Care to recommend a system you bought?

rap2win

Has anyone here handed over good money for a shares-trading system they are happy with?

I know these can be pricey, as we have to pay for the research.

Who's paid thousands and thinks it was worth it?

What market do you trade and for how long have you been using it?

rap2win said:
Has anyone here handed over good money for a shares-trading system they are happy with?

I know these can be pricey, as we have to pay for the research.

Who's paid thousands and thinks it was worth it?

What market do you trade and for how long have you been using it?

Mmmmm. I wonder where this leading....

I can heartily recommend the Rich Tea Minute Trader. It's made me a fortune over the years and the best thing is that it's absolutely free! However a donation to http://www.chimprehab.com/
would be a good gesture.

Here is a strategy and it's free....

Seems to work quite well on YM but careful not to get your fingers burnt.

1. Just before the open make a nice cup of tea - I find PG Tips as good as any.
2. Take a fresh packet of Rich Tea biscuits and remove one and keep at the ready.
3. Wait for the first minute candle to form then dunk the biscuit in the tea about halfway and hold in the hot liquid for approx 3 seconds.
4. Gently lift the biscuit from the tea and hold above the cup.
5. This is the important bit: If the dunked half falls back into the cup then SHORT at market, if it remains intact then go LONG. Try and time step no. 5 to coincide with the third candle.
6. Now make another fresh cup off tea, sit back and watch and exit on the completion of the 8 minute candle.
7. If successful then repeat steps 3 - 5 again as many times as you like or until you run out of biscuits.

If not successful try using chocolate digestives....

The above strategy is intended for educational purposes only and trading futures with scalding hot liquids can result in a nasty accident.

Isnt there a system called "Gorilla Trading" somewhere out there?

rols: you need to be careful about pushing your Rich Tea trading. I have suspicions you have shares in McVities, and that makes you a .... VENDOR!!!
(gaining a pecuniary advantage)

rap2win:
you may need to identify whether you are looking for a day-trading system (in which case, read "grey1"s thread about VWAP), or whether you are looking for a EOD or Swing-trading method.
Each time-frame has its own style and requirements.
(are there any that you have bought, and would like to comment on?)
EDIT: also, the amount you have to trade with may affect the recommendations)

Looking for something short term, meaning days to a few weeks, trading with around USD50k available.

rap, to be realistic, I think that, for a decent system or method, you'll have to pitch in at the hedge level of costs ie extremely expensive. Freebies or cheapies are just not worth it IMO, although others here may well disagree ! Maybe with that account size you're in a position to develop your own ?

Good luck !
rog1111

rap2win said:
Looking for something short term, meaning days to a few weeks, trading with around USD50k available.

use the search facility and:

have a look at the CANSLIM threads.

also the "Trading Day by Day" by Chick Goslin.

also "wwwatson1" (I think) had a thread called "Im doing great", where he posted EOD type trades, holding the position for about the time frame you're interested in.
he no longer posts, but he may still have a website where he can be contacted.

good luck.

Well well

Hallo hallo, Quite frankly it doesn't look like their is any successfull trading systems out there.

Is their perhaps a couple of good traders out there? :confused:

I think people don't really like to let up if they find a system that works... there probably are systems out there which work but it's human nature to keep these to oneself if one finds one that works.. especially since the average wannabe trader has spent a fortune through trading losses, buying systems etc.
It seems it's destined to be a successful trader means that you've lost a packet in the past!!

Just keep it simple and maintain DISCIPLINE. Price can only move up or down. Accept that loss is a part of the game otherwise the DISCIPLINE bit disappears. Go with the flow when getting in , not against it, and know your outs at all times including before you get in. - That's for free and it is all you need to know.

cu2 said:
Hallo hallo, Quite frankly it doesn't look like their is any successfull trading systems out there.

Is their perhaps a couple of good traders out there? :confused:

Well, most hedge funds are trading their own systems, and I don't believe they all lose money.

It's true, though, that almost everyone will endure knockbacks while they're in the hunt for something that works. Then it's up to them to recoup their losses.

Any system you apply will work a lot better if you combine it with diligence and common sense. After all, why would you buy a stock turned up by a scan wihout even reading its news stories? They're available free right here on the Net.