CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

This is a serious problem - I spoke to CMC a couple of times regarding this. They promised to get back to me but no one did.

yet another reason for me to stay away from the new platform (in Australia is called CMC Tracker). I find it impossible to keep an eye on my trades and any other instruments I am interested on one screen, as I am used to have min of 3 charts open with up to 10 single price windows. Still trading with Marketmaker, but have recently opened and account with GFT (after testing 5 other broker platforms).

Good luck with NG

In all honesty the problem above is my only grudge. I got used to NG. I might prefer a different interfact and a faster response time but it's ok for my needs. I've not followed the whole thread but I think some are upset by the execution prices with stops. This works both ways, so if you have limits you do get a better price. My understanding is that you just get the first price available when the level is triggered. Have not looked at this in detail but seems OK with me trades.

I think that's because they charge no commissions.

Have cmc lost the plot?

Firstly their spreads are way out compared with the competition (4 points on the dow when you can get 1 point with cityindex!!!!!)

Now they want to close what was for me one of the few good things about there package the market maker software and replace it with a package that looks like it was designed by the Telly tubbies and about as useful!

Do they think we are stupid?

I am a CMC next gen user from Singapore. I used to trade on OptionsXpress without any issues. Recently, I tried CMC because they claim to provide no minimum commissions, long short capabilities and a 0.7 spread on some FX counters.

CMC failed. The equity quotes are way off the stock markets. A day loss formed at 0.44 on the real exchanges translate to the Singaporean dealer closing at 0.4145. Factual!

Let's avoid CMC.

I have traded a CMC Singapore CFD live account for a month. I only trade micro lots, I do high frequency trading a.k.a scalping, making small profits consistently. Slippage is reasonable, I get positive slippage on "Take profit" orders regularly, better than one of my other broker's account which never give positive slippage on limit order. I don't use stop loss order because I seldom lose a single trade.
The chart is basic for the Next Gen platform, I have to use other platform to view market. The worst issue is it keeps logging me out if network conidition is poor. It can be diffcult to log in again if that happens. I trade from asia the network latency is larger.
Their spreads are one of the best. If there is no problem withdraw money and they won't close my profitable account after I made larger profit, I will be happy trading with CMC.

Hello all,
Just a quick question.
As you know CMC says their $100 million New platform is 100% automated. If i scalp the market (spreadbetting-indices) will they be happy to let me continue trading with them? or do i get a call saying thank you for your custom. good bye!
any experiences? good or bad?
Thanks

I have traded a CMC Singapore CFD live account for a month. I only trade micro lots, I do high frequency trading a.k.a scalping, making small profits consistently. Slippage is reasonable, I get positive slippage on "Take profit" orders regularly, better than one of my other broker's account which never give positive slippage on limit order. I don't use stop loss order because I seldom lose a single trade.
The chart is basic for the Next Gen platform, I have to use other platform to view market. The worst issue is it keeps logging me out if network conidition is poor. It can be diffcult to log in again if that happens. I trade from asia the network latency is larger.
Their spreads are one of the best. If there is no problem withdraw money and they won't close my profitable account after I made larger profit, I will be happy trading with CMC.

Depends on what product you trade. I had a stock that traded 3 cent off the actual price of 0.44.

Imagine the pain. CMC is unreliable. I prefer DMA CFDs.

They all seem to be going along the lines of either having their own charts or having cheaper chart providers.

I guess its part of the price we pay for tighter spreads apparently it finance charge big money for their charts set ups particularly the advanced platform which is the best charts package I have used.

Any new reports about live trading with CMC? I am especially interested in getting to know how you guys is getting along trading the Dow with CMC next-gen. There has been a lot of talk about slippage. Anyone who can update me on the status of this would be appreciated. Sorry, being a f foreigner I can't at the moment open an live account with them.

I am not aware there is an issue with slippage as long as you understand that with limits/stops you will be given the first available price after the limit/stop is triggered. So it works both ways you may get a better or worse price depending on whether you're placing a limit or a stop.

I am not aware there is an issue with slippage as long as you understand that with limits/stops you will be given the first available price after the limit/stop is triggered. So it works both ways you may get a better or worse price depending on whether you're placing a limit or a stop.
Thanks akex, what do you trade and how many trades do you make per day? Do you have any statistics on the slippage or maybe you never felt a need for it?

I trade a lot on CMC Next Gen platform. I don't think their slippage is worse than other brokers.

About 3-10 trades per day, depending on conditions. I never felt the need to collect stats on this sorry. I see few limits get executed at the ordered price but as I said it works both ways. The spreads are tight and they include the tax so I am OK with that. Would be interested to know if others feel otherwise.

Thanks akex, what do you trade and how many trades do you make per day? Do you have any statistics on the slippage or maybe you never felt a need for it?