Cash FX

TD, do you trade futures or stocks at all, or only forex? Thanks for starting this thread. Reading your old thread here on T2W was very helpful.

Yes I trade everything that moves.

But I only actively watch 12 markets.

3 Equity Indexes
2 Commodities
6 FX pairs
1 Bond market

Yes I trade everything that moves.

But I only actively watch 12 markets.

3 Equity Indexes
2 Commodities
6 FX pairs
1 Bond market

Let me guess...

3 Equity Indexes
- FTSE
- S&P500
- Dow

2 Commodities
- Gold
- Oil

6 FX pairs
- GBP.USD
- EUR.USD
- USD.CHF
- AUD.USD
- USD.CAD
- GBP.JPY
- surely can't be EUR.GBP right? :cheesy:

1 Bond market
- Bund

How many did I get right?

Let me guess...

3 Equity Indexes
- FTSE
- S&P500
- Dow

2 Commodities
- Gold
- Oil

6 FX pairs
- GBP.USD
- EUR.USD
- USD.CHF
- AUD.USD
- USD.CAD
- GBP.JPY
- surely can't be EUR.GBP right? :cheesy:

1 Bond market
- Bund

Drop s&p for the swiss market.
Drop usdchf for eurjpy.
Drop usdcad for eurgbp.

Better?

Let me guess...

I watch and actively trade:

3 Equity Indexes
- FTSE
- S&P500
- Dax

2 Commodities
- Gold
- Oil

6 FX pairs
- GBP.USD
- EUR.USD
- EUR.GBP
- USD.JPY
- USD.CAD
- GBP.JPY

1 Bond market
- Bund

You got 9/12.

But you lose all kudos for putting USD/CHF in the list of pairs which I absolutely refuse to trade under any circumstances.

:)

After I took a nice short setup on USD/CHF last week, the swiss bank intervened and cost me about 60 pips in 5 minutes. I think I might be in your boat with that pair now TD.

Drop s&p for the swiss market.
Drop usdchf for eurjpy.
Drop usdcad for eurgbp.

Better?

To be fair you would probably have been absolutely right a little while back but every quarter I try to cut some of the markets that I either haven't traded or I haven't performed particularly well in and sometimes I add others.

after i took a nice short setup on usd/chf last week, the swiss bank intervened and cost me about 60 pips in 5 minutes. I think i might be in your boat with that pair now td.

lol. Look at EUR/CHF.

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Went short USD/CAD on the 9th Feb at 20:00...any thoughts? TIA...

Cracking trade.

I'd be very careful of 1.0420 area though.

Thanks Tom, this is where it gets 'tricky' for me as my signals told me to go long on 15mins at 19:45...:rolleyes: Is it OK if I PM you tomorrow and discuss why I took it, why the edge appears (for now) to work on any TF? :)

Is it OK if I PM you tomorrow and discuss why I took it, why the edge appears (for now) to work on any TF? :)

Anytime mate. Always happy to help if I can.

If you have MSN or Skype that would be easier.

Last edited:
TD, you still trading mainly from Daily charts ? looks like you got in Cable short based on a Bearish outside bar ?

TD, you still trading mainly from Daily charts ? looks like you got in Cable short based on a Bearish outside bar ?

I make my decisions based on the daily and then enter on the hourly.

I don't trade based on candlestick patterns but bearish outside bars are quite reliable (if they come at swing highs). I don't think this one did.

I make my decisions based on the daily and then enter on the hourly.

I don't trade based on candlestick patterns but bearish outside bars are quite reliable (if they come at swing highs). I don't think this one did.

Hi TD,

Great journal. I see your style evolved from using PA as entries. Seems you are using more like a touch of resistance/support entries. Really liked your comment on the Stop to BE+1 and playing someone's P&L instead of the market. I have to admit it described me very well:)

Only thing i'd like to add to it. Someone who start with any style of discretional trading, the one thing he/she should do is either take full profit on first trouble area. When they learned how to take the entries and close trades, one can use the "let the trade run" rule. I think for a newbie getting confidence through a very simple trade management routine is the No1 thing.

Thanks for your comments,

BTW a very big thanks to You for your "How to make money trading" thread!!
after that i joinned the j16PF and happy since:)

your style remind me of Mark(Raczek) are u guys relatives or something??:)

Viktor

Only thing i'd like to add to it. Someone who start with any style of discretional trading, the one thing he/she should do is either take full profit on first trouble area. When they learned how to take the entries and close trades, one can use the "let the trade run" rule. I think for a newbie getting confidence through a very simple trade management routine is the No1 thing.

I agree with you totally. That's an excellent point you have made.

your style remind me of Mark(Raczek) are u guys relatives or something??:)

lol no we're not but he really inspired me.

Thanks for your kind words and best of luck with your trading :)