cj12's Dow Trades

FC - why the change to bow-legged brown trousers (nothing like chinos BTW)?

Makes you look like the John Wayne of the trading world.

Don't know about John Wayne, looks more like Wayne Sleep now!!!

What the hell are you doing man???

Like you said we all interpret things didfrently,Thats what makes the market if everyone interpret situations in the same way the market would be so easy to make money we all be getting on the same time and taken profit the same time.

Old story There was this guy in the states.writing On a thread similar to this. He was bragging he was making $3000 to $5000 a day trading the s&p.everyone On the thread thought he was a guru. Although he never post any live trades.So I wrote to him saying. Hi im new to trading could you please help.

He wrote back saying I charge you. Now that was telling me he was not making money as he wanted mine. I said to him look I got my last $200 could you help me. He emailed me back and said ok,Remember this guy was trying to help me, he thought I was new to trading. I was just calling is bluff. The story goes this guy was trying to look smart in his writing but the truth of it he could not make money in the real world of trading.

Rossoered ; like you say lets get back to trading.

CJ

Last edited:
Excellent call on the Dow today CJ. You stated to watch 10430 to sell and in fact on the cash, it was spot on.

Target reached 10280 from when I said go short at 10553. Nice late sell of today Is this the real deal or just a bluff. Tomorrow will tell us.

I am waiting for 10120 to 10130 to be hit before I start thinking of buying. On a position trade. But we could easily get a reaction bounce today up to 10380 this could be a good place to sell in to strength. Buy at 10311 stop at around 10280, but if the market hits 10244 first then buy at 10282 . stop around 10250. Target price around 10360 to 10380

CJ

Whad'ya get for your birthday CJ? the daily closing figures for the dow for the month of May?
I assume you already had Aprils :) some Great trading. happy B-day!

If the Dow futures don't move higher than 10020,, 2.50 UK time the market going to 9880 to 9900
Don't be fooled be that late surge yesterday could very well be just short covering.

I would have liked to see more strength today. Which did not happen?Tomorrow will tell us more

I would be happy to short here at 9985 I went short a little higher. So lets say short at 9985 target 9900 if that don't work out revers and go long at 10020.and a target of 10125.

CJ

CJ,

Some good calls. I noticed your correct calls on the levels matched square of 9 numbers. Do you use this at all in your analysis / estimation ?

THE GENERAL No I dont use the square of 9 but I do know a little on Gann

This market is trying to fool traders, I would say up for monday, from friday i said short form 9985 target of 9000 15 ticks off,remmber these are just raw numbers that im giving thats if anyone intresed that is.

I also said go long at 10020 well i didt as it run up so much I new there would be a pull back on a break of 10020 im now long form 9968

MONDAYS TRADING

Look to go long again at 10020 target 10175 stop would be 9970. If the nasdaq is weak on the DOW breaking 10020 all bets off.

CJ

cj12,
Amazing. I've been following this thread occasionally and felt that I should comment.
I was in on Friday, but long at 10042. I set myself a target of 10120 and have let it run over the weekend.
My stop is WIDE.
Perhaps I'm to conservative. I'll follow the thread more closely now. Thanks for your input.

CJ,

Thanks for the response. I am still interested in how you arrive at your target figures though. You said previously that it was pretty involved but when you found time you would elaborate......

Care to comment if not too many traders have been pm'ing you for advice !?

Writing this message at 2,05pm UK time I said Friday go long at 10020 only if the nasdqu is trading strong with the DOW. Well as you can see this trade dont look like its going to materialised, Bet off today

I would now be looking to buy at around 9877, you would then wait for three (1 min bars) to close above 9877 and max time allowed is 15 mins for this trade to work. Stop would be 10 ticks of the low sell half of your position at 9930 let the other half ride till the close.

For the more experience or brave trader, you could buy at the raw number 9877 stop around 15 to 25 ticks

CJ

Long form 9877 sold half at 9930 now stop at entry 9877 and let it ride till the close around

CJ