CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

@WZERO: What you say may be true but can you really trade news from so far away from the exchanges? Trading news depends heavily on speed ( and luck?). Surely the successful news traders (robots fed the news as digital data) are those who are so close to the exchange they could sense the warmth of the exchange-servers. By the time the data has crossed the network, gone through god only knows how many network hops to reach your PC and then back again, they could probably have executed half a dozen trades. And that could be why CMC need to protect their end too.

Having said that I can say that CityIndex data looks very clean and consistent with the actual market data.

I don't think I was really trading the news, I actually traded right after the news (the big jump was over).

I post my trading log here, you can see I got 5 rejection at price 5862-5866. The last order I removed "boundry", I got the price 5854. IT'S NO WAY THE PRICE JUMPED TO 5854 at that time, and the spreads is always fixed right at 0.7:confused:

21:32:34
Sell Trade UK 100 5,854.6

21:32:27
Boundary
Exceeded
- -
21:32:21
Boundary
Exceeded
- -
21:31:49
Boundary
Exceeded
- -
21:31:43
Boundary
Exceeded
- -
21:31:38
Boundary
Exceeded
- -

You could always ask CMC for an explanation. Don't hold your breath, though -- I'm still waiting for a reply to mails sent before Christmas!

Anyway, look on the bright side: if your trade had gone through you'd have lost money.

I don't agree this, because the spread was still fixed at 0.7, they should apply the same price (plus spead) for all traders either BUY or SELL. If say the price is 5870 and spread is 0.7, they should NOT give 5860 to seller but give 5870 or 5880 to buyer, that would mean 10.7 or 20.7 spread! It's reasonal if CMC widen the spread on news but the key is the spread was still 0.7 and I got 10 pips hidden slippage (hidden refers to the slippage is not caused by the next move on chart).
I was not referring to your trade with CMC. The real underlaying spread prior and during news is usually much wider. Let me take an example. The EUR/USD real market spread could be 15 while the SB offer 1 point spread. Thy simply don't give away money for free. As long as they don't interfere on an individual basis with delay and referral to a dealer I see no wrong in this action taken by the SB when it is applied to all. At least one knows what is to be expected.

The bright thing is the "boundry" was still working, I should always not disable that.

Yes it was working and you could be right in that they have set a wide "invisible" spread, I don't know, but the lesson you learned, be careful during and after the news with CMC. You are sure that the price didn't jump around a lot?

Yes, I'm sure the chart was just moving like at regular market time, 2 mins after the data at 21:32:34.

Actually I don't understand some of the problems you guys are facing. I've tried CMC for 2 months now and I haven't experience any really big problems. Maybe it's because I'm trading longer time frame and looks at daily chart?

Are you guys intraday traders? I'm not sure whether did my trade experience any slippage, but 5-10 pips of slippage is not a lot because I'm targeting a few hundred pips in each trade.

Anyway, I agree that if one is trading substantial amount, it's better to use DMA because the MM won't do things in the dark and also DMA offers better liquidity in some case because some MMs charge higher margins for big positions.

Actually I don't understand some of the problems you guys are facing. I've tried CMC for 2 months now and I haven't experience any really big problems. Maybe it's because I'm trading longer time frame and looks at daily chart?

Are you guys intraday traders? I'm not sure whether did my trade experience any slippage, but 5-10 pips of slippage is not a lot because I'm targeting a few hundred pips in each trade.

Anyway, I agree that if one is trading substantial amount, it's better to use DMA because the MM won't do things in the dark and also DMA offers better liquidity in some case because some MMs charge higher margins for big positions.

Yes, in my case I would be talking about 5min to 15min charts going completely flat by the end of the day. Trading mainly or only in first and/or last 90mins of the day aiming for a 2% to 6% account profit per day. As I've mentioned to CMC before, their system is no good for me but completely fine for End-of-Day bets.

Yes, if you are a swing trader you will not have any problems with any SB. For a short term trader 5-10 points slippage is a lot and the insecurity about this may result in that it is better to stay away. I will continue to monitoring CMC next-gen as I find them interesting if they can improve in certain areas.

This thread is totally dead, no CMC traders around? Anyone that would like to give a report on live trading with CMC next-gen? And what about the hidden slippage problem reported earlier? I find the demo to be faster than before. I did an upgrade of my ram memory, it did help a lot in increasing the speed loading the platform.

This thread is totally dead, no CMC traders around? Anyone that would like to give a report on live trading with CMC next-gen? And what about the hidden slippage problem reported earlier? I find the demo to be faster than before. I did an upgrade of my ram memory, it did help a lot in increasing the speed loading the platform.

Perhaps it's totally dead because no one is silly enough to trade with CMC......far better SB brokers out there.

I just opened an AMP futures account for exchange access. But I still trade CMC for smaller position size and sometimes even better than the exchange speads.

Perhaps it's totally dead because no one is silly enough to trade with CMC......far better SB brokers out there.
Oh no you didn't
2deb29d7df24d918f7d7a5b2b604e6c0bfb74ae4

I cant believe nobody gave a rating for this discussion ! , here is one star from me not because of CMC but for this pointless discussion .....

I have not experienced their slippage.. positive or negative. But i still cant understand their dealing
ticket system. Why on earth we have to click on both buy and sell to do a simple trade? Remember Peter always said it is a $100 million shiny new platform