Career Change

nishi

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this site, and came across it by chance.

Trading is something that I am interested in. I am a thirty year old TV Producer who has worked on business docs and wanted to find out a little more about how to become a trader and the skills needed?

I would be grateful for your insight

N

Last edited:
:)

Hi Nishi

Welcome on board.
Trading is the best profession if you want to test your personal integrity and values. If you succeed- the learning curve will be kind to you. You will face greed, fear and insecurity along the way. But will also acquire greater understanding about discipline, values and importance of emotional stability later on. Trading starts and finishes with oneself. Strong character and passion is what you need the most. As markets are always fair, you only get what you see.
As for academic skills, economics, finances and psychology are the ones you should be a master of. You either learn them now or market will force you to learn them later.
You also need to know your limits. Can you afford trading? Can you afford to lose? Then observe the markets and try your thoughts trading on paper. Test different strategies and tools, test different sectors and companies. If you are rich, you can do that today, but there is a big chance it will take you months/years before you can call yourself a trader. You need to be in the market every day in order to learn its patters, trends etc etc. So it takes time to be a trader. But once you are- nothing can compare.:)