CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

No I don't think they will agree on such a claim. Platforms goes down at times and it's important to have a stop in place. For one reason or the other SB traders don't seem to be covered with hedging possibilities when these things happen.

The Stops didn't work during that time until the server is recovered.

This thread is interesting, because I've seen some info on Spread Betting Company comparison that implies that CMC are the best priced on the main markets, and offer the most leverage.

Are you guys saying that it's still not worth trading with them, because whatever happens with the price they offer you, their service lets you down, and therefore you can trade more profitably elsewhere?

This thread is interesting, because I've seen some info on Spread Betting Company comparison that implies that CMC are the best priced on the main markets, and offer the most leverage.

Are you guys saying that it's still not worth trading with them, because whatever happens with the price they offer you, their service lets you down, and therefore you can trade more profitably elsewhere?
I have not yet traded with them on a live account (the demo is quite OK). This because they don't allow foreigners at this stage to sign up. There have been some complains about the awkwardness of the order ticket window as well as the charts. Also slippage problems (without the use of the Boundary feature). One simply has to try them out with a live account in order to find out personally how they are performing. They offer very narrow spread (with the Boundary feature) if one can accept re-quotes. My feeling is that this thread is too negative towards trading with CMC, but I can't really tell if this really applies in real live trading.

and therefore you can trade more profitably elsewhere?

It depends on your trading style , it is not for scalpers , but scalping doesn't work with SB anyway , at least CMC doesn't have a dealer referral when it comes to Next Gen platform so the answer is NO .

It depends on your trading style , it is not for scalpers , but scalping doesn't work with SB anyway , at least CMC doesn't have a dealer referral when it comes to Next Gen platform so the answer is NO .
If they have dealer referral we don't know yet. If someone have experienced a delay after a good period of profit or scalping I would say they give you the same treatment as that of dealer referral. One has to say, not many reports on this going on, at least not on this thread.

Their spread is fake and their charts and pricing are garbage.
I tried trading using good charting and placing trades to CMC.
I would not even look at what CMC was doing...I just hit the ticket.
Lets say I got 2 points profit according to my chart but the result was I barely breaking even with CMC. Occasionally I would score bigger then what my chart indicated.
In my opinion they are big because I believe they were the first, basically invented retail CFDs and advertise the "tightest" spreads.
Use them, because you'll appreciate whoever you choose afterwards.

As has already been said it depends what you want all sb's have their pro's and cons but as a genral rule and I have tried most I think IG offer the best platform their (advanced) chart package is certainly much better than cmc's.

Reactions: tar
Their spread is fake and their charts and pricing are garbage.
I tried trading using good charting and placing trades to CMC.
I would not even look at what CMC was doing...I just hit the ticket.
Lets say I got 2 points profit according to my chart but the result was I barely breaking even with CMC. Occasionally I would score bigger then what my chart indicated.
In my opinion they are big because I believe they were the first, basically invented retail CFDs and advertise the "tightest" spreads.
Use them, because you'll appreciate whoever you choose afterwards.
Yes, the problem is to find out exactly what underlaying asset they use for their price feed, so one can use the correct external chart for comparison.

HTML:
Yes, the problem is to find out exactly what underlaying asset they use for their price feed, so one can use the correct external chart for comparison.

As their quotes on indices move far more than the corresponding futures, I assume the prices are based on more than one underyling instrument, some sort of constantly variable 'fair value' calculation and possibly a skew derived from DOM. Whatever, they're not likely to tell us.

I had the same problem last night, couldn't close my position and couldn't get through on the phone so had to hedge with IG but the time wasted cost me 30 points so not happy. I have reported it this morning and they know there was a problem but haven't got back to me.
Being stuck in a trade is a nightmare. I am back using IG today even though the spread is worse as I have lost confidence with CMC

For the record CMC looked into it and have refunded me my loss, although they haven't guaranteed they would do so if it happens again !

One real issue with their platform is their constant disconnections.

This is true. I recall PC may said this is a Flash issue but CS uses Flash too, CS platform never kicks user out, always auto reconnect (successfully).

What's this our old pal PC has been up to?:)

Nice to see someone who champions the path of escaping the inner city contributing to corruption at the highest levels when at a time when economic disparity is at it's pinnacle.

Wonder what Black Swan has to say about this?

Nice to see someone who champions the path of escaping the inner city contributing to corruption at the highest levels when at a time when economic disparity is at it's pinnacle.

I wish the press would do something like this on the subject of forex or spread betting. They could pretend to be looking into a white label deal and then get these guys to spill the beans about how they can rip off customers at will. Now that would be interesting.

One day mate.
I think maybe email this thread to the journalists at the BBC et al now that PC is in the hot seat. If they poke around a bit someone will think of a story, whether on CMC or someone else. Plenty of easier targets out there.

Just remember that no criminal offence has been committed, because they didn't quite get to the stage where someone hands over a briefcase full of used tenners.

Being an ace trader capable of making huge profits on a daily basis, Black Swan probably won't be affected much, but you do wonder whether this scandal will have any repercussions for CMC.