible in giving us a try and not quite sure why. afterall you only have to put up couple of hundred quid, its no big deal but you seem reluctant. or maybe you already have an account with us and you want to remain the international man of mystery.

so what is it

pc
Ha ha, respect my decision and see it as an opening, pushing it will have a counter effect for sure. You have after all quite a vast client base, that will give a lot of feedback for your next generation platform.

hi gle101
ah getting near the point a bit am I. your answers are very evasive and you try to distract from the question on a lot of the blogs. Nothing to do with my client base, it is about getting you to open a trading account and trade with us and getting your honest response but I suspect you are working in the industry and have been planting the odd comments. will be interesting to see how you respond to this blog, will it be another evasive answer ?
pc

Ha ha, respect my decision and see it as an opening, pushing it will have a counter effect for sure. You have after all quite a vast client base, that will give a lot of feedback for your next generation platform.

hi gle101
ah getting near the point a bit am I. your answers are very evasive and you try to distract from the question on a lot of the blogs. Nothing to do with my client base, it is about getting you to open a trading account and trade with us and getting your honest response but I suspect you are working in the industry and have been planting the odd comments. will be interesting to see how you respond to this blog, will it be another evasive answer ?
pc
This kind of post will get you no where Peter, and will not promote your company, at least not in my book.

hi gle101
not here to promote my company just answer questions with truthful answers. However, I but do agree we should stick to the issues regarding the industry. so lets move on but still think you work for a competitor.

cheers pc

This kind of post will get you no where Peter, and will not promote your company, at least not in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.