Cityindex 1 point spread on the Dow

<< To make matters worse, many of the debtors were friends of Mr Spencer. One, Geoffrey Conway-Henderson, was declared bankrupt last May after running up losses of £5.8m with City Index. >>

What's £5.8m between friends? :D

You wonder how they keep the 1pt Dow spread going. No doubt all the opposition are waiting to celebrate if it goes back to 2pt.

<< To make matters worse, many of the debtors were friends of Mr Spencer. One, Geoffrey Conway-Henderson, was declared bankrupt last May after running up losses of £5.8m with City Index. >>

What's £5.8m between friends? :D

You wonder how they keep the 1pt Dow spread going. No doubt all the opposition are waiting to celebrate if it goes back to 2pt.
Yes their competitors do not understand how they can operate offering 1 point spread on the Dow. One must remember, it is also one point spread on the Dow future and not only on the rolling cash. I will continue trading with them as long as they stick to it, no plans to go back to 2 point spread they told me. But they are a market maker so one never knows.

that was my complaint in the first place! Its a crap platform and had lost me a LOT of money due to its instability.
It can have the best spreads in the world but if it crashes and doesnt execute orders properly whats the point?
Good luck to those who it works for, but I wil never use tham again. Plenty of better platforms and with same if not better spreads. 1 point Dow is on plenty of other platforms e.g. Capital Markets. Sure there is more out there.

Last edited:
that was my complaint in the first place! Its a crap platform and had lost me a LOT of money due to its instability.
It can have the best spreads in the world but if it crashes and doesnt execute orders properly whats the point?
Good luck to those who it works for, but I wil never use tham again. Plenty of better platforms and with same if not better spreads. 1 point Dow is on plenty of other platforms e.g. Capital Markets. Sure there is more out there.
Who else is offering 1 point spread on the future, I would say no one. Worlspreads if offering 0 point spread on the Dow rolling daily, that is if you deposit £5000, but who can take that offer seriously. Didn't you have a stop in place when it crashed, weren't you covered?

Last edited:
Have edited this as city say problem is at my end.

Am trying what they have sugested.

Will see if that helps.

Last edited: