Change at the Top

I think he's perfectly happy discussing trading (and other stuff) with traders :)

Whether he wants to come back or not is irrelevant. It’s the principle that is important. If the new management wants to prove that they are impartial (unlike the last crop) then they should reinstate ALL permanently banned members in the same way that certain selected permanently banned members were. However it is a bit of a stretch to ask that all banned members be reinstated so all I am requesting is that SOCRATES is reinstated. If it doesn’t happen then despite the pledge of new and refreshing things from Steve it will just be the same Ol’ same Ol’...which is why my interest in the site is on the wane.

Socrates didn't get banned for his opinions on trading, nor did he get banned for saying he placed trades that didn't actually appear in the market.

He got banned for the way he talked to other members.

So - would he behave if he came back?

As for his posts and whether he could actually trade. It is unknown to most because he was so vague and flowery, the whole persona could well have just been someone dicking around with the general membership.

As for his posts and whether he could actually trade. It is unknown to most because he was so vague and flowery, the whole persona could well have just been someone dicking around with the general membership.

Anyone who has their ducks in a row can see that the man had his ducks in row.

I doubt anyone involved in his ban would even know what a duck looked like

Socrates didn't get banned for his opinions on trading, nor did he get banned for saying he placed trades that didn't actually appear in the market.

He got banned for the way he talked to other members.

So - would he behave if he came back?

How do you know he ever went away?

Ok - so Socrates was da man. Can someone explain then:

- why he posted up bogus trades?
- why he spoke in riddles?
- why he takes pleasure in belittling people?

He was just a guy with prose and some trading knowledge who had a bit of a God complex.

Of course, maybe I missed something? I wasn't here @ the time but looking back, he was so vague, a lot of his stuff was meaningless. I did love the retrospective analysis though.

Anyone who has their ducks in a row can see that the man had his ducks in row.

I doubt anyone involved in his ban would even know what a duck looked like

And it follows that anyone that doesn't have their ducks in a row can't tell either way.

After more than ten years at the helm of Trade2Win I’ve decided to step aside to give someone new the opportunity to bring a fresh focus to the site.

Paul, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors :cheers:

I very much look forward to making Trade2Win a great place to be and to developing the site for your benefit.

Welcome to the community, Steve :)

Yep, get Socco back. Some of those exchanges used to make me howl, although the very best ones were deleted.:LOL:

I'd even chuck in the modding in exchange for the sparring....hows that !

How many used tenners are we up to now to gain access to the inner circle ?:LOL:

I'd even chuck in the modding in exchange for the sparring....hows that !

There's certainly some comedy gold amongst those old threads and Mr Socco liked a bit of banter.

You have to admit, he is like a ghost haunting the place. t2w staff come and go, mods come and go, but practically no event can occur without reference to Mr Socco.

Its certainly relevant to point out that he had the secret hidden agenda sussed well before most

If he comes back, I'll take your modding role :clap: